I think I mean to join the military.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2012, 06:08 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2012 06:15 AM by TheArcticSage.)
I think I mean to join the military.
Before any of you start, I'm a realist not a moralist.

I was born to serve in the military. Ever since I was small, I've always had plans for joining the military. It became so much a part of my future that I made no plan for any other field. When I was turned down, it became a huge blow to me. I thought I'd try again later. But then I became a conspiracy theorist and kind of blew my expectations to hell.

Thinking it over now, I wonder what choice I would have otherwise. There are very few jobs where I live that would suit my needs. I do not relish the thought of being a fast food employer, or a cashier at some godforsaken grocery store where I deal with customers who are two steps away from being full blown retarded. At least the military has slightly more intelligent people in it.

What brought me up to make part of my life to join the military? Well my father was in the Army, and his father before him, and his father before him, and most likely hist father before him. Don't know. My knowledge of my family tree does not extend beyond my great grandfathers, and great grandmothers. I tried joining the Marines before. I think I'll try for the Army this time.

I might also add that I'm somewhat of an opportunist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2012, 06:31 AM
RE: I think I mean to join the military.
Sure the offer of a trade is appealing but you would become a teeny cog in the war machine...... a number..... enforcing decisions of sociopaths.

Ultimatly contributing in/directly to death Shocking

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
28-05-2012, 06:35 AM
(28-05-2012 06:31 AM)bemore Wrote:  Sure the offer of a trade is appealing but you would become a teeny cog in the war machine...... a number..... enforcing decisions of sociopaths.

Ultimatly contributing in/directly to death Shocking
And I'll gain valuable skills in combat should it come to that.
28-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Well its your life my friend...... I wouldnt join personally but I can see why people would.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
28-05-2012, 06:49 AM
(28-05-2012 06:41 AM)bemore Wrote:  Well its your life my friend...... I wouldnt join personally but I can see why people would.
There are things one must do out of necessity rather than by choice.
28-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Didn't know you were so keen on joining World War III

Good luck Big Grin

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
28-05-2012, 08:22 AM
If it makes you happy, you should do it.

I think you can do a lot more than work a grocery store or flip burgers though, should it not work out. You have an interest in history, why not go back to school?

Good Luck!

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
28-05-2012, 08:31 AM
My son ships off to basic today. The Mrs and I are nervous/happy/scared/excited. It's what he really wants to do and we know he'll be good at it. There are so many other things the military does besides war. The Army's good for job training if you can get an MOS that can easily crossover into the public sector i.e. driving or fixing tanks aren't of much use on the outside. Be sure to look up your local chapter of M.A.S.H. (Military Atheists and Secular Humanists) and remember, there ARE atheists in foxholes Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
28-05-2012, 08:41 AM
(28-05-2012 08:22 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  If it makes you happy, you should do it.

I think you can do a lot more than work a grocery store or flip burgers though, should it not work out. You have an interest in history, why not go back to school?

Good Luck!
Joining the military brings me no joy. It's a means to an end, and nothing more. I would not join for glory, honor, or country. But I would join for discipline, experience, and money. Most importantly, I join for my future.
28-05-2012, 08:44 AM
1. You won't last a month.

2. Why is that your only option ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post