I think we fucked up bad.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I think we fucked up bad.
I can't say where this is coming from, but I think we have really fucked up. Or at least the higher governments have fucked up so badly that I can't say we'll still be around in 2050.

The government was given a chance to prove themselves and this species, but instead they hoarded and acted violently, even to the people of earth, hoping to prove themselves superior. But it's over now and they have failed for us. Their inability to see technology and the natural world as one and the same and their inability to listen without taking has given reason for us to be removed, if only to erase the greedy and the ignorant.

Instead of knowledge and advancement all they have achieved is abuse and death.

Vele
- CLB

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2011, 09:01 AM
RE: I think we fucked up bad.
Have no fear, the Rapture is near! Oh, right, you're an atheist... Tongue

Yeah, I know what you're feeling. It quite inconceivable to see the world going to hell with deforestation, pollution, religious war, extreme capitalism...
This could be such a nice place if everyone were fair, rational and kind.

I hope we see all see the light one day. Not the light of heavens, but of reason.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
06-05-2011, 11:42 PM
The Kepler brings hope.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
07-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Yeah , I've always thought that the Western world in particular has been allowing its governments to run unchecked. And there usually are consequences.
I'm really worried what would happen if a country like PRC gets global economic power , our governments are bad , but not THAT bad in regards to how they treat people.

@Thammuz
Well , I don't think the monopoly of certain corporations dominating trade can be called extreme capitalism , quite the opposite of capitalism.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
09-05-2011, 01:35 AM
(07-05-2011 10:52 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  @Thammuz
Well , I don't think the monopoly of certain corporations dominating trade can be called extreme capitalism , quite the opposite of capitalism.

Aren't those corporations a result of capitalism? Forming alliances and building corporations lowers the costs, gives more power to negotiations (and allows price agreements).

But you're right, it's not what the original capitalism was about: chances for everyone to make their own fortune, without governments controlling everything. I maybe should have opted for another term.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
09-05-2011, 11:06 AM
I am going to ask some critical questions here...

What do you guys base your opinion on?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
09-05-2011, 08:31 PM

*Looks to the sky* Hey up there! If there really is something listening and earth is on your dance card come May 21st, (points to Cetaceaphile) take Dolphin boy and surprise hell out of all of us! Tongue

Seriously though, you speak as if the history of the human animal was at one time Nirvana and as we evolved, and especially after the iron age, we lost perspective.
Wrong! At the inception of the human species, when we had sense enough to participate in survival of the fittest, we were savage. We've been selfish and self-serving ever since. Our global and social and technological evolutions have simply given us more dominion than we enjoyed previously. We have always thought this world was all about us. And everything in it serves that end. Always!

It's why we have nations, government, secularism, sectarianism, racism, and phobias of all kind, as means of saying one kind of us is right and acceptable, and one kind is not.

Now that we have higher fangled toys, we're going to have more to do with getting our way. We've never cherished the environment, as a species. We've never cherished one another either.

And while I know there's that nifty slogan out there that reads, we don't own the future we borrow it from our children, if that were indeed true and we knew it thousands of years before it was able to be screen printed on a shirt and sold for $40.00, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
Not even the people, what whites in America call, "Indians" knew that! Though it seems chic to think they did. Black Elk would be surprised if he was respected as much when he was alive, as he's pimped in quotes and retail today. Truth is, the people weren't respecters of each other or land either. It was and remains even in the 21st century and the age of satellites and high technology, a matter of the primitive; hunting ground.

Always has been. We know more, so we can have more. If you worry about what we the global community of people are doing to destroy our planet in fifty years from now, the only thing you'll stand to affect is your state of mind.

Rather, think of embracing that other slogan. Think globally and act locally.
All you can do, all you're able to truly effect, is your personal choice and your personal place in this world. Do what you think everyone else needs to in order to survive into the future 4 or 5 decades from now. Live your preaching! It's all you can do. It's rather optimistic in the first place to think you'll live to see 2050. Think now. Because on a planet of nearly 7 billion individuals, you're outnumbered thinking the rest of the world is doomed, based on your personal opinion.
Truth is, the world was doomed when the first upright predator made fire and sharpened a flint.
That's a lot of history to overcome, when since then we've always lived looking out for number one.

Besides, this planet is older than we are. Extinct species lists prove, we only think we have dominion. When she's had enough, we're finished.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GassyKitten's post
10-05-2011, 06:15 AM

Turn it Off!

HaHa (It's one of the songs from Book of Mormon)!

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/09/136054170/...c=fb&cc=fp
Quote this message in a reply