I used to be an atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Video I used to be an atheist.
A Doc posted a link to "The Story of Suzie" over at my old man hypogonadal forum and I was like, "Oh shit, I gotta check this out."

So here I am. Was an atheist for almost 30 years. Was educated in a Lutheran school for K-12. Started studying Philosophy at University. Nothing like a parochial education followed by a formal introduction to reason to turn you atheist. Wifey got pregnant and I realized Computer Science might be a more prudent major so I switched (it was).

Recently I've graduated from atheist to full-blown blasphemer. Yes Virginia, there is a God and it is us. Goddam, I haven't felt this liberated in 30 years.

Be well, fellow heathens and infidels. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-05-2011, 07:37 PM

RE: I used to be an atheist.
Great link. I'm impressed. Then again, I'm simple.

Welcome! So we can all go to Hell together.

*scuffs foot, mutters to self* If they don't have cheeseburgers, I'm leaving!
Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2011, 09:00 PM
(25-05-2011 07:37 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Great link. I'm impressed. Then again, I'm simple.
I'm all about simplification. Kinda why I became an atheist in the first place. Wink

(25-05-2011 07:37 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Welcome!
Thanks!

(25-05-2011 07:37 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  So we can all go to Hell together.
Nah, so we can just realize that if we don't make a Hell, there won't be a hell.

But if you know what life is worth, you would look for yours on earth.

25-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Liking you so far, what's the idea behind your name? I could never believe in biocentrism I don't think that highly of myself =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
25-05-2011, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2011 09:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-05-2011 09:25 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I could never believe in biocentrism I don't think that highly of myself =p
I also find quantum physics a bit uncomfortably arrogant. But it ain't just you, it's us collectively. Anything capable of observation, anything conscious.

(25-05-2011 09:25 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Liking you so far, what's the idea behind your name?

My fellas went into retirement a few decades early so I need to supplement with exogenous testosterone. Without it I turn into a pussy at midnight.

25-05-2011, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2011 11:24 PM by Lilith Pride.)
I kind of have the opposite issue though a bit more complex. And as far as the "it's us", I do pretty much agree on that one. It was my original concept when I found answers to things after deep introspection, and they kept being theories from philosophers and such. I do see consciousness as something more free form than restricted to your body. As it's intangible it's hard to really say where it is or can go.

Sorry for not reading the wiki fully at first, but I scanned through and knew the basics not realizing this was a further theory. I need to sleep but I'll want to look into this some since so far from looking at Lenski's principles it seems like my sort of view. I like to read links more often but I'm still not used to devoting 14 hours a day to work yet.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
26-05-2011, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2011 08:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-05-2011 11:20 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I kind of have the opposite issue though a bit more complex.
My my, I guess you do. I'm not even sure I can parse "Intersexed Transsexual Lesbian." Androgynous male-to-female who prefers sex with women? That's gotta be interesting. I know a lot of people on some hypogonadal message boards who would like to hear about your anecdotal experiences with hormone treatments to better understand how to manipulate theirs.

26-05-2011, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2011 09:55 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Intersex is not androgynous it means I was actually born between genders. In fact in our current system I'm a ?-F =p I explain things all the time, and of course hormones are more a question for endocrinologists. I am an activist so I do what I can if you have anyone in specific.

I was born with male genitals and in many ways am similar to a male/female.

[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
27-05-2011, 05:26 PM
(26-05-2011 09:50 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Intersex is not androgynous it means I was actually born between genders.

Wow ... God works in mysterious ways.

(Is it okay to joke about it? If not I'll delete the previous.)

27-05-2011, 05:45 PM

(26-05-2011 09:50 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Intersex is not androgynous it means I was actually born between genders. In fact in our current system I'm a ?-F =p I explain things all the time, and of course hormones are more a question for endocrinologists. I am an activist so I do what I can if you have anyone in specific.

I was born with male genitals and in many ways am similar to a male/female.

sorry if it's creeper that i read this thread.... >.>

but that is interesting o.o

dang me being born boring and female D:

and about the link and actual topic... xD

the only thing i see is that i can't imagine my life through that prospective >.<" i read it this morning so some of what i may be saying could be wrong(more than likely most of it), but i couldn't imagine everything within my mind. and then how would you explain the things and such(i'm horrible with words, better with hand mothions). i also think being a part of this opens more questions than it settles.
Quote this message in a reply