I thought you Atheists might be bored

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2012, 08:46 PM
RE: I thought you Atheists might be bored
(28-04-2012 08:32 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I was on the Gwynnies bandwagon for years...but I got over her.

Big Grin

Then you're a better prophet than I am. Big Grin

I'm stuck with her. The LC (a.k.a God, Allah, YHWH, etc) is too vast a concept not to have some grounding. That's what "Jesus" is all about. Wink

Reading these replies, I get to question my own preconceptions; like how "follow Jesus" induces the automatic "hell no." Tongue

My advice to you - which you'll get a lot of around here - is question everything; yourself and your motives most of all. God ain't gonna think less of ya because of it.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
28-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Well, I don't have time to read this properly now. I'll be looking at it tomorrow. The logic seems interesting, but it jumps around too much to follow when you don't have time to read properly.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
28-04-2012, 08:53 PM
(28-04-2012 08:32 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I may not have worded myself to well and have come off seeming to support that kind of theory. Sorry about that. There is one group of Christians that is going to be kept out of the tribulation but I don't see any rapture involved in it. I actually see quick death as the most likely case based on one of the last kings of Judah who realized it was too late for Israel but turned to God anyway and God had him shot through with an arrow rather than sent into captivity as well as Isaiah 57:1 that speaks of killing em off before bringing evil upon others.

Gary
I see even less Biblical support for this than I do for even the rapture.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
28-04-2012, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 09:31 PM by ShirubaDangan.)

The problem simply is that you unfortunately attribute good to your life to something that isn't there. I believe its fine if you try to find a date to the end time but using a flawed book that is supposed to tell a story is not the right way to predict anything. The question I ask you is to firmly place that date and when it eventually passes by to question such a being and not fool yourself that God simply just didn't do it just to screw with you. Also, please don't be like Camping and gain ridiculous donations which idiotic people shoved upon him because they believed the world was ending and no evidence whatsoever revealed such an event would happen.

I'm sorry that you see this way but if it makes you happy I approve. I just warn you that following something like this and seeking an answer which will never come to fruition should be a bit saddening. Just remember to question the day after and we will be waiting right here. Laughing and making jokes about another apocalypse that never came to be.

Also I believe this video to be evidence of Zeus. I'm joking of course but it is funny nonetheless.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
28-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Dangan, ya gotta delete the spaces for the youtube to youtube properly. That's an editor fuckup. Wink (never mind Big Grin )

Donations... that's the work of Satan... Satan... Satan... Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
28-04-2012, 09:04 PM
(28-04-2012 08:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 08:32 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I was on the Gwynnies bandwagon for years...but I got over her.

Big Grin

Then you're a better prophet than I am. Big Grin

I'm stuck with her. The LC (a.k.a God, Allah, YHWH, etc) is too vast a concept not to have some grounding. That's what "Jesus" is all about. Wink

Reading these replies, I get to question my own preconceptions; like how "follow Jesus" induces the automatic "hell no." Tongue

My advice to you - which you'll get a lot of around here - is question everything; yourself and your motives most of all. God ain't gonna think less of ya because of it.
Amen, and I do take the advice to question everything. Do you take that advice yourself? When I had to question the possibility of the spiritual realm and its existence though I couldn't measure it by carnal means, I had to concede to the fact that it might exist and left it as an open possibility.

My motives, yes, I must question them. Always. They are particularly important to the God I serve. He himself expressly demands that I question my motives. He says that if my motive isn't love it is wrong. So I question what in Gods name is my motive for coming to an atheist forum and sharing my belief that the world is about to take a turn into a new age? If I am right, I simply want everyone to have had an equal opportunity to weigh out the evidence for themselves and make a decision about what is going on around them.

It is going to turn a few heads when God stops protecting those whom he has been protecting for so long though they be disobedient to him. When they are systematically removed from the front and center positions they once held. When every ounce of goodwill they once possessed is seemingly gone and they are killing each other over a piece of bread.

My problem isn't the lack of physical evidence to support spiritual things as I understand there can be no such thing. My problem is that I followed the instructions in the book and it proved to work flawlessly in my life as I submitted myself to its claims. The truth is that I admit that I have been 'brainwashed' so to speak by the bible. I believe I see things much clearer than ever before and have a understanding of why things are the way they are and what I can expect to see happen as a natural outcome of those things.

I simply live my life as if the God of the bible exists as he has revealed himself within the book and my results continue to be just as the book says they will be though it have been written over 1500 years by over 40 different authors, it somehow predicts it all for me. I attribute that to believing what was written that said Gods Holy Spirit moved the men of old as they spake while a scribe wrote down the words.

As far as atheism goes, I am a hopeless case. I will never believe God doesn't exist. I have seen to much.

Take care,

Gary
28-04-2012, 09:06 PM
(28-04-2012 07:25 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  So who wants to be the first to tell me just how stupid I really am for believing all of this to be absolutely true? I will answer any serious inquiries into what I have proposed. I will ignore all ignorant responses and understand that sometimes you just need to spout off.

Stupid? Hardly. It's human nature to want to be a witness to a secret event, or to hold special knowledge, or to be part of an exclusive club (such as a religion). And to look down on you would be extremely hypocritical.

Remember the Y2K craze? I was a Christian back in those days, and my family listened to a radio program hosted by Chuck Missler. He kept providing us with all this evidence that Y2K was real and that we had to be prepared. And so we were. Because that was 12 years ago, you know how that played out --- it turned out that Y2K was overblown, and it didn't cause the worldwide breakdown that had been predicted.

Like so many who had invested very little in it, I was able to walk away with my pride intact. My parents had gone as far as stockpiling and preaching to their friends that the end was near, so they had a much greater need for cognitive dissonance. They proposed that their efforts, along with people like Chuck Missler, had actually prevented disaster. Since then, they also believed that the rapture would happen 2 years ago during Passover and now they believe that it'll happen in December of this year, both predictions prompted by Chuck Missler (who, for some reason, has not lost his credibility over these failures). I doubt they'll learn much if this new prediction turns out to be wrong, because if they learned from failed predictions then they wouldn't have believed any of them --- doomsday predictions have a 100% failure rate so far, despite a high number of them.

Again, I'm not innocent. I believed it wholeheartedly. I wrote a college paper on Y2K concluding from the "evidence" that it would be a disaster. I even directly interviewed a programmer for the US Navy who told me that the date wasn't included anywhere in the programming of missile launchers, and despite his expertise I still disagreed with him. I'm human, and I make mistakes. I may even make some in the future. I hope not, though, because the evidence shows that it's just a trail that will lead me to rationalize my misguided actions when it turns out that I was wrong.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
28-04-2012, 09:08 PM
(28-04-2012 08:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 08:32 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I may not have worded myself to well and have come off seeming to support that kind of theory. Sorry about that. There is one group of Christians that is going to be kept out of the tribulation but I don't see any rapture involved in it. I actually see quick death as the most likely case based on one of the last kings of Judah who realized it was too late for Israel but turned to God anyway and God had him shot through with an arrow rather than sent into captivity as well as Isaiah 57:1 that speaks of killing em off before bringing evil upon others.

Gary
I see even less Biblical support for this than I do for even the rapture.
Should I expect you to see biblical evidence to support anything true? Only those who are obedient to the Word of God receive more. You know this as you were a preacher before, right? Or maybe you were one who didn't subscribe to that teaching where in Mark 4 Jesus revealed the truth about the measure you hear being directly associated to the measure you receive.

Gary
28-04-2012, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 04:50 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-04-2012 07:25 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  For those of you who live in America: I suggest you get packing and ready to evacuate quickly. Mystery whore Babylon aka America is going to be judged in one hours time (nuclear).

Great. Post your address, and we'll live in your house when YOU leave. Smile
Seriously ? .... Seriously ? That is a joke, right ?
I dare ya to go post this shit on a christian site.
A prophet is a "mouthpiece", not a fortune teller. That theology is from Hollywood. Prophets are advocates. They "speak truth to power". The "telling the future" thing is a popular myth.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
28-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Im seriously considering getting a tablet. Is it working now? Anyone know the problem? I may try sacrificing a goat but looking for answers first like sensible people do.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?