I used to be an atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2011, 06:32 PM
RE: I used to be an atheist.
(27-05-2011 05:45 PM)sasu_girl Wrote:  i also think being a part of this opens more questions than it settles.

That's just the cost of being a part of this. ... just the cost of doing business. ... no such thing as settled. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2011, 06:23 AM
No offense taken to people who are uninformed. The only way to inform people is by giving them the answer when they mess up. We can never really tell who knows what at a first glance.

It's very helpful to reach this point of view if you focus on the fact that you are not the only existence. You share close proximity to others though technically can never truly touch. Your world interacts with the worlds of many others. I was thinking heavy on this stuff as a kid, but decided I would calm down on it after I came to an acceptable answer. If you were seriously the only mover of the universe then it would be near inconceivable that all these pains would happen.

If I were the sole creator of reality we'd all look like cats, and male and female would be completely irrelevant as we all are basically the same (thought till 8 years old that the difference between male and female was clothes). There is definite merit in the fact that the world perceived by you only exists because you perceive it though. Through correlation actual facts are reached on things that generally follow a pattern, but there are always things that will be quite unique to your own perspective of life.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
01-06-2011, 06:55 PM
(01-06-2011 06:23 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  It's very helpful to reach this point of view if you focus on the fact that you are not the only existence. You share close proximity to others though technically can never truly touch.

I like tiny bubbles of consciousness/meaning/reality/souls/whatever-you-prefer bouncing into and off each other. And we most certainly can touch in the same sense as bubbles can come together, sometimes coalesce, sometimes merge, sometimes split, ... and eventually pop.

(01-06-2011 06:23 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  ... but decided I would calm down on it after I came to an acceptable answer.

How negligent and premature of you. Wink

(01-06-2011 06:23 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  If you were seriously the only mover of the universe then it would be near inconceivable that all these pains would happen.

Don't worry, you're not.

(01-06-2011 06:23 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  ... (thought till 8 years old that the difference between male and female was clothes).

That, in and of itself, is not atypical or unusual. Pretty sure it wasn't until the start of puberty around 12-13 before I realized (or at least before I gave a damn) that it was more than just clothes.

(01-06-2011 06:23 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  There is definite merit in the fact that the world perceived by you only exists because you perceive it though ... but there are always things that will be quite unique to your own perspective of life.

We all come in our own bubble.

01-06-2011, 08:47 PM
My puberty started at 6 years old (the first one >>)

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
02-06-2011, 12:52 PM
(25-05-2011 07:37 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Great link. I'm impressed. Then again, I'm simple.

Welcome! So we can all go to Hell together.

*scuffs foot, mutters to self* If they don't have cheeseburgers, I'm leaving!

Your signature is in itself a one way ticket to hell. Big Grin I love it by the way.

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
02-06-2011, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 07:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-06-2011 12:52 PM)TheSelfishGene Wrote:  Your signature is in itself a one way ticket to hell. Big Grin I love it by the way.

Boy asked me. If he wasn't ready to deal with the answer he wouldn't have asked. Wink

(01-06-2011 08:47 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  My puberty started at 6 years old (the first one >>)

You are an interesting one. Smile

02-06-2011, 11:57 PM
No I'm just amazingly lucky with the trauma lottery. My numbers just always seem to come up =p

03-06-2011, 12:33 AM
(02-06-2011 11:57 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  No I'm just amazingly lucky with the trauma lottery.

Who here isn't? Wink