I thought you Atheists might be bored

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2012, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 07:55 PM by gdemoss.)
RE: I thought you Atheists might be bored
(28-04-2012 07:50 PM)lightninlives Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:42 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I am one of the biggest schmucks who ever lived and am not deserving of anything but death, so I guess I fit the mold.

Gary
Hey Gary. It's sad that you hold such a negative self-image, and I often wonder if this lack of self-esteem is one of the prerequisites for religious indoctrination.

Always up for chatting one one one if you're interested. Would be awesome if we could get you to a point where you hold yourself in higher esteem. Then, at that point, we could perhaps go over some of the fundamental reasons why you believe in this particular Christian god concept.
I am not interested in being converted to Atheism. I don't perceive myself to be a complete schmuck now but rather have a good self image because I follow Christ. It is what I was without him. I can't take credit for the person that I have become since I began understanding true goodness from God himself.

Thanks for offering though.

Gary

(28-04-2012 07:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dude. I'm a prophet. I don't give a fuck whether you say "true prophet, false prophet, ignore prophet," or whackjob. You need some of that attitude. Thumbsup

Prophecy ain't got nuttin to do with predicting the future, predicting the future ain't no kind of empirical evidence, and you're breathing life into fictional characters. There ain't no date, there's cycles; tribulation occurs at the ends of these cycles. And all that'll ever be is approximation. If you said DC was gonna be nuked on June fifteenth, and it was, history would not record that fact unless it suited the needs of those who write the history. That's a n00b mistake. Wink
I understand. I see your one who will just proclaim a 'cycle' has taken place and will give God no glory ever. What can I say? There is no refuting that. Eat, drink and be merry. Wink

Gary
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2012, 07:56 PM
(28-04-2012 07:53 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:50 PM)lightninlives Wrote:  Hey Gary. It's sad that you hold such a negative self-image, and I often wonder if this lack of self-esteem is one of the prerequisites for religious indoctrination.

Always up for chatting one one one if you're interested. Would be awesome if we could get you to a point where you hold yourself in higher esteem. Then, at that point, we could perhaps go over some of the fundamental reasons why you believe in this particular Christian god concept.
I am not interested in being converted to Atheism. I don't perceive myself to be a complete schmuck now but rather have a good self image because I follow Christ. It is what I was without him. I can't take credit for the person that I have become since I began understanding true goodness from God himself.

Gary
This is what I truly love about religion.

You either believe or you're hell on earth douche. And that people who didn't believe who do believe now were 'shmucks'. Keeps them in the religion I suppose if they believe they were nothing without Christ.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-04-2012, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 08:00 PM by gdemoss.)
(28-04-2012 07:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So you're so special that you have been guided to the date of the rapture and so the first thing you do with this new found knowledge is post on an Atheist forum??

wheres my troll video when you need it...

ah here it is!

Of course I didn't think of you guys first. And I don't have a date of any rapture as that is theology for disobedient Christians to believe in so that they are surprised when the world goes to hell around them.

Gary

(28-04-2012 07:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:53 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I am not interested in being converted to Atheism. I don't perceive myself to be a complete schmuck now but rather have a good self image because I follow Christ. It is what I was without him. I can't take credit for the person that I have become since I began understanding true goodness from God himself.

Gary
This is what I truly love about religion.

You either believe or you're hell on earth douche. And that people who didn't believe who do believe now were 'shmucks'. Keeps them in the religion I suppose if they believe they were nothing without Christ.
What keeps me in the 'religion' is the fact that it is the truth. The right way to be. The right thing to do. How could I turn away from that which is true? I look at Jesus and see the way every person on the planet ought to be. You don't agree and I understand that.

Gary
28-04-2012, 08:02 PM
(28-04-2012 07:58 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So you're so special that you have been guided to the date of the rapture and so the first thing you do with this new found knowledge is post on an Atheist forum??

wheres my troll video when you need it...

ah here it is!

Of course I didn't think of you guys first. And I don't have a date of any rapture as that is theology for disobedient Christians to believe in so that they are surprised when the world goes to hell around them.

Gary

(28-04-2012 07:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is what I truly love about religion.

What keeps me in the 'religion' is the fact that it is the truth. The right way to be. The right thing to do. How could I turn away from that which is true? I look at Jesus and see the way every person on the planet ought to be. You don't agree and I understand that.

Gary
And it's the truth why? Please, enlighten me.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
28-04-2012, 08:13 PM
(28-04-2012 08:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:58 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Of course I didn't think of you guys first. And I don't have a date of any rapture as that is theology for disobedient Christians to believe in so that they are surprised when the world goes to hell around them.

Gary

Gary
And it's the truth why? Please, enlighten me.
Not as you understand truth of course. My position must be that there is a God, because I am a theist, and therefore he is truth and all else that opposes is error. I know, you want proof, and this I testify is coming shortly in the form of a period of tribulation where all of those pesky theists are going to be dealt with by Satan and the atheist who hate them will rejoice. I prefer Jesus and his teaching on morality and way of life. If only the whole world would agree then this would be a perfect place to live. I know, you don't agree. If you did you would follow him.

Gary
28-04-2012, 08:23 PM
(28-04-2012 07:53 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I understand. I see your one who will just proclaim a 'cycle' has taken place and will give God no glory ever.

You're a silly. When I say - I love my Gwynnies! - that's giving glory to god. I thought you were a prophet now. Don't hafta be brownnosin' all time. Big Grin

Besides, there's glory and then there's glory. Kind god likes, is the quiet kind. Didn't you read that book? Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-04-2012, 08:25 PM
(28-04-2012 07:53 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:50 PM)lightninlives Wrote:  Hey Gary. It's sad that you hold such a negative self-image, and I often wonder if this lack of self-esteem is one of the prerequisites for religious indoctrination.

Gary
I wasn't necessarily referring to converting you to atheism. I'm much more interested in helping you with your self-esteem issues as well as helping you adopt a more skeptical approach to evaluating your own thoughts.

For example, have you ever stopped to think that you are using this Christ/God idea as a subconscious proxy to help you improve your life's standing?

In other words, have you ever, even for a moment, considered that it was actually you (e.g. Gary) that made the changes in your behavior patterns (not Christ, God, etc.) and that you simply used this god concept as an imaginary friend of sorts that helped motivate your change in behavior?

Moreover, have you ever considered the mathematical probability that you could have changed your behavior, and indeed your life, the way you have even if you hadn't stumbled upon Christianity?

For example, if you lived in the Middle East, perhaps you would have stumbled upon Islam and would have used Muhammad and Allah as your proxies?

Or, if you lived in this tribe, which literally didn't have a word for god in their vocabulary , you would have used a completely secular method of changing your behavior?

Just some thoughts worth pondering in my opinion.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
[+] 2 users Like lightninlives's post
28-04-2012, 08:31 PM
(28-04-2012 07:47 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:44 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  So you're just setting the date for the rapture?
That's still date setting because if you're a Pre-tribber then you only have to add 7 years to know when the final trump will sound.
No. There is no pretrib rapture. Those who believe such a thing are deceived. See 2 Thes 2 to understand why. Most of the church is going into the tribulation.
I didn't believe in a pre-trib rapture either.
Then, what was your point about Christians disappearing? Or did I misunderstand the op?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-04-2012, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 08:37 PM by gdemoss.)
(28-04-2012 08:23 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:53 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I understand. I see your one who will just proclaim a 'cycle' has taken place and will give God no glory ever.

You're a silly. When I say - I love my Gwynnies! - that's giving glory to god. I thought you were a prophet now. Don't hafta be brownnosin' all time. Big Grin

Besides, there's glory and then there's glory. Kind god likes, is the quiet kind. Didn't you read that book? Wink
I was on the Gwynnies bandwagon for years...but I got over her.

Big Grin

(28-04-2012 08:25 PM)lightninlives Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:53 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I am not interested in being converted to Atheism. I don't perceive myself to be a complete schmuck now but rather have a good self image because I follow Christ. It is what I was without him. I can't take credit for the person that I have become since I began understanding true goodness from God himself.

Gary
I wasn't necessarily referring to converting you to atheism. I'm much more interested in helping you with your self-esteem issues as well as helping you adopt a more skeptical approach to evaluating your own thoughts.

For example, have you ever stopped to think that you are using this Christ/God idea as a subconscious proxy to help you improve your life's standing?

In other words, have you ever, even for a moment, considered that it was actually you (e.g. Gary) that made the changes in your behavior patterns (not Christ, God, etc.) and that you simply used this god concept as an imaginary friend of sorts that helped motivate your change in behavior?

Moreover, have you ever considered the mathematical probability that you could have changed your behavior, and indeed your life, the way you have even if you hadn't stumbled upon Christianity?

For example, if you lived in the Middle East, perhaps you would have stumbled upon Islam and would have used Muhammad and Allah as your proxies?

Or, if you lived in this tribe, which literally didn't have a word for god in their vocabulary , you would have used a completely secular method of changing your behavior?

Just some thoughts worth pondering in my opinion.
Have I consider these things? Absolutely. Do I consider them truth. Nope.

Gary
(28-04-2012 08:31 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:47 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  No. There is no pretrib rapture. Those who believe such a thing are deceived. See 2 Thes 2 to understand why. Most of the church is going into the tribulation.
I didn't believe in a pre-trib rapture either.
Then, what was your point about Christians disappearing? Or did I misunderstand the op?
I may not have worded myself to well and have come off seeming to support that kind of theory. Sorry about that. There is one group of Christians that is going to be kept out of the tribulation but I don't see any rapture involved in it. I actually see quick death as the most likely case based on one of the last kings of Judah who realized it was too late for Israel but turned to God anyway and God had him shot through with an arrow rather than sent into captivity as well as Isaiah 57:1 that speaks of killing em off before bringing evil upon others.

Gary
28-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Do you convert to atheism?

I thought conversion went the other way or from one religion to another, as atheism isn’t a faith you don’t really convert do you?

More “I have become enlightened by atheism, I now know it was all just a laugh that got way out of hand.”

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Karl's post