I thought you Atheists might be bored

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: I thought you Atheists might be bored
(28-04-2012 10:38 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 09:13 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Im seriously considering getting a tablet. Is it working now? Anyone know the problem? I may try sacrificing a goat but looking for answers first like sensible people do.
Thumbsup

No spaces, and get rid of everything after and including the ampersand. Wink
(28-04-2012 09:04 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Amen, and I do take the advice to question everything. Do you take that advice yourself?

How do you think I know stuff? By fucking up. Big Grin

Thing about atheism, non-existence doesn't bother god. The thought of non-existence only bothers people. Wink
(28-04-2012 09:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I dare ya to go post this shit on a christian site.

Prophets aren't allowed on Christian sites. I done tested that hypothesis. Thumbsup
Non-existence doesn't bother me. If I knew that we ceased to exist after death, I would not have any problem with that. I just don't see it as truth.

I forgot to address bucky on that last issue earlier. I did post it on the Christian site and they locked my post quickly and told me they didn't see anything useful coming of it. They thought I was bringing up some other 'two house' theory which is not the same as what I state but they didn't care to ask questions. According to the bible this is the exact reaction I was to expect when I brought it to there attention though so of course that brings more credibility to the bible once again not leaving me disappointed with the results.

Gary
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like gdemoss's post
28-04-2012, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 12:57 AM by GirlyMan.)
(28-04-2012 11:07 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Non-existence doesn't bother me. If I knew that we ceased to exist after death, I would not have any problem with that. I just don't see it as truth.

Me neither.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
29-04-2012, 12:36 AM
(28-04-2012 08:13 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 08:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And it's the truth why? Please, enlighten me.
Not as you understand truth of course. My position must be that there is a God, because I am a theist, and therefore he is truth and all else that opposes is error. I know, you want proof, and this I testify is coming shortly in the form of a period of tribulation where all of those pesky theists are going to be dealt with by Satan and the atheist who hate them will rejoice. I prefer Jesus and his teaching on morality and way of life. If only the whole world would agree then this would be a perfect place to live. I know, you don't agree. If you did you would follow him.

Gary
Gary, I don't hate theists, I just feel sorry for them.

Re "I prefer Jesus and his teaching on morality and way of life. If only the whole world would agree then this would be a perfect place to live." WRONG! AND I CAN PROVE IT. Please visit http://www.markfulton.org/christianity-a...al-society
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2012, 01:07 AM
(29-04-2012 12:36 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 08:13 PM)gdemoss Wrote:  Not as you understand truth of course. My position must be that there is a God, because I am a theist, and therefore he is truth and all else that opposes is error. I know, you want proof, and this I testify is coming shortly in the form of a period of tribulation where all of those pesky theists are going to be dealt with by Satan and the atheist who hate them will rejoice. I prefer Jesus and his teaching on morality and way of life. If only the whole world would agree then this would be a perfect place to live. I know, you don't agree. If you did you would follow him.

Gary
Gary, I don't hate theists, I just feel sorry for them.

Re "I prefer Jesus and his teaching on morality and way of life. If only the whole world would agree then this would be a perfect place to live." WRONG! AND I CAN PROVE IT. Please visit http://www.markfulton.org/christianity-a...al-society
You prove nothing. These people who did these terrible things were not following Jesus. I said if everyone followed Jesus the world would be a perfect place. You can point to all of those who have lived throughout the centuries that twisted the Word of God and the picture of Christ into something that it is not and committed terrible acts of ungodliness upon others but it only speaks to who those evil people were. Even Adolf Hitler thought he was doing God a favor. You can't fault the Christ because of the Christians. Even he is going to sort them out 'after' they die. Not all who claim the name of Christ live forever as many are discarded for making him look bad by bearing false witness of who he is by their lives. It is they, not God, who has given you a reason to blaspheme.

Gary
29-04-2012, 01:31 AM
(29-04-2012 01:07 AM)gdemoss Wrote:  
(29-04-2012 12:36 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Gary, I don't hate theists, I just feel sorry for them.

You prove nothing. These people who did these terrible things were not following Jesus. I said if everyone followed Jesus the world would be a perfect place. You can point to all of those who have lived throughout the centuries that twisted the Word of God and the picture of Christ into something that it is not and committed terrible acts of ungodliness upon others but it only speaks to who those evil people were. Even Adolf Hitler thought he was doing God a favor. You can't fault the Christ because of the Christians. Even he is going to sort them out 'after' they die. Not all who claim the name of Christ live forever as many are discarded for making him look bad by bearing false witness of who he is by their lives. It is they, not God, who has given you a reason to blaspheme.

Gary
Oh dear, Gary, you are starting to ramble. You're not making sense. Maybe you need a little break from this?

Just for general interest, the story of the rapture ( a rather confused assimilation of ideas expressed in Paul and the book of Revelations) was pinched from the pre-existing cult of Mithras. In Mithraic mythology, at the end of time, the story is strikingly similar to that of the Apocalypse in the book of Revelations. A colossal combat takes place between the savior, Mithras, his sidekicks, and demons, who will be destroyed. The saviour orchestrates the resurrection of the dead, the judgment and
then the renewal of the whole world. A terrible fire rages, which cleanses all creatures; the wicked are sanitized from all stains. A new heaven and earth appear. This was well documented hundreds of years before Jeebus was a twinkle in God's eye.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
29-04-2012, 06:53 AM
To the OP:
What the fuck drug are you smoking man?? Dude that's not how it goes.....
The world is going to end on April 1st, 2542.... yeah that's right .. I am a prophet.... I've seen the future dude... I've smoked the herb... drank from the fountains of 40 virgin maidens..... I have seen... and I know.....
A rogue black hole will wander into our solar system... and starting with Jupiter..... it will devour the planets .... one by one... Idiots will pray to some God for a miracle.. but nothing will happen... the world will be in chaos. The sinners of the Catholic church will pray to Mary... but nothing will happen .. the Evanalists will pray to Jesus ... again nothing will happen... and every dumbass that holds some faith in his or her delusion will come to realize that they are stupid... and their God has failed them...
It has been written ... so shall it be done... Amen!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
29-04-2012, 07:32 AM
(28-04-2012 07:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So you're so special that you have been guided to the date of the rapture and so the first thing you do with this new found knowledge is post on an Atheist forum??

wheres my troll video when you need it...

ah here it is!

earmuffs
You owe me 10 minutes of my life back. That video sucks. :-)

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
[+] 1 user Likes Debzilla's post
29-04-2012, 07:47 AM
We're not bored.
Next.

The angry gods require sacrifice. Now get outside and slay them a goat. Cadet in Terse But Deadly
[+] 1 user Likes San Onofre Surfer's post
29-04-2012, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2012 08:28 AM by Debzilla.)
"For those of you who live in America: I suggest you get packing and ready to evacuate quickly. Mystery whore Babylon aka America is going to be judged in one hours time (nuclear). This appearing to happen at some point during the tribulation period which causes all focus to shift back to the middle east and Jerusalem where all things will culminate to the end of the tribulation period when Jesus returns to rule and reign over the earth from Jerusalem." ~gdemoss

Statistically and strategically speaking, there is a good chance that a nuclear attack will at a minimum be attempted on US land. There are just too many haters out there and if given the chance it is foolish to think they would not. Of course, there is also a good chance the perpetrators of this criminal act would tell you they are not fulfilling your prophesy, gdemoss, they are obeying commands from a different God book.
A broken clock is correct 2x a day (so cliche', I know). If the world ended in 2012, it would no more prove your theory than current concerns over the Mayan Calendar. A correct guess is not a prediction. Someone is gonna win the lottery.
No matter how complex the bible stories are, no matter how many good morals one can find to live by in the text, it is, in the end, just a bunch of stories. I understand that the human brain is built to look for patterns, but that doesnt mean one should give into that instinct without accountability.
People can memorize it, pray to it, preach it, dissect it, project from it, but none of that makes the underlying God claim any more real.
Call me irreverent, but any prophesy from religion is for me irrelevant.
(except for all the self-fulfilling ones, those are really scary).

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
[+] 1 user Likes Debzilla's post
29-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Well, I finally got to reading this thing and following the logic. There is logic in it, but, even putting aside that it is all based on a faulty foundation (the bible, which is a hodgepodge of some hand picked historic facts and a lot of embellishments) I must agree with Debzilla.

The human mind IS constructed to look for patterns. This is both good and bad. It serves as a foundation for science, as well as such things as gambling addictions (slot players for instance, as well as Roulette players etc. are forever trying to find winning patterns in random events).

So it is natural for you, since you accept the bible as THE book, to look for patterns there. But it is also easy to find patterns that are actually meaningless. (like the lady who takes a little doll to her Bingo game since when the doll sits on the table, she wins more games).

A nuclear attack on the US in 2013? Very possible IMO. Should you survive it, you will be puzzling for the rest of your life why xxx was killed, but yyy is running around unscathed. Maybe you will become the new prophet, or at least somebody will, as people will be looking for something to use as a crutch since reality is too scary.

And then we start this whole thing all over again.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man