I think we need a break

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2015, 02:49 PM
RE: I think we need a break
There's a new Star Wars movie? I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails. Girl_nails

Those movies bore the hell outta me. But hey, you guys have fun watching them. I'll pass, thank you very much.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Space... it seems to go on and on forever, and then you realize you're jam packed in a tight quartered room next to sticky hands mcgees all around you coughing and cheering at little muppets.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-12-2015, 03:24 PM
I don't understand the concern about "spoilers". This is a movie that has good guys, bad guys, explosions and space ships, and a good guy victory at the end but the bad guys not so thoroughly vanquished they can't re-emerge in a sequel. Beyond that it's CGI landscapes, picturesque facial expressions and clever but banal dialogue. There's nothing to spoil.

But I shouldn't complain. While the hordes are crowding the Star Wars seats I'll be over watching The Big Short in comfort, the theater all to myself, engrossed in a story I haven't seen from every angle, sans tiresome pyrotechnic explosions and all the other colorful meaningless sturm und drang that substitutes for story.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
17-12-2015, 03:31 PM
The wife and I passed up a chance for free tickets via AARP. If we see it at all, it'll be on cable where it'll cost $6, and we can pause it for kitchen and potty breaks.
17-12-2015, 03:36 PM
(17-12-2015 03:24 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  I don't understand the concern about "spoilers". This is a movie that has good guys, bad guys, explosions and space ships, and a good guy victory at the end but the bad guys not so thoroughly vanquished they can't re-emerge in a sequel. Beyond that it's CGI landscapes, picturesque facial expressions and clever but banal dialogue. There's nothing to spoil.

But I shouldn't complain. While the hordes are crowding the Star Wars seats I'll be over watching The Big Short in comfort, the theater all to myself, engrossed in a story I haven't seen from every angle, sans tiresome pyrotechnic explosions and all the other colorful meaningless sturm und drang that substitutes for story.

There will be two of us in the theatre, I'd like to see The Big Short too along with Spotlight, the movie about the Catholic molesting scandal.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
17-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Spoiler alert:

There will be lots of cool sound and visual effects. There will be lots of references to the middle three movies. There will be lots of JJ Abrahms' strong female characters and a smattering of minority looking characters. There will be lots of JJ Abrahms' light flares. The Good Side of the Force will look to be losing to the Dark Side by the end of the cliffhanger movie, to be picked up again in Episode VIII. You will wish you didn't order the extra large tub of popcorn.

Sorry in advance if this spoils your experience.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
17-12-2015, 05:07 PM
(17-12-2015 02:49 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There's a new Star Wars movie? I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails. Girl_nails

Those movies bore the hell outta me. But hey, you guys have fun watching them. I'll pass, thank you very much.

Agreed....I saw the first one - or whateverthehell the number is when it first came out. It was my first night out after having my oldest. It was cool with what was, at the time, groundbreaking special effects.

I have seen parts of a couple of the others. Not my thing.

Ya'll enjoy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post