I think it's confirmed by now...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: I think it's confirmed by now...
(29-06-2012 08:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Satan doesn't want more atheists for without god he/she/it would not exist.
Where did you hear this from?

If God does exist, the entire world becoming Atheists would not halt His existence.

If you believe otherwise, please explain -

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2012, 09:25 PM
(29-06-2012 09:16 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(29-06-2012 08:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Satan doesn't want more atheists for without god he/she/it would not exist.
Where did you hear this from?

If God does exist, the entire world becoming Atheists would not halt His existence.

I meant that if everyone on the planet was atheist then god, satan et al would cease to exist given that these are merely constructs of the human mind.
By extension, if that were the case, no one would be an "a"theist because there would be no supernatural entity to be "a" about.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-06-2012, 09:47 PM
If about 99,000,000,000 people have died since the beginning of man kind, you think at least one spirit would tell everybody there is an after life.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
29-06-2012, 10:19 PM
(29-06-2012 09:25 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-06-2012 09:16 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Where did you hear this from?

I meant that if everyone on the planet was atheist then god, satan et al would cease to exist given that these are merely constructs of the human mind.
By extension, if that were the case, no one would be an "a"theist because there would be no supernatural entity to be "a" about.
When I made the statement "If God does exist", that means I'm setting up the premise for the statement immediately following it.

In other words, "If God does exist" means, hypothetically or something to that effect.

So I'll ask the question again; hypothetically If God does exist, people disbelieving in His existence would not take away His existence.
We can drag this logic into the natural realm with ease. Example; The planet Venus exists, but if not one person believed in it's existence, it would continue to exist within the natural realm without any real problems given it's not destroyed by some massive meteor or Nova.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
29-06-2012, 11:18 PM
So where are you going with this? Are you saying that the supernatural is not a construct of the human mind? If so, please provide evidence.

30-06-2012, 01:38 AM
(28-06-2012 06:47 PM)Noelani Wrote:  It's been six months since Christopher Hitchens passed away and we have yet to hear from him, whether he is in heaven or hell. Since no one and no thing could ever shut him up, I think it's safe to say neither heaven nor hell exist.

Dunno 'bout that. Got an itch in my ear the other night which implanted the earworm “Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.” and I couldn't get to sleep.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Man I miss CH, he had a awesome voice and he was such a good debator.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
01-07-2012, 02:57 PM
His soul is still in purgatory.
01-07-2012, 03:16 PM
A "God" is a construct of the human mind, but I'll kick my ball into play...

(29-06-2012 10:19 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  hypothetically If God does exist, people disbelieving in His existence would not take away His existence.

Hypothetically if a "God" does exist... either it would think I am irrelevant... or I would think it irrelevant... more than likely, both. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
01-07-2012, 04:39 PM
(01-07-2012 03:16 PM)kim Wrote:  A "God" is a construct of the human mind, but I'll kick my ball into play...

(29-06-2012 10:19 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  hypothetically If God does exist, people disbelieving in His existence would not take away His existence.

Hypothetically if a "God" does exist... either it would think I am irrelevant... or I would think it irrelevant... more than likely, both. Wink

Nice.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.