I think Dawkins has it wrong on agnosticism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2012, 11:02 PM
RE: I think Dawkins has it wrong on agnosticism.
Arguing with a devout Christian today and I asked her the question, Do you believe that the world is inhabited by millions of invisible unicorns.
She said "no"
I asked her to prove it is not so.
She said, "Well, I can't"
I asked would she do anything different based on the fact that I believe that there are millions of them, but she just couldn't see them.
She said, "no"
I asked her to have faith that this is true.
She said, "that's crazy"
I asked her how she could believe in a god that was supported by the same amount of evidence?
She said, "because their is a God"
...and there you have it.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
13-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Logic, science, and rationality, as generally accepted, lack potency without a sense of awe as to what might further transcend what we are ever finding.
13-02-2012, 06:40 PM
(12-02-2012 08:24 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Sup, Talladega?

So what's the answer? Can information be completely destroyed or not? Ya got me salivating for the answer Cool

You have to watch that video he posted. I know it's an hour long, but it will be the best hour you've spent in quite a while. I promise.

Quote:It can only be relevant for those who believe it to be true. For the rest of us who don't believe it, it isn't a matter to be determined one way or the other since there can't be any reliable scientific evidence for or against it.

Quote:Well said.

Thanks!

"Fanatic ethnic or religious or national identifications are a little difficult to support when we see our planet as a fragile blue crescent fading to become an inconspicuous point of light against the bastion and citadel of the stars." - Carl Sagan