I used to be a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 12:24 PM
RE: I used to be a Christian
(13-07-2017 08:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 06:19 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  .... wait, you mean, NOT his yearly April Fool's joke?

Nope. The boy really done deconverted.

Wow, seriously?? How did that happen? Just... wow...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2017, 12:34 PM
(13-07-2017 12:24 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 08:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Nope. The boy really done deconverted.

Wow, seriously?? How did that happen? Just... wow...

It feels kinda weird that I'm telling this rather than him, since he's not around.

As I understand it, after Hurricane <insert name here>, his house was basically almost destroyed, or totally destroyed. In the months following he and his family really struggled. At some point he found himself questioning whether this God whom he'd prayed to and believed in really did have his back. At some further point he decided he couldn't believe any more.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-07-2017, 12:39 PM
(13-07-2017 12:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
Yabut, they invest, knowing they can lose. No one player can change the moves with the trillions in Forex. It's going to move, (and they are going to lose), if I'm in or not. Maybe they make money on moves I'm not in ?

I don't know whether you are deliberately missing the point or it's a blindness stemming from a heritage / cultural influence of prospectors / pioneers / speculators.

The losers to whom I was referring are not the ones who invest and lose ... they are no different, ethically, from you.

I was talking about the innocent and the ignorant.

13-07-2017, 03:06 PM
(13-07-2017 12:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 08:47 AM)Vera Wrote:  Sorry, Calvinism really is the vilest them all.

Very bizarre parochialism. He must have been nuts.

And then there are those inherently less arrogant ones (or maybe it's a different kind of twisted, inside-out arrogance) who believe they are not saved. Either way, it all boils down to: "it is all about ME". Which, granted, is at the heart of pretty much *all* religions. This immensity that we find ourselves born into, obviously cares about my precious and unique self, personally, and owes me its protection and goodwill. And they have the gall the call *us* arrogant. Sleepy

Quote:(I know nothing about him .. I should, my dad's family is from there).

From where, Picardy? If you have French blood, Bucky, my dear, why are we meeting in Italy and not France? Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-07-2017, 02:56 AM
I used to be a Christian
Obvious troll.

Just kidding! Nice write up, welcome to the group. You just got a 10% raise too. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk