I think I'm an atheist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2015, 10:53 PM
RE: I think I'm an atheist...
(03-09-2015 06:05 PM)leslielharris Wrote:  I didn't know using the term "the south" would cause such a debate. Wink To be specific I grew up in Alabama, moved to Georgia, then came to Tennessee after college. And realizing I don't believe in God is a big deal because it may lead to a divorce.

Ouch Undecided Sorry to hear that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2015, 11:19 PM
(03-09-2015 06:05 PM)leslielharris Wrote:  I didn't know using the term "the south" would cause such a debate. Wink To be specific I grew up in Alabama, moved to Georgia, then came to Tennessee after college. And realizing I don't believe in God is a big deal because it may lead to a divorce.

I can relate a little too well. Sad

For the most part, I grew up near Huntsville.

What particular brand of christian is your husband? Does he know?

Some couples make it work, others, not so much. There are plenty of people here that have been through similar dilemmas. So if you have questions, or need to vent, this is a great place to do so. They've put up with my bitching/moaning/raving for months.

My ex is Methodist. His attorney sent me an email just a few hours ago regarding the final settlement paperwork I've been avoiding signing for months.

If you end up with a divorce over this...it sucks. But it will eventually get better. And you're not alone. Heart

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
04-09-2015, 12:33 AM
That's oxytosin. Yes, it applies, but I was really referring more to vasopressin, since I was discussing male pair-bonding:

[Image: th?id=JN.0qX42m4sIhvq%2fONnx4w%2fWA&...;amp;h=300]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
04-09-2015, 08:25 AM
(04-09-2015 12:33 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That's oxytosin.

*oxytocin -minor quibble, carry on.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
04-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Yeah, yeah, it was 1:30 in the morning. Tongue

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
04-09-2015, 10:35 AM
(04-09-2015 08:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 12:33 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  That's oxytosin.

*oxytocin -minor quibble, carry on.

What is this place without needless pedantry?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
04-09-2015, 04:29 PM

You will find support from others facing the same issue.

Welcome to TTA.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-09-2015, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 06:31 PM by GirlyMan.)

It really doesn't have to be a big deal. This atheist got married to a good Catholic girl in a Church in front of a Priest going on some 30 years ago now where the Church, the Bishop, the Priest, and the congregation and her family were all well aware that I am an infidel who thinks any promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is complete and utter bullshit.

It's really never been an issue for GirlyMan and ManlyGirl. Neither of us see any reason why it should be.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-09-2015, 10:39 PM
(04-09-2015 10:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 08:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  *oxytocin -minor quibble, carry on.

What is this place without needless pedantry?

Chas-less. Evil_monster

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-09-2015, 10:56 PM

The similarities are becoming uncanny.

That sucks though, if it comes to that. You'll find support here though, others already have in identical situations.

[Image: giphy.gif]