I've been gone~did God show up yet?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Heart I've been gone~did God show up yet?
For the sake of gaining unbiased knowledge and solidifying my lack of beliefs, I took several months away from the atheist forums, books, etc. During this time, I was free of all outside influences, studied the bible, went to church, and sought knowledge for myself. After months of what I will classify as mental torture and insufferable hypocrisy, I am PROUD to announce that not only am I confident in my position as an atheist, but I am back with a vengeance! Not only do I still not believe in God, a fire has been lit inside of me that has me pissed off and ready to being my journey as an "angry" atheist. So, unless some sort of god showed his face during my search for knowledge, I assume I've missed nothing but the circular talk and ignorance that comes with debating religion. On that note...I missed this forum most of all and look forward to catching up on what's been going on <3

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like kellyrm's post
29-01-2014, 11:48 AM
RE: I've been gone~did God show up yet?
Hey Kelly, you just missed the big guy by a few minutes..... he gave the rest of us cookies and milk. Tongue

Welcome back . Smile
[+] 6 users Like War Horse's post
29-01-2014, 11:49 AM
He didn't show yet but there is a debate whether He was signed on for the superbowl with Denver or Seattle. Possibly He will clone himself so He can play on both teams.

Using Tapatalk
29-01-2014, 11:51 AM
welcome back.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

29-01-2014, 11:52 AM
The evidence for God - yeah, it is still missing! I tagged along for a while with my wife to the Baptist church she works at, and found myself leaving each week pretty ticked off. My wife stopped going shortly after I got fed up (maybe it was all those comments I made under my breath during service). I went to just learn what is being said and how christians gobble it all up with no thought whatsoever.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
29-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Ha! Thanks for the welcome Smile I knew if I left, he'd show up! He just can't handle my awesomeness I suppose, maybe I'll catch him next time Tongue

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
29-01-2014, 11:55 AM
(29-01-2014 11:52 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  The evidence for God - yeah, it is still missing! I tagged along for a while with my wife to the Baptist church she works at, and found myself leaving each week pretty ticked off. My wife stopped going shortly after I got fed up (maybe it was all those comments I made under my breath during service). I went to just learn what is being said and how christians gobble it all up with no thought whatsoever.

This whole situation sounds so familiar! They also don't like it when you question them in front of their minions...but this church had a woman preacher, it was necessary to ask her about her bible's take on women preachers and if she had her ticket to hell booked yet. Okay, I didn't actually say it like that~but she knows what I meant!

29-01-2014, 12:00 PM
(29-01-2014 11:43 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  So, unless some sort of god showed his face during my search for knowledge, I assume I've missed nothing but the circular talk and ignorance that comes with debating religion. On that note...I missed this forum most of all and look forward to catching up on what's been going on <3

What do you mean? GirlyMan never left in the first place.

Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
29-01-2014, 12:02 PM
(29-01-2014 11:55 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 11:52 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  The evidence for God - yeah, it is still missing! I tagged along for a while with my wife to the Baptist church she works at, and found myself leaving each week pretty ticked off. My wife stopped going shortly after I got fed up (maybe it was all those comments I made under my breath during service). I went to just learn what is being said and how christians gobble it all up with no thought whatsoever.

This whole situation sounds so familiar! They also don't like it when you question them in front of their minions...but this church had a woman preacher, it was necessary to ask her about her bible's take on women preachers and if she had her ticket to hell booked yet. Okay, I didn't actually say it like that~but she knows what I meant!

Was her head covered up also? Did she need to consult her husband for the topics to be preached? So she doesn't respect the rules or the hierarchy of power - false prophet I guess.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
29-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Sure he did - just search the forum for Mark Dreher. He is living with god and is her lover. He told us all about it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post