I started a thread on American education....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 08:12 PM
RE: I started a thread on American education....
(02-03-2013 07:58 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  YOU CANT NOT TEACH WHATEVER YOU WANT.
I'm right there with you because "You can't not teach whatever you want." is a double negative. Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 08:15 PM
(02-03-2013 08:11 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "We are not talking about most countries I am talking about democratic
societies, and you would be wrong, hit your child in front of a police
officer and see what happens....anyways how about you stay on topic
here. YOU CANT NOT TEACH WHATEVER YOU WANT."

There are only 31 nation states that outlaw corporal punishment and the US & Canada are not among them. As for your yelling, I didn't bring up the topic of children's rights so there's no yell at me. In fact, there's no need to yell at anyone.
Your right, but, as I said before: try to get away with teaching your child that eating dirt is good for it, see where you deserve to belong in the end. We obviously are talking about the western world.... the society WE live in........
02-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Vosur....wow...TEACHING REQUIRES KNOWLEDGE BUT ALSO REQUIRES ACTIONS...you cant not teach with out actions, its impossible. Try to teach a child to ride a bike without physical help. Try to teach a child what is right and wrong, with out experiencing what is right and wrong. Your an ignorant fool. Give me one example where a child doesnt require no actions by a parent to teach them...IDIOT

Again, teach your child to only eat dirt and see what happens..

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
02-03-2013, 08:20 PM
(02-03-2013 08:11 PM)StorMRising Wrote:  Simply put lucky, you can not teach ANYTHING you like to your child. The story ends here..... (Or face society and its laws head on, where you will more then likely lose.)
Well, I'm sorry, but simply repeating your assertions doesn't make them any more valid.

02-03-2013, 08:23 PM
(02-03-2013 08:15 PM)StorMRising Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 08:11 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "We are not talking about most countries I am talking about democratic
societies, and you would be wrong, hit your child in front of a police
officer and see what happens....anyways how about you stay on topic
here. YOU CANT NOT TEACH WHATEVER YOU WANT."

There are only 31 nation states that outlaw corporal punishment and the US & Canada are not among them. As for your yelling, I didn't bring up the topic of children's rights so there's no yell at me. In fact, there's no need to yell at anyone.
Your right, but, as I said before: try to get away with teaching your child that eating dirt is good for it, see where you deserve to belong in the end. We obviously are talking about the western world.... the society WE live in........
So what exactly is your point here? People teach their children irrational, hateful things all the time. There is religious indoctrination, racism, homophobia, misogyny and statism all over the place. Are you arguing that there should be laws against all those things? And if so, how do you establish that your idea of what is right or wrong should be forced upon others at the point of a gun?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2013, 08:31 PM
(02-03-2013 08:18 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Vosur....wow...TEACHING REQUIRES KNOWLEDGE BUT ALSO REQUIRES ACTIONS...you cant not teach with out actions, its impossible. Try to teach a child to ride a bike without physical help. Try to teach a child what is right and wrong, with out experiencing what is right and wrong. Your an ignorant fool. Give me one example where a child doesnt require no actions by a parent to teach them...IDIOT

(02-03-2013 07:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  You could teach your children that jihad is holy without actually killing anyone.

This started out with teaching children about things.

02-03-2013, 08:33 PM
(02-03-2013 08:23 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 08:15 PM)StorMRising Wrote:  Your right, but, as I said before: try to get away with teaching your child that eating dirt is good for it, see where you deserve to belong in the end. We obviously are talking about the western world.... the society WE live in........
So what exactly is your point here? People teach their children irrational, hateful things all the time. There is religious indoctrination, racism, homophobia, misogyny and statism all over the place. Are you arguing that there should be laws against all those things? And if so, how do you establish that your idea of what is right or wrong should be forced upon others at the point of a gun?
Ummm as I kept stating it is against the law and that it is not socially accepted to teach such things in OUR society...... Really, what have you been reading? A parent does NOT have the right in our society to teach whatever they like... THATS THE END GAME...
02-03-2013, 08:33 PM
(02-03-2013 08:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 08:18 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Vosur....wow...TEACHING REQUIRES KNOWLEDGE BUT ALSO REQUIRES ACTIONS...you cant not teach with out actions, its impossible. Try to teach a child to ride a bike without physical help. Try to teach a child what is right and wrong, with out experiencing what is right and wrong. Your an ignorant fool. Give me one example where a child doesnt require no actions by a parent to teach them...IDIOT

(02-03-2013 07:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  You could teach your children that jihad is holy without actually killing anyone.

This started out with teaching children about things.
Umm that wouldnt be literal sharia law...

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
02-03-2013, 08:39 PM
"Ummm as I kept stating it is against the law"

You can say it as many times as you like but you can't say it enough times to make it so. And you can yell that you have the last word all you like.... but you don't. Wink

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
02-03-2013, 08:42 PM
It seems like some of you are missing the point, you can teach your child to eat dirt, BUT, when someone finds out about that... You are going to prison. SO, society say's otherwise, you can NOT teach your child whatever you like (we should of put first, you wont get away with it!).