I think I'm an atheist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2015, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 07:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: I think I'm an atheist...
(02-09-2015 04:37 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Westie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westie_%28person%29

Much akin to Bogan
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan

Working class, rough around the edges, don't dress up, wear jeans and boots, listen to hard rock/metal, don't talk posh. idea of eating out is fish 'n chips. Smokes weed. Has a rusted out car as a garden feature in their unmowed front lawn...

So basically anyone confined to the penal colony.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-09-2015, 06:30 PM
First, welcome. Getting out of that brainwashing is tough, sometimes.

Then, for Stevil- as far as "South" is concerned, the South Pole of the planet (from whence all directions are North, in terms of latitudinal lines) is not off the coast of the continent of Antarctica, where the magnets give you direction. Tongue

Couldn't help meself.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
02-09-2015, 07:01 PM
geez Stevil, you've been around here long enough to know that in the south its pronounced 'Murica

No tsk, tsk, tsk.

Tongue

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
02-09-2015, 09:26 PM
(02-09-2015 07:01 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  geez Stevil, you've been around here long enough to know that in the south its pronounced 'Murica

No tsk, tsk, tsk.

Tongue

I have been called an atheist-merkin at another website...but that was an atheist site. Gasp
02-09-2015, 09:57 PM
(02-09-2015 07:01 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  geez Stevil, you've been around here long enough to know that in the south its pronounced 'Murica

No tsk, tsk, tsk.

Tongue
I've seen enough TV and heard enough chilling stories on atheist forums, and had enough arguments regarding evilution and the glorious need for guns to know that I ought to be very afraid of the Southern States.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
02-09-2015, 11:29 PM
(02-09-2015 09:57 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

No tsk, tsk, tsk.

Tongue
I've seen enough TV and heard enough chilling stories on atheist forums, and had enough arguments regarding evilution and the glorious need for guns to know that I ought to be very afraid of the Southern States.

Nah. We're really well mannered barbarians. Just don't go insulting someone's Momma or jesus.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
02-09-2015, 11:45 PM
(02-09-2015 09:57 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I've seen enough TV and heard enough chilling stories on atheist forums, and had enough arguments regarding evilution and the glorious need for guns to know that I ought to be very afraid of the Southern States.

Which Southern States though? The Southern States of South Island? See, you even do it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-09-2015, 12:17 AM
(02-09-2015 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Which Southern States though? The Southern States of South Island? See, you even do it.
I included Bows and Arrows' comment in my post for context as context is important so that people can understand the post.
Quote:geez Stevil, you've been around here long enough to know that in the south its pronounced 'Murica

BTW NZ doesn't have any Southern States, we don't have states, we have regions.
Northland
Thames Valley
Waikato
Bay of Plenty
Tongariro
East Cape
Hawkes Bay
Taranaki
Wanganui
Wairarapa
Manawatu
Horowhenua
Nelson Bays
Marlborough
Canterbury
West Coast
Aorangi
Coastal / North Otago
Clutha / Central Otago
Southland
03-09-2015, 12:23 AM
(03-09-2015 12:17 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Which Southern States though? The Southern States of South Island? See, you even do it.
I included Bows and Arrows' comment in my post for context as context is important so that people can understand the post.
Quote:geez Stevil, you've been around here long enough to know that in the south its pronounced 'Murica

BTW NZ doesn't have any Southern States, we don't have states, we have regions.
Northland
Thames Valley
Waikato
Bay of Plenty
Tongariro
East Cape
Hawkes Bay
Taranaki
Wanganui
Wairarapa
Manawatu
Horowhenua
Nelson Bays
Marlborough
Canterbury
West Coast
Aorangi
Coastal / North Otago
Clutha / Central Otago
Southland

Tongue Hey! I live in the southland! There are country songs about that Laughat

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
03-09-2015, 03:28 AM
(03-09-2015 12:17 AM)Stevil Wrote:  ...
Thames Valley

Hey! I didn't know that.

I grew up in the Thames Valley area of the UK which, there, makes me a southerner.

Now I live near the equator which makes me, I guess, a midlander?

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post