I started a thread on American education....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: I started a thread on American education....
(02-03-2013 11:05 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 10:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_lwmv96R76D1r0gbnl.jpg]
How can you have citation on this? All I can do is ask and act like a scientist, what is the probability of allowing such things? There are laws that cover such situations. I guess, all I can give is examples, would western society allow south pacific nations to practice cannibalistic rituals? is this teachable to western society?

You stated that there are laws which ban the indoctrination of children by their own families, or at least, you said as much, in not as many words:
Quote:Child abuse laws state you cant manipulate or brain wash children, what the fuck do you think indoctrination is?

In every western society I might add.
Quote:I have said child abuse laws and compulsory education laws, in every western society.

With such a grandiose claim, I find it reasonable that one might expect it to be backed up.

Do you not agree?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
03-03-2013, 12:01 AM
(02-03-2013 11:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 11:05 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  How can you have citation on this? All I can do is ask and act like a scientist, what is the probability of allowing such things? There are laws that cover such situations. I guess, all I can give is examples, would western society allow south pacific nations to practice cannibalistic rituals? is this teachable to western society?

You stated that there are laws which ban the indoctrination of children by their own families, or at least, you said as much, in not as many words:
Quote:Child abuse laws state you cant manipulate or brain wash children, what the fuck do you think indoctrination is?

In every western society I might add.
Quote:I have said child abuse laws and compulsory education laws, in every western society.

With such a grandiose claim, I find it reasonable that one might expect it to be backed up.

Do you not agree?
No I stated that indoctrination falls under manipulation and brain washing under emotional/psychological abuse of children (which I stated for farther definitions you can look up yourself, as you would someone that denies evolution). Again if you would take the time to look up child abuse and compulsory education laws.....

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
03-03-2013, 12:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 12:36 AM by DLJ.)
Well, this IS a weird thread.

Escalation to outrage within the first page.
No apparent reason for the escalation and name-calling (was it an over-spill from another thread?).
Not even sure who the name-calling is directed towards e.g. "stop being ass" [sic].

Misuse of rules that make some of the posts quite hard to understand i.e. there obviously is a problem with American education... insufficient teaching of rules of the grammatical nature:

Double negatives.
Misspellings and contradictions e.g. "You do not have any right over a being other then yourself (too put it plainly!) ... Your child is YOUR responsibility..."
From post #32 "Your right, but..." could be contextually correct but I think "You're right, but..." is what was intended.
This one... uh?!?!... "I have stated laws against people saying I was wrong". Are there really laws in the US that state you can not tell someone else they are wrong?

It's very hard to follow.

From the melee, I think there were a couple of examples of things not to teach children....

So, just for the record, I was under-age when I first ate dirt and also ate human flesh / drank human blood. No biggie! And no one taught me to do it.

If the OP is about having limitations on personal freedoms in order to maintain a stable society... well, d'uh! Of course.

If the OP is about tolerating the laws of other countries (Zulus were mentioned) when practiced by temporary or permanent visitors, that's a more interesting subject...

It's the age old question of assimilation vs. diversity.

The healthiest societies celebrate diversity (e.g. 9th to 11th century Baghdad, Andalusia etc.) and it's a well-understood evolutionary principle... in-breeding = not good (e.g. British royal family).
This, of course, needs to be balanced against the need for a harmonious / stable society so sudden change and / or 'extreme' and perhaps ghetto-ised diversity tends to be counter-productive (e.g. UK attempt to be multi-cultural at any cost).

Certainly these are interesting topics but perhaps better addressed in a debate format rather than a bar-room brawl.

Drinking Beverage

Oh, and if you are simply saying that teaching children that myths are facts and that there will be eternal punishment for not believing that these myths are in fact, facts... is child abuse... then I'm with you, brother.

Edit: ... brothers.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-03-2013, 12:26 AM
(03-03-2013 12:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Well, this IS a weird thread.

It's very hard to follow.

It has given me a headache

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
03-03-2013, 06:35 AM
(02-03-2013 09:21 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Vosur, I looked up German law. You definitely dont have a case in disagreeing with what we are saying. I also looked up Canadian, British and American laws, which all are similar.

[Image: citation-needed-wikipedia-819731_500_271.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
(02-03-2013 07:02 PM)StorMRising Wrote:  The point being made, was that parents (anyone) can teach their children whatever they like and that the law supports it. Well, sorry to burst any deluded fuckers out there bubbles, you CAN NOT teach your child whatever you like! As a society and being apart of that society you have a responsibility to raise your children to the standards of that society.

As my brother stated some examples, I will post others.

You have no right to teach your child that it can eat dirt and live, without facing criminal action.

You have no right to say that standing for 24/7 is good for you, without facing criminal action.

I could go on and on, I read many of the post from the other thread and I could not believe you fools did not understand what he was saying.

You could be right if you focused on the ethics, morals, or wisdom of teaching children foolish things. Or you could argue that such things couldn't legally be taught in school (where there are a few limits to speech). But because you keep making this an issue of public speech -- such as focusing on what the creation museum teaches or about what a parent can teach their own child ("you CAN NOT teach your child") -- and because you keep discussing it in a legal context ("without facing criminal action") I have to agree with these guys... you're wrong! You've been wrong and you continue to be wrong!

Your incredulity doesn't change the fact that stupid people can legally say stupid things. I was told by a lawyer before a case involving my daughter that the law doesn't prevent parents from being bad or stupid parents, and that any arguments about how my ex was raising my daughter "incorrectly" would have no traction. It didn't matter if I agreed with or liked this facet of the American legal system, because it's true no matter how I feel about it. One of America's freedoms is the freedom to be an idiotic citizen, parent, politician, and/or teacher... like it or not.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post