I think therefore I am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 01:43 AM
RE: I think therefore I am
@donotwant: Now since you brought "imagination", then what would be your definition for imagination? Is it recollection of past experiences in some place of brain or is it an spontaneous reaction to an action that takes place somewhere in brain? Can one imagine something that one has never experienced before? And can something exist in imagination which itself has no physical manifestation?
Now what if I see a message written on white paper with white ink then I would see the message but, it would not exist for me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Menhit's post
01-03-2014, 01:45 AM
(01-03-2014 01:43 AM)Menhit Wrote:  @donotwant: Now since you brought "imagination", then what would be your definition for imagination? Is it recollection of past experiences in some place of brain or is it an spontaneous reaction to an action that takes place somewhere in brain? Can one imagine something that one has never experienced before? And can something exist in imagination which itself has no physical manifestation?

Is there a difference for you between experiencing something and not experiencing something? Is there a difference?
01-03-2014, 01:53 AM
@donotwant: Difference between experience (perception) and non-experience (non-perception) is very relative. For example, distance between two eyes can be either neglible (or even null) or infinitesimally big depending upon the unit you choose to measure the distance between two eyes.
01-03-2014, 01:55 AM
(01-03-2014 01:53 AM)Menhit Wrote:  @donotwant: Difference between experience (perception) and non-experience (non-perception) is very relative. For example, distance between two eyes can be either neglible (or even null) or infinitesimally big depending upon the unit you choose to measure the distance between two eyes.

Is there a difference for you between reading this message and not reading this message?
01-03-2014, 02:02 AM
^the difference can exist or not exist depending upon the time limit that I would consider in order to observe any difference.
01-03-2014, 02:03 AM
(01-03-2014 02:02 AM)Menhit Wrote:  ^the difference can exist or not exist depending upon the time limit that I would consider in order to observe any difference.

Did you understand what you just said?
01-03-2014, 02:15 AM
^Yes and No both depending upon what you meant to say.
See, let me put the gist of what I mean on this topic: To me everything is relative and that includes existence too. A thing "can exist" and "cannot exist" at the same time. What I mean to say is very much similar to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle that is basically for very small sub-atomic particles but, our existence or non-existence can also be viewed from such point of view.
01-03-2014, 02:18 AM
(01-03-2014 02:15 AM)Menhit Wrote:  ^Yes and No both depending upon what you meant to say.
See, let me put the gist of what I mean on this topic: To me everything is relative and that includes existence too. A thing can exist and cannot exist at the same time. What I mean to say is very much similar to Heisenberg's uncertainty principle that is basically for very small sub-atomic particles but, our existence or non-existence can also be viewed from such point of view.

Menhit do you fly in a helicopter right now?
03-03-2014, 06:49 AM
To me, it's a wash. Even if this world, including this forum and all its comments, the rain and clouds and sunshine and the floor I walk on are figments of my imagination, along with myself, I still want to have a good experience and be good in this, whatever it is...
03-03-2014, 09:34 AM
(03-03-2014 06:49 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  To me, it's a wash. Even if this world, including this forum and all its comments, the rain and clouds and sunshine and the floor I walk on are figments of my imagination, along with myself, I still want to have a good experience and be good in this, whatever it is...

The question is if you exist not the world around you.