I started my first blovel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2012, 08:54 AM

Wink I started my first blovel
At midnight, I started my first blovel entitled, “Rise of the Zombie Lords.”

This is a story about a psychologist, Jeffrey Jackson, Ph.D., who is forced into the French Quarter underworld of zombies and their bokors (the ones who control the zombies). Through Jackson’s chance encounter with a psychiatric patient—a young woman raised from the grave before her bokor could get to her—he comes to realize the line between psychotic paranoia and just plain old common sense is a thin one.

Will he be able to protect her?

Will he be just another bokor to her?

Will they fall in love?

Who will win in this struggle to control the undead is anyone’s guess.

The story is presented as Jackson’s recently discovered memoir and instruction manual for those who have encounter zombies in their everyday lives. Published through an underground network, it never should have been available to those who didn’t need it, especially through a commercial publisher that would re-title it “Rise of the Zombie Lords.”

After all, zombies and bokors are serious business.

Start reading the story here:

http://gordons-ghosts.com/

Learn more about blovels here:

http://gordons-ghosts.com/what-is-a-blog-novel/

Happy reading! Banana_zorro
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Egor's post
31-10-2012, 10:35 AM
RE: I started my first blovel
Awesome sauce Smile First post is great too. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2012, 12:15 PM
(31-10-2012 08:54 AM)Egor Wrote:  At midnight, I started my first blovel entitled, “Rise of the Zombie Lords.”

This is a story about a psychologist, Jeffrey Jackson, Ph.D., who is forced into the French Quarter underworld of zombies and their bokors (the ones who control the zombies). Through Jackson’s chance encounter with a psychiatric patient—a young woman raised from the grave before her bokor could get to her—he comes to realize the line between psychotic paranoia and just plain old common sense is a thin one.

Will they fall in love?

The story is presented as Jackson’s recently discovered memoir and instruction manual for those who have encounter zombies in their everyday lives. Published through an underground network, it never should have been available to those who didn’t need it, especially through a commercial publisher that would re-title it “Rise of the Zombie Lords.”

"blovel" is a truly ugly word - something better is needed.

I will take a pass on reading zombie crap.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2012, 01:38 PM
(31-10-2012 12:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 08:54 AM)Egor Wrote:  At midnight, I started my first blovel entitled, “Rise of the Zombie Lords.”

Will they fall in love?

"blovel" is a truly ugly word - something better is needed.

It's a critic Ohmy *The point* of zombie crap is exactly that. It's *fun* stuff. Mucking around. Getting your face and hands dirty. The authorial equivalent of playing in a sandpit. It can be a very fun read too, especially if the mix is just right. Agree about blovel though.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
31-10-2012, 01:46 PM
(31-10-2012 01:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 12:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  "blovel" is a truly ugly word - something better is needed.

It's a critic Ohmy *The point* of zombie crap is exactly that. It's *fun* stuff. Mucking around. Getting your face and hands dirty. The authorial equivalent of playing in a sandpit. It can be a very fun read too, especially if the mix is just right. Agree about blovel though.

Halloween makes the Terse One extra grumpy.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
31-10-2012, 01:48 PM
(31-10-2012 01:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 01:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  It's a critic Ohmy *The point* of zombie crap is exactly that. It's *fun* stuff. Mucking around. Getting your face and hands dirty. The authorial equivalent of playing in a sandpit. It can be a very fun read too, especially if the mix is just right. Agree about blovel though.

Halloween makes the Terse One extra grumpy.

Bah, humbug. Angry

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Blovel is a barfy sounding word. Consider Don't know what else you'd use, though.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
31-10-2012, 02:57 PM
(31-10-2012 02:54 PM)kim Wrote:  Blovel is a barfy sounding word. Consider Don't know what else you'd use, though.

e-Serial?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-10-2012, 03:03 PM
(31-10-2012 02:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  e-Serial?

That's better... maybe: eSerial Thumbsup
Tongue Ha - the e could also be for Egor.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
31-10-2012, 03:16 PM
(31-10-2012 03:03 PM)kim Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 02:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  e-Serial?

That's better... maybe: eSerial Thumbsup
Tongue Ha - the e could also be for Egor.

e-cereal = e-Cheerios, yum yum, new General Mills product.

I picture a "blovel" as small mound of earth a Hobbit might inhabit

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post