I usually find classical religious art boring, but...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2012, 01:38 PM
I usually find classical religious art boring, but...
An 80-year-old woman decided to give this deteriorating Spanish fresco a bit of a touch-up.

[Image: _62428391_frescopic.gif]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19349921
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like rook2004's post
22-08-2012, 01:45 PM
RE: I usually find classical religious art boring, but...
Ah damn, she's at it again - someone get the brushes away from Granny. Oh well, art was never really meant to last. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
22-08-2012, 02:37 PM
[Image: 2cVN7.gif]

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Ghost0fBanquo's post
23-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I feel sad about what happened to the painting. It might have been of a mythological figure I don't agree with, but it was still a piece of great artwork. Such a shame. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes SlipStitch's post
23-08-2012, 11:46 PM
(23-08-2012 09:34 PM)SlipStitch Wrote:  I feel sad about what happened to the painting. It might have been of a mythological figure I don't agree with, but it was still a piece of great artwork. Such a shame. Sad

Part of me does feel this way for sure. I value art, a lot, and this shouldn't have happened.

But now that it has, another part of me wants earmuffs to photoshop every print of paintings we have here, and meme the crap out of them Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
24-08-2012, 12:15 AM
(23-08-2012 09:34 PM)SlipStitch Wrote:  I feel sad about what happened to the painting. It might have been of a mythological figure I don't agree with, but it was still a piece of great artwork. Such a shame. Sad

Who says you have to believe in the myths to appreciate the art? I have to admit, though, when I went to Italy and France in April, I found that the art inspired by Christianity was much less interesting than the art inspired by Greek mythology. Way more interesting stuff came out of the pagan world. Smile

But yeah, this case is kinda sad. A little funny cause a little old lady did it with the best of intentions.