I think I went a little overboard...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: I think I went a little overboard...
Being atheist and having a potty mouth don't necessarily go hand in hand. Most people will tolerate the odd profane word, but shrink away when it's used liberally.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Takelababy's post
27-02-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: I think I went a little overboard...
I can understand letting a goddamn loose (also one of my personal favorite expletives) in a heated moment, sometimes it happens. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you find yourself doing it repeatedly.

Now, on to someone objecting because it offends their delicate religious sensibilities.
The idea that a religious belief somehow carries more weight than any other belief, to me, is ridiculous.
In my opinion, breaking this percieved untouchability (is that a word?) is high on the things-to-do- list. When we give these beliefs a pass it only reinforces their standing as something that isn't a fairytale.
Here in the US, that kind of pass gets your church off the hook for things like paying taxes.
It also opens the door for people to think it is acceptable for something like I.D. to be taught in public schools.
In a science class no less!
Apologize for the swearing, but not for offending god.
You can be respectful of a person without being respectful of their crazy beliefs.

Sorry, I went off on a little rant there. Blush
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post