I think God's in Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2011, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2011 12:28 AM by GirlyMan.)
I think God's in Hell
So I'm thinking what it might be like to know everything, see everything, hear everything, be capable of doing anything but can't (or won't, same thing) act - for whatever reason, free will, pact with the devil, whatever. That's gotta be like hell.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2011, 05:30 AM
RE: I think God's in Hell
(16-07-2011 12:18 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So I'm thinking what it might be like to know everything, see everything, hear everything, be capable of doing anything but can't (or won't, same thing) act - for whatever reason, free will, pact with the devil, whatever. That's gotta be like hell.

Yep.
When you can't be or do better, and you can no longer make things more perfect, your life becomes rather meaningless. Unless, of course, you've refined the art of living in the moment. I reckon even that gets boring after a while.

I'm glad I get cold, or hungry or lonely sometimes. Gives me something to dream about.

Thanks for helping me realise that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2011, 11:02 AM
lol. clicked on this thinking it might have something to do with Peirce Anthony's Tarot series... wrong. they're pretty good tho.

be well.
16-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Well obviously existing alone for millenia, he's gained a serious mental disorder and every word of praise lifts his spirits. He's only angered when we stop =p If he were still sane then yeah he'd be bored, but you know this guy cracked a long time ago.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
16-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Who created hell? Who created the conditions that would lead to hell? That's what gets me- why the fuck would all this suffering and torture and pain and discomfort and tragedy even happen to anyone if some grand designer and controller was in charge of it all? How mentally sick would one have to be to create cancer? And yet I have friends telling me to worship this guy. Why the fuck would I do a thing like that? Obviously this God character is so deranged he should be locked up in a rubber room and forgotten about. So what's the hold up?

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
16-07-2011, 12:12 PM
It has to do with the fact he's in a different plane of existence than we are so it's hard for us to give him his daily sedatives =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
16-07-2011, 05:16 PM
(16-07-2011 05:30 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Unless, of course, you've refined the art of living in the moment. I reckon even that gets boring after a while.

Maybe. But it's the only prayer we got.

16-07-2011, 05:42 PM

(16-07-2011 12:12 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  It has to do with the fact he's in a different plane of existence than we are so it's hard for us to give him his daily sedatives =p

Really? I thought he was just an asshole Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Haha, oh wow. I had a good laugh. ty

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
16-07-2011, 11:43 PM
(16-07-2011 07:31 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  Haha, oh wow. I had a good laugh. ty

And that's what it's all about.