I still can't get used to Trump being president

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2017, 03:55 AM
RE: I still can't get used to Trump being president
It's amazing isn't it? He was and remains obviously corrupt, obviously incompetent, obviously delusional, obviously authoritarian, obviously not the right person for the job. And yet, somehow... enough people thought that he *was* the person for them, that he got elected.

He's a symptom, he's not the disease. But symptoms are what kills you sometimes.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
11-03-2017, 03:56 AM
I feel like I am living in some parallel universe, like in some sci-fi where some viewers are watching and thinking "Oh my god imagine Trump being elected!" ... "Naaah unlikely to happen in reality but it's fun to imagine"

And I'm not even American. But that's the attitude I'm taking in watching what is currently happening. Condolences to those actually having to live in Trump's America.
[+] 8 users Like Mathilda's post
11-03-2017, 04:41 AM
Most Aussies don't give a stuff one way or the other as to who's the current POTUS.

The Americans wrote us off as backswood folks decades ago, and for some bizarre reason known only to the corporatist/Liberal governments since, we've in turn sucked up to consecutive US presidents.

We've even let them site critical US defence/watching bases in Australia, and we've now let them establish a 2000-strong Marines base in the Northern Territory—with their all-too-obvious focus on China (which happens to be Australia's major trade partner).

Before (?) Drumpf does anything militarily irreversible, we need to boot all the seppos out of Australia and shut down their bases here. The last "favour" the US ever did for Australia was to protect their own perceived SE Asian interests in the Coral Sea Battle nearly 80 years ago.

And we shouldn't forget that during their very first telephone conversation, Drumpf actually terminated his call after only 25 minutes of a planned 60-minute discussion with PM Turnbull, saying afterwards "this was the worst call by far"—after also speaking with the heads of Japan, Germany, France, Mexico and Russia.

In discussing the US reluctantly honouring its earlier decision to take in 1250 asylum seekers who had been housed offshore by Australia, Drumpf accused Australia of seeking to export the "next Boston bombers", and that "he could be killed".

—We can only wish LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
11-03-2017, 04:48 AM
I have a theory as to the real reason why the Ringlng Bros. Barnum and Bailey Circus is going away this year...we have a much bigger circus to watch, every day, in the White House.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-03-2017, 05:36 AM
I can't get over it, either. The election and the aftermath have made it much harder for me to enjoy the things I used to. Every decision this asshole has made has been worse than I'd feared, and his underlings have been as vicious as I could imagine. The people who tried to reassure me about puppet--"he'll just be middle of the road, he's really a liberal, he's just talking like this to pacify his base"--were full of shit. The main hope I have is that puppet and his aides will continue to be so incompetent that the bureaucrats will be able to undermine the most destructive orders.

I'm still hopeful that the intelligence agencies are going to bring him down, and that the new Wikileaks docs are being leaked because some agency has found the smoking gun.

I know I need a mental break from all of this worry, but I haven't been able to grant myself one.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
11-03-2017, 06:27 AM
SSDD as far as I'm concerned...

The only thing I've really seen change is a couple of the neighbors no longer praise Hillary every three minutes.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-03-2017, 06:44 AM
(10-03-2017 08:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 07:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am constantly expecting the other shoe to drop. Confused

Other shoe? What do you mean by this, Dom?

I don't know. Just the feeling that the shock from the election was the start and the current circus I am watching is going to implode or explode, sooner or later.

I watch the news all the time now, after decades of only watching peripherally. Trump had a major melt down last weekend and he is still fragile and not appearing in public - he read a short speech from a prompter yesterday. He's going to need some rally to recoup.

He is getting increasingly paranoid. It is very troublesome. There are leaks all around him. He's gonna end up firing just about everyone...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-03-2017, 07:06 AM
(10-03-2017 08:07 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I feel like I have no control over anything anymore.

Pretty much my life story since the world introduced its ugly side to the young adult version of me.

I don't think I'll get used to Trump, per se. He's definitely gonna make for a unique chapter in my hypothetical future grandchildren's history book. But at this point he's just another in a long line of real life jokes that I can either worry about or take cynical humour in. My efforts for today may prove to be successful or something might kill me. That's always gonna be true with or without Trump.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-03-2017, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 07:25 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(10-03-2017 07:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Anyone else struggling with this?

I will never normalize Trump. He is a fake president. He is illegitimate because he won by cheating -- by pathologically lying and bullying. He is a Russian puppet. He is almost entirely unqualified. He repeatedly tries to delegitimize anyone who opposes him or his self-mythology. I hope his supporters and other Republicans realize the truth about him as quickly as possible, so he can be removed from office.

Angry
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
11-03-2017, 07:29 AM
(10-03-2017 07:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Anyone else struggling with this?

I've been predicting it here for 3 years.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.