I've Been Thinking...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2013, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2013 06:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: I've Been Thinking...
(25-02-2013 01:55 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(24-02-2013 04:59 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh, so you're a misanthropic masochist. ... That's an unusual combination. You have no fucking idea what you're asking for do you dude?

Like I said, I know the cons.

Do you now. No She'll turn 18 and decide to move to Pittsburg with her boyfriend studying to be a Harley Davidson motorcycle mechanic. "Pittsburgh, huh, nice place, ranked one of the top cities in the country for art and culture. Make sure you visit The Church. One of the most gloriously blasphemous things your old man's ever seen. But you know we can't afford CMU, did you get a scholarship from Pitt?" "No dad, Pittsburg, Kansas." ... Blink ... the fuck ... Blink ... 3 years and $20K in student loans later (which of course I had to cosign for), she's back living in the big room in the basement (wife decided we'd move to the smaller room) with a new boyfriend. When I'm feeling particularly nasty I point out that we could be in this exact same situation without the unnecessary $20K student loan debt if she'd just gone to Maryland like her old man. When she's feeling particularly nasty she points out I'm an ass equally responsible for that debt. ... I love the smell of mutual abuse in the morning, smell's like ... a happily dysfunctional family. Big Grin

Be careful what you wish for, misanthrope.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-02-2013, 07:03 PM
(25-02-2013 06:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 01:55 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Like I said, I know the cons.

Do you now. No
My version of things had her moving in with three guys and coming home with two buns in the oven; a drug habit and no job. Then I've gotta help her through an ungodly combination of withdrawals and morning sickness before helping her take care of her deformed crack-baby. (I say "crack-baby" because the other one died in my bathroom toilet)
As the title would suggest, Girly, "I've been thinking". Wink

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
25-02-2013, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2013 09:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-02-2013 07:03 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 06:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Do you now. No
My version of things had her moving in with three guys and coming home with two buns in the oven; a drug habit and no job. Then I've gotta help her through an ungodly combination of withdrawals and morning sickness before helping her take care of her deformed crack-baby. (I say "crack-baby" because the other one died in my bathroom toilet) As the title would suggest, Girly, "I've been thinking". Wink

That seems like a peculiarly twisted expectation. Not exactly sure what you expect you'll get out of that, but then again, you are, when it comes down to the brass tacks, a masochistic misanthrope. Big Grin ... Seriously though, I never preferred any particular sex any of the 4 times I impregnated ManlyGirl (we ended up with 3 boys, 1 girl). The rush of being a Daddy is what you're really looking for, brother. Nothing else like it. It lasts for decades. And then if you're lucky you get to bump it with the experience of the rush of being a Grampa. And if you're really really lucky you might get to bump it again with experiencing the rush of being a Great Grampa. ... Be financially prepared. Offspring ain't cheap.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-02-2013, 09:54 PM
I don't know if you were asking for advice, but you certainly wanting some kind of response so I will share my thoughts. Be mindful that I have no children. I will not assume you're an idiot because what I know of you doesn't suggest that you are. Ultimately only you can decide if you are willing to make commitment that will most likely last until you are dead. You can divorce a woman, but it's a much shittier move to abandon your children, so be sure you are willing to make the commitment. You to consider you stability of course, financially, emotionally, and so forth. Then think of the shitty diapers, runny noses, late night homework after you've worked a 12 hour day, the smart ass mouth, the field trips and dances, the clothes shopping , potty training, the illnesses, and when she gets a bit older the boys trying to get in her pants, the very real possibility that she allows some boys to get in her pants and make you a grandpa 15 or 16 years from now, the teenage drug and alcohol experimentation, her coming to you and begging for money cause she spent it all on school books and partying....dude it is a collosal fucking commitment and my hat's off to all the brave souls that ventured into parenthood and did so successfully, each and every one of you crazy fuckers. If you really want to take the plunge, I see no reason why you shouldn't, just carefully weigh the consequences of your actions. Personally, though I have not yet been able to conceive a child, I am kind of glad that my wife and I weren't successful yet because I am now a college student. In a few years I hope we will be more successful. Good luck with your decision.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
25-02-2013, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2013 10:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-02-2013 09:54 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  \Ultimately only you can decide if you are willing to make commitment that will most likely last until you are dead.
In my experience, I didn't decide shit. I fucked my wife, kids resulted. Nothing shocking there. If shit happens, roll with the fatboy and if it it looks like it could be made into pastry, goddam, there's a pastry chef or 2 around here.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-02-2013, 10:19 PM
"In my experience, I didn't decide shit. I fucked my wife, kids resulted."

What an absolutely uncouth thing to say.

I had to lol.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
25-02-2013, 10:21 PM
(25-02-2013 10:19 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "In my experience, I didn't decide shit. I fucked my wife, kids resulted."

What an absolutely uncouth thing to say.

I had to lol.

When couth is required, I'm pretty sure Girly is capable.

But he does do uncouth right well. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-02-2013, 11:48 PM
(25-02-2013 10:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-02-2013 09:54 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  \Ultimately only you can decide if you are willing to make commitment that will most likely last until you are dead.
In my experience, I didn't decide shit. I fucked my wife, kids resulted. Nothing shocking there. If shit happens, roll with the fatboy and if it it looks like it could be made into pastry, goddam, there's a pastry chef or 2 around here.
Well we ain't talkin' 'bout your fucking experience fatboy, now are we? He is trying to decide, so suck it! Also, I'm now more drunk than sober so my filter is pretty much off, as is my typing skills. God damn shouldn't take this much effort to type. Big Grin

One more thing, I fucking love Yuengling!

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
08-03-2013, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 12:20 AM by Peanut.)
You know, Miso? I just reread your whole original post and I gotta say, it was awesome. I know I'm biased because I love your stories, so of course I'm going to think it was beautifully written. But I find that I missed a few points you made the first time around. That being said, I thought about a new, fresh response:

You will be an amazing father. This will be especially true if you end up having the little girl you mentioned because you are indeed nurturing to the women in your life. (I know first-hand that you lend a shoulder to cry on... Sadcryface And for that, I thank you, by the way.) Someone else mentioned that "chicks dig wannabe dads." That is so true. Even if you aren't actively seeking to make a relationship work with a "potential mate" right now, doesn't mean that they won't be around. You can't write off getting to know some lucky lady because then you are just making your self-fulfilled prophecy that it'll never happen for you come true. She will probably come out of nowhere and if she already sees your desire to father a child, BAM! She's hooked.

When it comes to actually raising a child, you already have some key traits of a great father.
  1. You have had experience with helping a child while you were a young adult (your little brother)
  2. You're funny
  3. You are an amazing story-teller
You know how to handle your brother. Since there is such a huge
difference in age between the two of you, you're able to look at him as a
child and not just your "little bro who is so ANNOYING!" You won't go and tattle on him to your mother because he bugged you.

Kids LOVE jokes and laughing at their parent's intended and unintentional funnies. My son will try this thing where he fights smiling, but mom always knows how to get that bright, cheery smile I know and love about him to shine. I absolutely love the sound of a child's laughter, so I believe that most adults with a heart thinks the same way. Keep the giggles coming and you'll have them stuck to you for the rest of your life.

It's kind of a given that children will love a story. They will especially love a daddy reading to them from their favorite story book in funny accents and the fact that he's getting totally into delivering the story. One's child will also LOVE to hear how creative their dad is because he can make fantastic stories on a whim. I can absolutely picture your little girl saying, "Dad, tell me a story about princesses!" And you will hear that challenge, take it and make it the most spectacularly girly story with all the ponies and fluffy kitties and all that other little girl stuff they love so much. She will be blown away at the two hour long epic journey of "Ella: The Great and Powerful Princess of the Dragons."

Okay, I can go on but I realize I write too much in posts sometimes. I'm sure most will just scroll through most of this because of its length anyway. But I hope YOU read it and understand what I'm trying to say. Tongue Your life can only get better if you just allow yourself to be happy and all that sappy stuff.

[END]

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
09-03-2013, 02:54 AM
(08-03-2013 11:02 PM)Peanut Wrote:  You can't write off getting to know some lucky lady because then you are just making your self-fulfilled prophecy that it'll never happen for you come true.
Well you see; it only makes sense that I be the one to make such a prophecy.

I'm the only one I trust to ensure it comes to pass. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!