I stepped on a FB mine...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2012, 02:17 AM
I stepped on a FB mine...
and it exploded into this:

[Image: FB%20Post.png]

BTW, on point #4 on my last comment, I only included that because I haven't officially "come out" as an atheist on FB. But based on this, anyone with a brain would probably figure it out anyway...

Crazy, huh? I didn't spend more than 10 minutes on this one, since it's an obvious waste of time, but it's sad that I graduated with this person... Hopefully none of my comments come across as dickish... I made a couple jabs where I couldn't resist (throwing in gravity with the list of theories he "doesn't believe in", etc) And yes, I know I could/should have just ignored the post, but you haven't read the blog (linking it would reveal his & my identity), which was why I couldn't resist. He's a guy I graduated from HS with (and it was a very small HS) so all the more tempting to respond...

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 02:31 AM
RE: I stepped on a FB mine...
I would've walked away having said nothing 0_0. Can you really stand having that many people like that on your FB just from high school friends? Obviously they aren't people you're keeping too much track of. I'd say give yourself a bit less of a headache, unless one of them happens to be a good friend and the rest were just their friends replying along with them. I avoid making statements on facebook for reasons like this.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
11-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Anyone can just look at his wall of text and your pithy comebacks and see right away who the more sane person is!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-02-2012, 02:48 AM
(11-02-2012 02:31 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I would've walked away having said nothing 0_0. Can you really stand having that many people like that on your FB just from high school friends? Obviously they aren't people you're keeping too much track of. I'd say give yourself a bit less of a headache, unless one of them happens to be a good friend and the rest were just their friends replying along with them. I avoid making statements on facebook for reasons like this.

That's all him, not several people... 0.o and no, he's not a close friend (I've only seen him once since graduating), but it's a class of 17 so we were all somewhat close at one point. I know I should have walked away and ignored it... but I couldn't help it! You'd see why if I could link the blog post, which was more ridiculous and made a lot more claims (you've probably heard most of them before though). I can't link it or quote it though or I'd out his ID (and I don't like doing that sort of thing).

[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
11-02-2012, 03:05 AM
In this day and age almost everyone has something to say on facebook or who has an outspoken attitude has a blog. If I had a quarter for every time I saw someone post something stupid on a blog or on facebook, I'd probably have a new engine rebuild for my car. Well... maybe.

If I feel the need to "call someone out on facebook"... I always think:

- Will I actually accomplish anything by this?
- Who is the target audience? Their friends? Will my friends see it?
- Is this going to be a slaughter AGAINST me and I'm just wasting my breath?
- Do they have an open enough mind to even consider my viewpoint?

If they seem reasonable and open for intelligent discussion I might bother. Otherwise if they are repeat offender dumbasses I'll just remove them from my friends list or ignore them. Most the people on my facebook don't really post stuff of religious craze. I'm not sure if it's because I'm out of the bible belt.

My sister has a super religious blog.. but her and I have discussed things on a personal level instead of duking it out on facebook. I much prefer a 1 on 1 conversation with someone, unless I feel someone of reason may actually see it.
11-02-2012, 03:24 AM
That's all one person? It really sounds like multiple people. yet another reason to get an extension on your poking stick.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post
11-02-2012, 04:22 AM
LOL. I love the guy who keeps repeating himself because no one is paying attention to him. Did you hear me? I said marbles! Diamonds and marbles!! C'mon people, I'm spitting hot fire with my poetry here! Diamonds. Marbles. Tread. Angels. Where's my thumbs up?

Setting aside the disturbing fact that this sounds like a cult meeting in progress (lots of chanting and no one paying attention to you), this is actually pretty calm compared to most FB posts. Usually a lot more names are called.

"I don't need an astronomy book or any other subject. I live by faith. Jesus is my subject." I've never heard a more verbose way of saying, "I'm a retard."

I don't need to understand ethics or morality. I live by giving gifts. Santa is my morality.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
11-02-2012, 10:45 AM
haha yeah. I'm hanging up the towel on it, but he definitely loved my last response. He posted about 10 comments in a row (of course missing all of my points and going on more about playing marbles with diamonds and the bible, etc). He's even challenged me to a debate, in person. Of course, he'd just have all his hyper-religious friends come and stack it so that everyone there already agreed with him... lol

[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
12-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Your arguments were good and well worded , sadly I fear they fall on deaf ears.
I've given up trying to explain reality to people who don;t want to hear it.
If they don't have the capacity to question their own position , then I doubt you can convince them .

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin