I think I made the natives angry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2011, 12:42 AM
I think I made the natives angry
My name is Adam and Josh was my Pastor when I believed.
Quote:Erin
‎Josh a friend posted this "It has always been interesting to me that God created light and dark on the first day but didn't create the sun and the moon and the stars until the fourth day." Explain it. Wink
Yesterday at 9:42pm · Like · Comment
Josh A young earth creationist would simply say that God created light before the sun, and perhaps that God was the source of light prior to the sun.

An old earth creationist would say that from the perspective of the earth, the light would have been dimly visible through the primal greenhouse gases prior to the sun being visible.
Yesterday at 9:54pm · Like
Erin Nate does not approve of your answers but I can't type all of that. lol
Yesterday at 10:23pm · Like
Adam The other question arrived too your "Old Earth Creationist" Who in hell saw the light? The only life forms in early earth was microbes.
23 hours ago · Like
Josh Earth-based and human experienced are not the same thing.
23 hours ago · Like
Adam What? Earth-based and human experienced?

Also note during the time of microbes. It was not cloudy with carbon dioxide and surfer. Because early life used the sun's energy for food.
23 hours ago · Like
Josh I.e. earth based doesn't mean someone saw it, but none the less that is how it looked. Divine revelation and all.

This is prior to the time of microbes.
23 hours ago · Like
Adam There was nothing before the microbes. Only the organic materials which maybe common in the Universe.
23 hours ago · Like
Josh I was going make some smart alek comment about them prexisting the earth, but then I realized i brought it on myself by using the term primal.

I am referring to the time before there was any life forms on earth.
23 hours ago · Like
Adam If there was no life on Earth. How could anyone seen it? I can't accept god was there creating the Earth since Science has shown us planetary development is normal.
23 hours ago · Like
Josh That's like saying that you can't believe my wife bakes bread because science has shown us that sugar and yeast chemically react.

Where did all this come from? Why is there something rather than nothing? I have yet to hear a remotely satisfying atheistic answer.
22 hours ago · Like
Adam According too major theories. The major elements like Hydrogen and Helium were created during the Big Bang. We had many clouds of gasses that condensed too Stars. Stars are our big element factories. When a star explodes. The heat and pressure creates ALL the elements. Our Solar System was created from stuff that was left over a star's death. This is why we get the quote from Sagan: "We are made of star stuff."

As for what caused the Big Bang. We don't know. We do have some theories of how it may have started. I would recomend you some films that you should watch:
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/stephen-h...-universe/
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/nova-the-...-universe/

It's 12:21 I would to explane more, but Heather is giving me a look telling me to get off and finish later.
22 hours ago · Like
Dejah I almost posted about this topic yesterday, funny.
22 hours ago · Like
Alex First, Nate needs to come on FB, or at least type in your FB, Erin.
Secondly, the real problem isn't light before sun, Revelation is pretty explicit about the New Heaven/New Earth (which I imagine to be somewhat like the original, unspoiled one) "does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp." (Rev. 21:23)
The bigger concern is the photosynthesis on Day 3, prior to the Sun being created, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.”
I think the primal God-light could pretty easily support plant life, you know, for a day or so until the Sun took over.
20 hours ago · Like
Erin Alex, hehe! I would agree except it takes Nate about 5 min to type 15 words. He's not into computers BUT he can build you an AMAZING house! Wink (I still get questions like "how do I send an E-mail?")
19 hours ago · Like
Alex Check this computer house:

/ \
/__\
| |
| _ |
| | | |
|_| |_|

Yeah that took me 5 minutes, so we're around the same Smile
19 hours ago · Like
Alex ‎(ps it was a lot better in the 'Comment' window)
19 hours ago · Like
Erin lol Well Alex, what a beautiful picture! Did you make that by yourself? You're such a big boy now. lol hehehe (That's what I say to the girls 50 times a day...except the boy part.) hehehe The cross is cool though.
19 hours ago · Like
Erin Adam, back to your first post...There was no hell, therefore no one in hell could see anything... hahahaha Wink
18 hours ago · Like
Heather I don't even know you Adam, but I just have to add, why in your post did you use the word "created" so much if you don't believe someone did it? That is a word that implies a Creator to me - not an event that happened randomly!
16 hours ago · Like
Nels Perhaps the person writing all of this down into what became the Bible got things mixed up a bit. Or perhaps the story had already gotten mixed up before anyone got around to writing it down. Ever had an instruction manual that didn't make sense, or had some error in it?
13 hours ago · Like
Adam ‎@Heather, Nature Creates thing and not god. This is what I meant for "create."
12 hours ago · Like
Adam ‎@Nels, oh the Genesis story is totally messed up.

"God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth.
Genesis 1:16" (The stars gave light to the earth immediately, although the closest star, Alpha Centauri, is 4.3 light years away. So the very first star light would have taken 4.3 years to reach earth. The light we see from the Andromeda Galaxy takes 2.2 million years to reach earth... which also debunks the argument that the earth is only 6,000-10,000 years old.)

WHICH CAME FIRST IN CREATION?

GENESIS 1:11-12 and 1:26-27: Trees came before Adam.

GENESIS 2:4-9: Trees came after Adam.

GENESIS 1:20-21 and 26-27: Birds were created before Adam.

GENESIS 2:7 and 2:19: Birds were created after Adam.

Genesis 1:24-27: Animals were created before Adam.

Genesis 2:7 and 2:19: Animals were created after Adam.

Genesis 1:26-27: Adam and Eve were created at the same time.

Genesis 2:7 and 2:21-22: Adam was created first, woman sometime later.

Genesis 1:31: God was pleased with his creation.

Genesis 6:5-6: God was not pleased with his creation. (Which raises the question, how can an omnipotent, omniscient God create something he’s not pleased with?)
12 hours ago · Like
Nels Yes, I seem to recall in a class I took where it was pointed out that there are actually two creation stories in the beginning of Genesis. This is why I don't believe in a literal interpretation of everything. That doesn't mean there is not a god, or that he had nothing to do with creation. Creation and evolution don't have to be mutually exclusive.

As for how he could create something he is not pleased with? Perhaps he can see all possible outcomes, but does not necessarily know exactly what will happen, as we have free will. Also, consider a parent and child relationship. Parents are happy when they have children, but not so happy when the child does something bad. Parents know those moments will come, but hope that they won't be too bad or too frequent.
11 hours ago · Like
Heather Adam...I could argue with you about everything you have to say - but I won't. It appears to me that your mind is already made up as to what you wish to believe - as is mine. But I know this: The peace in my heart is real, as is the One who whispered to my heart that He cherishes me. I believe this with all my heart. And from where I stand - I have nothing to lose and everything to gain!!! I only have one question: If you are wrong, what do you have to lose?
11 hours ago · Like
Adam I have a good answer too the "What if I am wrong."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mmskXXetcg
11 hours ago · Like
Heather That still doesn't answer what you have to lose...
9 hours ago · Like
Nels I think the point is that with so many different religions, what if one of the others is the "right" one, or perhaps none are. Then you have chosen wrong. However, if you feel you gain more from being part of it than not, then you haven't really lost anything. Some people probably feel that they would lose something.
9 hours ago · Like
Adam I don't lose anything because there is nothing.
9 hours ago · Like
Josh ‎@Nels: As is always the case when there are competing theories or explanations, it is necessary to examine all the probable ones and determine which is most likely. After much personal study I am confident that Christianity is far more likely than all of the other options (including Atheism) for historical, scientific, and philosophical reasons.
3 hours ago · Like
Josh Just watched Dawkins video. See comment to Nels above. Dawkins obscure the issue by insinuting that since there are so many different theories about God none of them can be true.

Rubbish.

There are many different theories about the origins of the cosmos. Does that mean none of them are true? You need to find the most probable (which for my money are Christianity, Deism, and Atheism) and determine which is most probable.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2011, 01:48 AM
RE: I think I made the natives angry
I am sorry you have to deal with these people. I hate it when intelligent people become so thoroughly brainwashed that they sound like hobgoblins trying to eat soup with a fork when they talk about religion or science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply