Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2015, 03:43 AM
RE: I think I'm an atheist...
(03-09-2015 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 12:17 AM)Stevil Wrote:  ...
Thames Valley

Hey! I didn't know that.

I grew up in the Thames Valley area of the UK which, there, makes me a southerner.

Now I live near the equator which makes me, I guess, a midlander?

Wink

By those standards I'm now a Highlander...but there can only be one. (cue Queen)

[Image: Highlander-Poster-05-1986.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
03-09-2015, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 04:35 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(03-09-2015 03:43 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Hey! I didn't know that.

I grew up in the Thames Valley area of the UK which, there, makes me a southerner.

Wink

By those standards I'm now a Highlander...but there can only be one. (cue Queen)

[Image: Highlander-Poster-05-1986.jpg]

Highlander: The movie where they got a French actor to play the Scotsman, and have the actual Scotsman play a Spanish-Japanese-Egyptian. Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-09-2015, 01:44 PM
(03-09-2015 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 12:17 AM)Stevil Wrote:  ...
Thames Valley

Hey! I didn't know that.

Wink
Yeah, but which way does your water spin when you pull the plug. I expect it just goes straight down!

Gotta love urban myths.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
03-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Poor leslie, she probably has no idea what the hell is going on in her thread. Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-09-2015, 06:05 PM
I didn't know using the term "the south" would cause such a debate. Wink To be specific I grew up in Alabama, moved to Georgia, then came to Tennessee after college. And realizing I don't believe in God is a big deal because it may lead to a divorce.
[+] 3 users Like leslielharris's post
03-09-2015, 06:11 PM
(03-09-2015 06:05 PM)leslielharris Wrote:  I didn't know using the term "the south" would cause such a debate. Wink To be specific I grew up in Alabama, moved to Georgia, then came to Tennessee after college. And realizing I don't believe in God is a big deal because it may lead to a divorce.

Are you getting divorced in New Zealand?
Tongue
As you can see things can get out of hand here. We mean well.

I hope you play rugby what with all the Kiwis here. Those crazy sods are likely to give you a hacka!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-09-2015, 06:13 PM
(03-09-2015 06:05 PM)leslielharris Wrote:  I didn't know using the term "the south" would cause such a debate. Wink

It's ok, you will learn once you start a thread 99% of the time it will end up somewhere you never knew it could Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
03-09-2015, 10:31 PM
(03-09-2015 06:05 PM)leslielharris Wrote:  I didn't know using the term "the south" would cause such a debate. Wink To be specific I grew up in Alabama, moved to Georgia, then came to Tennessee after college. And realizing I don't believe in God is a big deal because it may lead to a divorce.

Take comfort in a very basic definition of love, which states that you accept that person as they are, "warts and all". If he cannot love you enough to stay married to you despite differences of belief, then he does not love you, he loves an idea of you to which he has been forced to realize you do not conform.

I hope that you can talk to him to make him realize that loving an idealized person, where it can cease when they do not conform to an imaginary version of them, is not love. Perhaps he will amend his ways. Perhaps not.

It annoys the crap out of me that he's more in love with his religion than with you. You deserve better than that. Find a man who respects your mind loves you for all that you are. I hope he will mature quickly at the prospect of losing you, and you can find that "better man" in him.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
03-09-2015, 10:43 PM
(03-09-2015 06:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 06:05 PM)leslielharris Wrote:  I didn't know using the term "the south" would cause such a debate. Wink

It's ok, you will learn once you start a thread 99% of the time it will end up somewhere you never knew it could Tongue

Was that an invitation? Blink

(03-09-2015 10:31 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Take comfort in a very basic definition of love, which states

[Image: 425874_orig.gif]

Pay them no mind. They're supposed to behave with these introduction threads. They will be reprimanded. With extreme prejudice.

Welcome.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-09-2015, 10:52 PM
(03-09-2015 10:43 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 06:13 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's ok, you will learn once you start a thread 99% of the time it will end up somewhere you never knew it could Tongue

Was that an invitation? Blink

Did you need one?