I thought you Atheists might be bored

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2012, 09:14 PM
RE: I thought you Atheists might be bored
(28-04-2012 08:54 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  

The problem simply is that you unfortunately attribute good to your life to something that isn't there. I believe its fine if you try to find a date to the end time but using a flawed book that is supposed to tell a story is not the right way to predict anything. The question I ask you is to firmly place that date and when it eventually passes by to question such a being and not fool yourself that God simply just didn't do it just to screw with you. Also, please don't be like Camping and gain ridiculous donations which idiotic people shoved upon him because they believed the world was ending and no evidence whatsoever revealed such an event would happen.

I'm sorry that you see this way but if it makes you happy I approve. I just warn you that following something like this and seeking an answer which will never come to fruition should be a bit saddening. Just remember to question the day after and we will be waiting right here. Laughing and making jokes about another apocalypse that never came to be.

Also I believe this video to be evidence of Zeus. I'm joking of course but it is funny nonetheless.
I will do as you say and truly question everything I know about God if in fact it doesn't come to pass as I have suggested it will. There are a few small considerations that I have to make about exactly what is going to happen within the next 360 days or so though. The only prophesy that I claim is going to absolutely come to pass is that Ephraim or the gentile church will no longer be a people, or used by God for the purpose of spreading the gospel. What that looks like in reality is questionable. I believe it to mean that he will take his Holy Spirit away from them and leave them to their own destruction due to their own disobedience. I base this on his glory leaving the temple in the old testament. So I wonder if we won't see a huge rise in violent behavior as not known during recorded history. Either way I will be watching closely to understand what is unfolding before us.

Will you keep the same open mind as I and if what I say actually begins to unfold before our eyes, reconsider that I not just be a nutcase like Harold Camping?

Gary
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2012, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 04:58 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-04-2012 07:25 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  For those of you who live in America: I suggest you get packing and ready to evacuate quickly. Mystery whore Babylon aka America is going to be judged in one hours time (nuclear).

Great. Post your address and we'll live in your house when YOU leave. Smile
I dare ya to go post this shit on a christian site.
A prophet is a "mouthpiece", not a fortune teller. That theology is from Hollywood. Prophets are advocates. They "speak truth to power". The "telling the future" thing is a popular myth.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
28-04-2012, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 09:36 PM by gdemoss.)
(28-04-2012 09:06 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:25 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  So who wants to be the first to tell me just how stupid I really am for believing all of this to be absolutely true? I will answer any serious inquiries into what I have proposed. I will ignore all ignorant responses and understand that sometimes you just need to spout off.

Stupid? Hardly. It's human nature to want to be a witness to a secret event, or to hold special knowledge, or to be part of an exclusive club (such as a religion). And to look down on you would be extremely hypocritical.

Remember the Y2K craze? I was a Christian back in those days, and my family listened to a radio program hosted by Chuck Missler. He kept providing us with all this evidence that Y2K was real and that we had to be prepared. And so we were. Because that was 12 years ago, you know how that played out --- it turned out that Y2K was overblown, and it didn't cause the worldwide breakdown that had been predicted.

Like so many who had invested very little in it, I was able to walk away with my pride intact. My parents had gone as far as stockpiling and preaching to their friends that the end was near, so they had a much greater need for cognitive dissonance. They proposed that their efforts, along with people like Chuck Missler, had actually prevented disaster. Since then, they also believed that the rapture would happen 2 years ago during Passover and now they believe that it'll happen in December of this year, both predictions prompted by Chuck Missler (who, for some reason, has not lost his credibility over these failures). I doubt they'll learn much if this new prediction turns out to be wrong, because if they learned from failed predictions then they wouldn't have believed any of them --- doomsday predictions have a 100% failure rate so far, despite a high number of them.

Again, I'm not innocent. I believed it wholeheartedly. I wrote a college paper on Y2K concluding from the "evidence" that it would be a disaster. I even directly interviewed a programmer for the US Navy who told me that the date wasn't included anywhere in the programming of missile launchers, and despite his expertise I still disagreed with him. I'm human, and I make mistakes. I may even make some in the future. I hope not, though, because the evidence shows that it's just a trail that will lead me to rationalize my misguided actions when it turns out that I was wrong.
So here it is. You are correct. I am either right or wrong. I have committed myself and therefore will either be shown to be led away in overzealous error which will definitely cause me a need to re-evaluate Christianity as a whole or I will have been right.

I considered all of the recent failed attempts by people like Chuck Missler to predict these things and found a perfectly logical explanation for them. All of the hype from these things is causing everyone to relax a bit more each time one of them proves false.

I admit that I will be truly devastated if I belong to that category as I have devoted myself to the study of Gods word alone and the taking of the message that it contains to the world, fully believing every word of it to be true and working diligently to be absolutely obedient to every precept it contains. If God would allow me to be deceived though I worked diligently to serve him to my fullest capacity, how could I then continue to trust him with my well being?

If I be wrong about this, how could I trust even the smallest interpretation of scripture that I have to be accurate? For this to fall through would destroy everything that I have believed up to this point as I am completely convinced of its truth. It will be a grand fall. Unlike Chuck and Harold, I truly believe that I am searching the spirit of God within me to find these answers. For them to be wrong would destroy my whole theological understanding and leave me empty.

Gary
(28-04-2012 09:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 07:25 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  For those of you who live in America: I suggest you get packing and ready to evacuate quickly. Mystery whore Babylon aka America is going to be judged in one hours time (nuclear).

Great... ya hypocrite. Post your address, and we'll live in your house when YOU leave.
Seriously ? .... Seriously ? Is there a full moon or what ? That is a joke, right ?
I dare ya to go post this shit on a christian site.
No one could possibly be as bored as you obviously are. What did this take ? Like two hours ?
I prophesy, that without meds, you will be in a straight jacket when the end comes.
It would be really nice if you theists would take a course or two on your bible.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophet
Bible 101 : A prophet is a "mouthpiece", not a fortune teller. You get your theology from Hollywood. Prophets are advocates. They "speak truth to power". The "telling the future" thing is a popular myth.
Here's an analogy for ya. You are a pig, and Jeebus drove you over the cliff.
The Crimson worm. Holy fucking christ. Get some help. Be sure and come back in two years, and explain how you misread the worms.

In Jesus name.

Bucky

Weeping
I understand why you are so hateful toward me and what I believe. I wish you wouldn't be. I wish you wouldn't make accusations against others when you don't have the truth about them yourself. It hurts you in the end, your credibility and I don't want to see that.

Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

A prophet is a mouthpiece of God. Sometimes God uses that prophet to speak about future events. I don't really consider myself a prophet so much as I am merely interpreting what the prophet has already said will come to pass which isn't quite the same thing. If I were being given new information then I would consider myself a prophet. I merely consider myself a teacher of the word of God. A teacher only need be informed on how to interpret what is written.

Have a good night,

Gary
28-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Alright I fixed my post so for those that wish to watch the videos you can do so. Sorry for the inconvenience but if your God truly does exist than he should stand with evidence. Unfortunately, so far, it hasn't and even when the event does pass please don't try to use an excuse to justify why you were wrong. Simply put, you and your God were completely not different from the countless other men who did the same. It's fine though since every human has made mistakes throughout religion. I just don't choose to believe another lie so I know I'm a step closer in being right.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
28-04-2012, 09:52 PM
(28-04-2012 09:08 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Should I expect you to see biblical evidence to support anything true? Only those who are obedient to the Word of God receive more. You know this as you were a preacher before, right? Or maybe you were one who didn't subscribe to that teaching where in Mark 4 Jesus revealed the truth about the measure you hear being directly associated to the measure you receive.

Gary
Oh I'm quite aware of Mark 4. You would say my seed was planted in the thorns. (That sounds dirty and painful!) I should expect that you do believe you're receiving a special revelation because you were given a larger measure of something...but then why do you seem to be alone against the tide of plenty of other Bible teachers who make no such claims as you are making? Was your measure more than say, NT Wright, Ravi Zacharias, John Stott, Wayne Grudem, JP Moreland, DA Carson, etc etc etc? All evangelically conservative scholars and Bible commentators. I'll go out on a limb here and say that none of them believe that within the next year God is going to kill them (or any Christians) and start the Tribulation.

You shouldn't expect me to believe Biblical evidence, but I am questioning what IS your Biblical evidence for your suggestion that God is going to murder a handful of Christians before the Tribulation?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-04-2012, 09:55 PM
(28-04-2012 09:14 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 08:54 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  

The problem simply is that you unfortunately attribute good to your life to something that isn't there. I believe its fine if you try to find a date to the end time but using a flawed book that is supposed to tell a story is not the right way to predict anything. The question I ask you is to firmly place that date and when it eventually passes by to question such a being and not fool yourself that God simply just didn't do it just to screw with you. Also, please don't be like Camping and gain ridiculous donations which idiotic people shoved upon him because they believed the world was ending and no evidence whatsoever revealed such an event would happen.

I'm sorry that you see this way but if it makes you happy I approve. I just warn you that following something like this and seeking an answer which will never come to fruition should be a bit saddening. Just remember to question the day after and we will be waiting right here. Laughing and making jokes about another apocalypse that never came to be.

Also I believe this video to be evidence of Zeus. I'm joking of course but it is funny nonetheless.
I will do as you say and truly question everything I know about God if in fact it doesn't come to pass as I have suggested it will. There are a few small considerations that I have to make about exactly what is going to happen within the next 360 days or so though. The only prophesy that I claim is going to absolutely come to pass is that Ephraim or the gentile church will no longer be a people, or used by God for the purpose of spreading the gospel. What that looks like in reality is questionable. I believe it to mean that he will take his Holy Spirit away from them and leave them to their own destruction due to their own disobedience. I base this on his glory leaving the temple in the old testament. So I wonder if we won't see a huge rise in violent behavior as not known during recorded history. Either way I will be watching closely to understand what is unfolding before us.

Will you keep the same open mind as I and if what I say actually begins to unfold before our eyes, reconsider that I not just be a nutcase like Harold Camping?

Gary

I was a theist once before and if you could prove yourself to be right than it would be evidence to believe such a being exists. The problem is how can you show and prove it? And once the days, months, and years pass. What will you do? What are your thoughts if it never happens at all?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
28-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Gary, this one sentence of yours is so revealing on so many levels:
"I will never believe God doesn't exist. I have seen to much."

Not sure if you're aware of this, but recent studies suggest that your willingness to consciously refuse to ever change your mind regardless of the evidence that's presented to you (because it conflicts with your religious belief) could be causing brain damage.

Moreover, the fact that you base your belief on having "seen too much" confirms that you are either consciously not using a skeptical approach to evaluating reality or that you're unclear on what it means to be skeptical and adhere to the scientific method of inquiry.

Subjectively "seeing too much" doesn't make the cut, and this uncritical approach has led many an individual astray, and in the more extreme cases, can lead to needless death and destruction.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
28-04-2012, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 05:00 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-04-2012 09:25 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Sorry. I just think you're funny. I wouldn't waste my time hating anyone. BTW that little line up there, it's called "covering your ass", in case you're wrong, that way you're always right. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
28-04-2012, 10:21 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 10:30 PM by gdemoss.)
(28-04-2012 09:52 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 09:08 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Should I expect you to see biblical evidence to support anything true? Only those who are obedient to the Word of God receive more. You know this as you were a preacher before, right? Or maybe you were one who didn't subscribe to that teaching where in Mark 4 Jesus revealed the truth about the measure you hear being directly associated to the measure you receive.

Gary
Oh I'm quite aware of Mark 4. You would say my seed was planted in the thorns. (That sounds dirty and painful!) I should expect that you do believe you're receiving a special revelation because you were given a larger measure of something...but then why do you seem to be alone against the tide of plenty of other Bible teachers who make no such claims as you are making? Was your measure more than say, NT Wright, Ravi Zacharias, John Stott, Wayne Grudem, JP Moreland, DA Carson, etc etc etc? All evangelically conservative scholars and Bible commentators. I'll go out on a limb here and say that none of them believe that within the next year God is going to kill them (or any Christians) and start the Tribulation.

You shouldn't expect me to believe Biblical evidence, but I am questioning what IS your Biblical evidence for your suggestion that God is going to murder a handful of Christians before the Tribulation?
You bring up valid points which must have logical scriptural support for answers since it is the bible that predicts all things through foreshadowing. If it had not been for Enoch, there may have been no credible evidence for anyone to believe in a rapture of the church. Fair enough question you pose asking me what I have determined to believe that death might be what awaits those who have actually been faithful. I thought I posted it previously but Isaiah 57:1 comes to mind

Isa 57:1 ¶ The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth [it] to heart: and merciful men [are] taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil [to come].

This along with 2 Kings 22:14-20 show me God dealing with Josiah in this manner. Josiah was killed in battle rather than see the upcoming tribulation of Judah. And I am led to believe that those who do die might have a choice in the matter as Josiah obviously did. God sent a messenger to tell Josiah not to go out to battle and Josiah chose to do so anyway and got himself killed. Just as Paul stated that he knew he had an upcoming choice to make. Departing to be with God would be much better but to stay behind would be more beneficial to others. He said he didn't know what he would choose yet but was persuaded that it would probably be to stick around.

These are a couple of things that I base the idea that those who are as the church of Philadelphia were might suffer death before the real dirty business begins.

Gary

(28-04-2012 09:55 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 09:14 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  I will do as you say and truly question everything I know about God if in fact it doesn't come to pass as I have suggested it will. There are a few small considerations that I have to make about exactly what is going to happen within the next 360 days or so though. The only prophesy that I claim is going to absolutely come to pass is that Ephraim or the gentile church will no longer be a people, or used by God for the purpose of spreading the gospel. What that looks like in reality is questionable. I believe it to mean that he will take his Holy Spirit away from them and leave them to their own destruction due to their own disobedience. I base this on his glory leaving the temple in the old testament. So I wonder if we won't see a huge rise in violent behavior as not known during recorded history. Either way I will be watching closely to understand what is unfolding before us.

Gary

I was a theist once before and if you could prove yourself to be right than it would be evidence to believe such a being exists. The problem is how can you show and prove it? And once the days, months, and years pass. What will you do? What are your thoughts if it never happens at all?
What will I do if I am wrong? Understand that I was wrong and stop seeking to be right but instead contend that my reasoning skills are flawed to the point of not being able to be trusted.

Gary
(28-04-2012 10:10 PM)lightninlives Wrote:  Gary, this one sentence of yours is so revealing on so many levels:
"I will never believe God doesn't exist. I have seen to much."

Not sure if you're aware of this, but recent studies suggest that your willingness to consciously refuse to ever change your mind regardless of the evidence that's presented to you (because it conflicts with your religious belief) could be causing brain damage.

Moreover, the fact that you base your belief on having "seen too much" confirms that you are either consciously not using a skeptical approach to evaluating reality or that you're unclear on what it means to be skeptical and adhere to the scientific method of inquiry.

Subjectively "seeing too much" doesn't make the cut, and this uncritical approach has led many an individual astray, and in the more extreme cases, can lead to needless death and destruction.
This is exactly what I would expect one to say who has only a grasp of that which is carnal in nature rather than spiritual. Your either right and I am mentally challenged or I am right and your blind to spiritual reality through overemphasis of your carnal senses. We will know more come next year. If I am wrong about all of this I will seek serious help indeed.

Gary

(28-04-2012 10:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 09:25 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Sorry. I just think you're very funny. I wouldn't waste my time hating anyone. BTW that little line up there, it's called "covering your ass", in case you're wrong, that way you're always right. They think we were born yesterday. So, what are you going to do when this doesn't happen. You do have a plan, right ?

I repeat... when are you leaving ? (money where your mouth is .. right ?)

When am I leaving? I have no clue. I am not sure that I am leaving to speak the truth of the matter. I have no solid biblical evidence to support myself not having to go through it all. I see evidence to support I may be given a choice between dying or choosing to stay and spread the gospel through the tribulation. I do not see anything that says God is coming to get his own and whisk them away safely before the chaos ensues. Those are things dreamers who follow their own belly and not God see.

Gary
28-04-2012, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 10:46 PM by houseofcantor.)
(28-04-2012 09:13 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Im seriously considering getting a tablet. Is it working now? Anyone know the problem? I may try sacrificing a goat but looking for answers first like sensible people do.
Thumbsup

No spaces, and get rid of everything after and including the ampersand. Wink
(28-04-2012 09:04 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Amen, and I do take the advice to question everything. Do you take that advice yourself?

How do you think I know stuff? By fucking up. Big Grin

Thing about atheism, non-existence doesn't bother god. The thought of non-existence only bothers people. Wink
(28-04-2012 09:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I dare ya to go post this shit on a christian site.

Prophets aren't allowed on Christian sites. I done tested that hypothesis. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post