I've Often Wondered....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2011, 02:43 PM
RE: I've Often Wondered....
(25-09-2011 02:35 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Or of course the third option, the one you never responded to Theo. Never learn about the sins to begin with.

The only ones who qualify under this option are those who die before they have learned the difference between right and wrong. Obviously on one who is reading this is in this category.

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2011, 05:34 PM
(25-09-2011 02:17 PM)theophilus Wrote:  There is only one qualification for heaven: sinlessness.

There is no such thing as "sin". It is an imaginary construct some fuckers thought up in order to constrain, control, and manipulate me. Not gonna happen. There are acceptable and unacceptable, constructive and counterproductive, enlightened and delusional, sane and insane, loving and hateful, legal and illegal behaviors. But there is no such thing as "sin". As long as you hold onto the idea that there are prerequisites for getting into heaven you are surrendering the only chance you have of experiencing heaven. It is here and it is now and you have willingly blinded yourself to it. And so is hell. And you get to make the call.

You do realize that the promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is blatently untenable bullshit I hope.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
25-09-2011, 05:44 PM
No way now you're just cheating by changing the rules. Unless of course you mean gods written rules by right and wrong. Which if you do then you admit my plan would work and save all the souls forever.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
26-09-2011, 01:29 PM
I've been thinking about this topic off and on for most of my life. Recently I have started to think that maybe people who are religious aren't crazy after all. Maybe they are just stubborn. It's the only way other than "crazy" that I can make sense out of the rationality that must go along with allowing one form of supernatural event and calling all others crazy.

I am starting to think that maybe these people are just really into the idea of heaven, but only actually believe in the community. The social aspect of religion. If it were the other crazy way, then wouldn't we see people preaching everywhere all the time. Listening to every nut who thinks they hear gods voice? Why would we fuck around with the rules at all. If I believed in heaven, god, the bible, I would be out there killing adulterers and hating gay people, and burning knowledge you know all the evil shit they are told to do in the bible. I wouldn't risk going to hell.

So the only things I can understand being responsible with the behavior would be insanity, delusion, hysteria, or stubbornness.

Honestly I believe that to worship and pray to and dedicate your life to something you've never seen or heard or touched in a real sense is absolutely the definition of crazy. It's just the socially acceptable form of it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
26-09-2011, 02:38 PM
(26-09-2011 01:29 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I am starting to think that maybe these people are just really into the idea of heaven, but only actually believe in the community. The social aspect of religion. If it were the other crazy way, then wouldn't we see people preaching everywhere all the time. Listening to every nut who thinks they hear gods voice? Why would we fuck around with the rules at all. If I believed in heaven, god, the bible, I would be out there killing adulterers and hating gay people, and burning knowledge you know all the evil shit they are told to do in the bible. I wouldn't risk going to hell.

So the only things I can understand being responsible with the behavior would be insanity, delusion, hysteria, or stubbornness.

I think you are right on. I for one will give it a think. There are those who do kill, hate, burn, evil shit, etc. But there are a lot who have kind of a cloud around their belief. Within that cloud they see and hear what they want to see along with all the other people who do the same. There is not as much demarcation around them as there is with those who are more militant. The cloud is their social heaven with all it's trappings.. music, talk, spiritual hand waving, beliefs that answer their simple questions and there is no one to challenge them; they all think together and have a good time. The idea of heaven looks even grander if it's a better social haven than that. The cloud.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user