I thank you religious troll!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 06:32 AM
I thank you religious troll!
Just to say a big thank-you to all the religious trolls coming on here. It's obvious that you do not actually seek to convert anyone otherwise you wouldn't insult your audience but you do serve a purpose.

Organised religion has several pre-packaged arguments thought out in advance and which require a few moments thought (or longer) to dispute. This may take too much time in a live debate. The religious trolls are coming here and effectively informing the atheist crowd of what they should expect. Because it is almost always a single troll against a whole forum, it allows us to collectively dissect and counter such arguments and to find the best way of communicating them for future use or to convince other potential atheists. New atheists will find these counter arguments invaluable when they find themselves wavering because of years of emotional conditioning being exploited.

I think of it like a mother cat bringing back wounded mice for her kittens to learn to hunt. But the trolls come here consensually and for that I thank you all. You are providing atheism a valuable service.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 16 users Like Mathilda's post
29-01-2014, 06:51 AM
RE: I thank you religious troll!
(29-01-2014 06:32 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Just to say a big thank-you to all the religious trolls coming on here. It's obvious that you do not actually seek to convert anyone otherwise you wouldn't insult your audience but you do serve a purpose.

Organised religion has several pre-packaged arguments thought out in advance and which require a few moments thought (or longer) to dispute. This may take too much time in a live debate. The religious trolls are coming here and effectively informing the atheist crowd of what they should expect. Because it is almost always a single troll against a whole forum, it allows us to collectively dissect and counter such arguments and to find the best way of communicating them for future use or to convince other potential atheists. New atheists will find these counter arguments invaluable when they find themselves wavering because of years of emotional conditioning being exploited.

I think of it like a mother cat bringing back wounded mice for her kittens to learn to hunt. But the trolls come here consensually and for that I thank you all. You are providing atheism a valuable service.

I said much the same thing in a previous thread. They don't think about the fact that they are basically driving anyone with doubts toward atheism with their ridiculous arguments, hateful remarks, and giving atheists the opportunity to show any reasonable person that their whole argument is bullshit. It doesn't hurt us, it helps us. It's a big part of what put me over the fence to the atheist side.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
29-01-2014, 06:52 AM
Well said Mathilda, this place is better than any book by itself.

I've learned quite a few new ways to take down a theist from this forum. Thumbsup
29-01-2014, 06:54 AM
This is undoubtedly true.

It is also enjoyable to watch the newly inducted atheists cut their teeth / earn their stripes in the arena.

I remember the days, young lady, when a head-strong, vital and vigourous Vosur joined us, guns-a-blazing, mowing down unwitting theists, Chippy-style, no quarter asked or given.

And A2 and Free Thought too and many others.

I think it's akin to a Quickening.

But, Mathilda, I hope your post does not put them off. We are forever in need of fresh victims for target practice.

Smile

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
29-01-2014, 08:33 AM
(29-01-2014 06:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  But, Mathilda, I hope your post does not put them off. We are forever in need of fresh victims for target practice.

Don't worry, they only read single sentences that are also in bold and large font.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
29-01-2014, 09:15 AM
I have to wonder why they bother to come here. Do their respective churches need converts? Do they get points for preaching at unbelievers? Are they on a mission from their god? Are we so damn scary that they feel the need to fling religiobabble at us in an attempt to tame us?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
29-01-2014, 09:42 AM
(29-01-2014 06:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This is undoubtedly true.

It is also enjoyable to watch the newly inducted atheists cut their teeth / earn their stripes in the arena.

I remember the days, young lady, when a head-strong, vital and vigourous Vosur joined us, guns-a-blazing, mowing down unwitting theists, Chippy-style, no quarter asked or given.

But, Mathilda, I hope your post does not put them off. We are forever in need of fresh victims for target practice.

Smile

Maybe it's me and I just need coffee but that was nearly poetic DLJ.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-01-2014, 09:48 AM
(29-01-2014 09:42 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 06:54 AM)DLJ Wrote:  This is undoubtedly true.

Smile

Maybe it's me and I just need coffee but that was nearly poetic DLJ.

Not poetry. Just littering alliteration, hither and thither.

Smile

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-01-2014, 10:11 AM
(29-01-2014 09:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 09:42 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Maybe it's me and I just need coffee but that was nearly poetic DLJ.

Not poetry. Just littering alliteration, hither and thither.

Smile

I did say "nearly" Shy

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

29-01-2014, 10:19 AM
I couldn't agree with this statement more. They really do their argument a great disservice by making it in the first place. Because where they tend not to think deeply on their own arguments, where we very much do.