I've Been Thinking...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: I've Been Thinking...
(23-02-2013 01:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Don't wait too long.

At 30 I find myself in the dilema of really wanting a child BUT also worrying that I may be too old. *shrug*
Ugh. That's what my ex kept saying. "I want to have a baby before I'm 30 and old." So, I'll respond to you the same way I responded to her...

Beat_stick

30's not old! Say it again and I'll be forced to hug you. Angry

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2013, 02:19 PM
30 isn't old! I know a lot of people who have waited until after their 30's to have children. I'm sure your child would think you're awesome regardless of your age = ) My son always tells me I'm "the best mom ever!" (Freakin' amazing.)
Just spending time with your kids gives you "cool points."

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
23-02-2013, 02:47 PM
(23-02-2013 01:37 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(23-02-2013 01:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Don't wait too long.

At 30 I find myself in the dilema of really wanting a child BUT also worrying that I may be too old. *shrug*
Ugh. That's what my ex kept saying. "I want to have a baby before I'm 30 and old." So, I'll respond to you the same way I responded to her...

Beat_stick

30's not old! Say it again and I'll be forced to hug you. Angry
Thats the scariest thing anyone has ever said to me! I swear I'll never say it again! Tongue

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
23-02-2013, 02:49 PM
"Just spending time with your kids gives you "cool points.""

Exactly. Kids don't care how old or young you are. They don't care about your job, your place on the socioeconomic scale, your financial ability to buy them endless inanimate objects or whether or not you start wearing diapers a few years after they stop.

They want exactly what you want... respect, compassion and friendship.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
23-02-2013, 07:42 PM
(23-02-2013 02:49 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Just spending time with your kids gives you "cool points.""

Exactly. Kids don't care how old or young you are. They don't care about your job, your place on the socioeconomic scale, your financial ability to buy them endless inanimate objects or whether or not you start wearing diapers a few years after they stop.

They want exactly what you want... respect, compassion and friendship.
Well, until they hit about 13 or 14, anyway. Then everything parents do is "lame" and embarrassing and they "hate you! You never let me do anything; you have no idea what it's like to be my age!" *Runs off to their room and slams the door* lol

[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
24-02-2013, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2013 06:04 AM by GirlyMan.)
(23-02-2013 12:51 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I want a child. Specifically a girl ...

Oh, so you're a misanthropic masochist. ... That's an unusual combination. You have no fucking idea what you're asking for do you dude?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-02-2013, 05:14 PM
"Well, until they hit about 13 or 14, anyway. Then everything parents do is "lame" and embarrassing and they "hate you! You never let me do anything; you have no idea what it's like to be my age!" *Runs off to their room and slams the door* lol"

That wasn't our experience with our son or with the niece we raised from thirteen to eighteen.They always enjoyed going out with us, having their friends interact with us and, as a matter of fact, still do. That's not to say there weren't conflicts. There will always be conflicts when two or more human beings share a space. It's how those conflicts are resolved that makes the difference.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
25-02-2013, 01:53 AM
(24-02-2013 05:14 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Well, until they hit about 13 or 14, anyway. Then everything parents do is "lame" and embarrassing and they "hate you! You never let me do anything; you have no idea what it's like to be my age!" *Runs off to their room and slams the door* lol"

That wasn't our experience with our son or with the niece we raised from thirteen to eighteen.They always enjoyed going out with us, having their friends interact with us and, as a matter of fact, still do. That's not to say there weren't conflicts. There will always be conflicts when two or more human beings share a space. It's how those conflicts are resolved that makes the difference.
You might want to check the back of your children's necks for a USB port or charging jack of some sort. There is reason to believe your children may be cyborgs. Tongue

25-02-2013, 01:55 AM
(24-02-2013 04:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-02-2013 12:51 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I want a child. Specifically a girl ...

Oh, so you're a misanthropic masochist. ... That's an unusual combination. You have no fucking idea what you're asking for do you dude?

Like I said, I know the cons. I simply don't care. Undecided
My head's all loopy, I guess. Sad

25-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Re: I've Been Thinking...
Lol thus thread makes me clucky. Horrible bad thread.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard