I still can't get used to Trump being president

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2017, 07:33 PM
I still can't get used to Trump being president
Anyone else struggling with this? I didn't have this problem when father and son Bush became president. I wasn't thrilled when they got elected but I accepted that they were the President of the US. I also didn't have this problem when Reagan became president even though he sold the middle class down the river.

I can't watch the news. I have to run out of the room when the Sunday political shows are on. I just can't accept this situation and I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next few years.

We can all talk about impeachment but until anything illegal is uncovered it's just wishful thinking. So we're stuck. I'm stuck.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-03-2017, 07:35 PM
RE: I still can't get used to Trump being president
(10-03-2017 07:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Anyone else struggling with this? I didn't have this problem when father and son Bush became president. I wasn't thrilled when they got elected but I accepted that they were the President of the US. I also didn't have this problem when Reagan became president even though he sold the middle class down the river.

I can't watch the news. I have to run out of the room when the Sunday political shows are on. I just can't accept this situation and I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next few years.

We can all talk about impeachment but until anything illegal is uncovered it's just wishful thinking. So we're stuck. I'm stuck.

I am constantly expecting the other shoe to drop. Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
10-03-2017, 07:36 PM
No, not really.
10-03-2017, 07:46 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be a casualty of the new 'healthcare' mess we'll get.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
10-03-2017, 07:50 PM
I know he's president, but I inwardly face-palm whenever I remember.

I still can't get over the fact that put of 330 million people this is what we ended up with. I am ashamed.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
10-03-2017, 08:07 PM
I feel like I've gone through the denial phase and now I'm supposed to normalize trump and go the the next phase of acceptance and I just can't. I can't normalize him. He's not a normal person. I still can't spell his name with a capital "T"

It bothers me that the news media doesn't really take him on the way they did with Nixon. They sort of do but the media is more scattered these days. There are thousands of news outlets, whereas in Nixon's time there were just a few.

I donated some money to a special election in Alabama (I think it's Alabama?) in hopes that the Democrat will win. I need some hope for the future because I feel like I have no control over anything anymore.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-03-2017, 08:09 PM
(10-03-2017 07:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 07:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Anyone else struggling with this? I didn't have this problem when father and son Bush became president. I wasn't thrilled when they got elected but I accepted that they were the President of the US. I also didn't have this problem when Reagan became president even though he sold the middle class down the river.

I am constantly expecting the other shoe to drop. Confused

Other shoe? What do you mean by this, Dom?

10-03-2017, 09:10 PM
It's like this long, slow motion train wreck that is going to take years to finally end up off the rails. I don't think Bush senior was all that bad, comparatively speaking. But that is damning with faint praise, compared to the Loofa-faced shitgibbon.
[+] 5 users Like Fireball's post
10-03-2017, 09:45 PM
(10-03-2017 07:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ... I can't watch the news ...

You & me both - and how many others are the same way? I was a news junkie but Nov 8 was the harshest cold turkey cure I've ever been forced to swallow. I wouldn't feel more strange than if on Nov 8 e & Pi had been found rational and every brick in the foundation of physics upturned. I still suspect chicanery in the election process somewhere.

I won't live to see it but 50 years from now history will begin to reveal we've lived through the greatest criminal acts ever perpetrated by cabals unchecked. That assumes mankind is still around 50 years from now, in healthy enough condition to care to research and record history. 50 years from now we may be back to hunter-gatherer status, a million or so survivors who would find it impossible to believe humanity could have been be so stupid as to carelessly destroy the apex of civilization. But it's what we do - this isn't the first time; but it may be close to the last time - the tools of real armageddon are too accessible to too many.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
10-03-2017, 09:46 PM
double post deleted