I thank you religious troll!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: I thank you religious troll!
Christians aren't being Christian unless they are delivering the good news. It's their obligation to spread the word, and that could be a driving force behind their willingness to seek out our forum to proselytize or debate as an apologist. Some do it covertly, others are blatant trolls, but in the end they come here to feel good about themselves (selfishly or selflessly).

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
29-01-2014, 10:46 AM
I thank you religious troll!
(29-01-2014 10:39 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Christians aren't being Christian unless they are delivering the good news. It's their obligation to spread the word, and that could be a driving force behind their willingness to seek out our forum to proselytize or debate as an apologist. Some do it covertly, others are blatant trolls, but in the end they come here to feel good about themselves (selfishly or selflessly).

Not derailing here, just a chuckle. When I saw this thread while browsing the Unreads WillHopp's post above was cut off so that it read thus:

(29-01-2014 10:39 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Christians aren't being Christian unless they are delivering the goo...

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
29-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Interestingly enough, that statement is true, too. Smile

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
29-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Some of them come here thinking they are going to school atheists, and it never works out that way. Some come to feed their egos thinking that they are going to prove that they are morally superior (PleaseJesus is a perfect example of this). In all cases they always end up looking like a bunch of conceited fools, and those are the types of behaviors that drove me away from religion. They make ridiculous claims for which they have no proof, then completely avoid the question when they are asked to prove their claims, or hide behind some cover-all defense like the "God's plan" crap.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
29-01-2014, 11:08 AM
I have trouble understanding the 'I can make you better' mentality. How is thinking you are superior in keeping with being Christian?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
29-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Actually Christians have a long history thinking they are superior.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-01-2014, 11:23 AM
It does get a bit old and repetitive after a while, Tho Imagine if it werent for "them" , we wouldnt have anything to talk about, or in common.

I can see where if a person likes debating, that this is great practice and a easy target.

Personally, I dont like to debate to long and prefere to shut them down with the least amount of words necessary (in real life, anyway), I can be more of an asshole when its face to face. Beat_stick