I've been thinking .......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2013, 03:44 AM
RE: I've been thinking .......
(13-04-2013 01:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Are we in the same fucking universe here?

If you're not smoking black gungy, then probably not.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-04-2013, 12:00 AM

(12-04-2013 09:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm not interesting in saving you Hughsie. I'm interested in challenging your world view as well as having my world view challenged.

Believing in God without believing in Christ and the salvation offered through Christ is pointless. Satan believes in God.

(12-04-2013 09:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Well this thread was about people who come here claiming they want to 'save' us but I wouldn't condemn someone for challenging my world view either.

Well, I for one am interested in saving your soul. I love you and the Lord loves you. If we aren't trying to save souls out of a general love of humankind, then we are making a mockery of Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

(12-04-2013 11:28 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  So one wonders why Christians aren't generally worried about your welfare. It takes balls to stand up to your opponents -- a forum like this provides many more responses than a Christian has time to answer. But shouldn't Christians outnumber us here? Why aren't more of them worried about the impending danger and, knowing how easy it is to find victims of the barreling train, trying to save us?

Because it's one thing to be a Christian; it's another thing to be Christ.
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2013, 12:38 AM
(13-04-2013 12:00 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I think most of the theists come here to give themselves a break.

They must get tired of the half-baked, illogical, manufactured, inconsistent, hypocritical, back-stabbing talk that's typical in theist circles.

Here they get a refreshing dose of reality. Most atheists are intelligent. We don't fuck around. We tell it like it is. That's attractive if you've had a lifetime of bullshit shoved down your throat.

The theist dudes here sub-consciously wish they were atheists. Yet they've been too well done over by churches to admit it.

Please see Daniel Dennet on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...Cxx-GkMg#!

I was in the audience.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2013, 09:50 PM
(14-04-2013 12:00 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 11:28 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  So one wonders why Christians aren't generally worried about your welfare. It takes balls to stand up to your opponents -- a forum like this provides many more responses than a Christian has time to answer. But shouldn't Christians outnumber us here? Why aren't more of them worried about the impending danger and, knowing how easy it is to find victims of the barreling train, trying to save us?

You're deliberately using a different definition of "save" than I am. To clarify (I'll pretend that you truly didn't understand me), "Why aren't more Christians worried about our souls going to Hell and, knowing how easy it is to find souls going to Hell, doing everything they can to help us avoid that fate?"

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
14-04-2013, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013 06:17 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(14-04-2013 12:00 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 09:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm not interesting in saving you Hughsie. I'm interested in challenging your world view as well as having my world view challenged.

Believing in God without believing in Christ and the salvation offered through Christ is pointless. Satan believes in God.

(12-04-2013 09:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Well this thread was about people who come here claiming they want to 'save' us but I wouldn't condemn someone for challenging my world view either.

Well, I for one am interested in saving your soul. I love you and the Lord loves you. If we aren't trying to save souls out of a general love of humankind, then we are making a mockery of Christ's sacrifice on the cross.

Hey Egor, re
"I love you and the Lord loves you."
MMMMMmmmmmm. You writing that surprises me.
Can you conceed that many of your posts over the last few months have been spewing hate and anger, even hinting at violence?
Can you conceed that people might be just a little...um...suspicious of your real emotions here?
For example, I doubt there are many people on this forum who'd feel comfortable living in the same suburb as you, let alone meeting you socially.

Keep being tolerant and pacifist...you'll make a lot more friends if you do.
14-04-2013, 11:25 PM
You know that ALWAYS gets you into trouble! Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
15-04-2013, 03:47 AM

(14-04-2013 09:50 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 12:00 AM)Egor Wrote:  Because it's one thing to be a Christian; it's another thing to be Christ.

You're deliberately using a different definition of "save" than I am. To clarify (I'll pretend that you truly didn't understand me), "Why aren't more Christians worried about our souls going to Hell and, knowing how easy it is to find souls going to Hell, doing everything they can to help us avoid that fate?"

Yeah, exactly. You can be a Christian, but that's not the same thing as being Christ--which is what Jesus Christ requires us to be. It's only as Christ that one finds the power and courage and love to deal with atheists--who, let's face it, can be pretty brutal to believers.
15-04-2013, 04:02 AM

(14-04-2013 09:58 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Hey Egor, re
"I love you and the Lord loves you."
MMMMMmmmmmm. You writing that surprises me.
Can you conceed that many of your posts over the last few months have been spewing hate and anger, even hinting at violence?

Don't be silly. Saying an atheist is going to hell is not hate or anger. It's truth, and it's avoidable, and there is power in being Christ--there is sanctification. Atheists, many of them anyway, are great thinkers. They are very close to the Kingdom of God. They just need a push. That's what I do--I push.

Quote:Can you conceed that people might be just a little...um...suspicious of your real emotions here?

"I love you, and the Lord loves you" is a line I picked up from the movie "The Apostle" with Robert Duvall. I thought it sounded great and really reflected the way I feel about people. So, like a good writer, I stole the line and now I use it. And I mean it when I say it.

Quote:For example, I doubt there are many people on this forum who's feel comfortable living in the same suburb as you, let alone meeting you socially.

There's an atheist in my Toastmasters club. He got up and did a table topics presentation on it. In fact, it was kind of funny, we had to try to guess who had written on the slip of paper that they were an atheist. One guy said, "I think it's Edward." Another member spoke up and said, "Uh...no, I guarantee it's not Edward."

When the guy gave his speech. I didn't think one way or the other. I thought he was an misinformed, but I thought that before I knew he was an atheist. I don't feel animosity towards him. And if we ever debate it would be very cordial and civil, because that's how I am in the 3D world. I'm a minister, a nurse, a martial artist, and ex-military. That allows me to be one of the most humble people you'll ever meet in person.

Quote:Keep being tolerant and pacifist...you'll make a lot more friends if you do.

I want to apologize for being mean to you in the past. I'm ashamed of that now. I won't back down--not ever; your soul is on the line. But I love you and the Lord loves you, and I really think I should treat you like the original creation God loved enough to incarnate into this world Down Under.

Shocking

And you don't have to believe that I really do care about you. It changes me just to tell you so. Hell, it changes the whole world.

Ed.
15-04-2013, 04:49 AM
(15-04-2013 04:02 AM)Egor Wrote:  Saying an atheist is going to hell is not hate or anger.

Yes, it is.

If god is fundamental monistic consciousness, then to deny god would be absurd. It would be like a hydrocarbon, a life form, denying carbon. The atheist does not deny god, the atheist denies dogma. The atheist denies the identity function applied to god by the theist.

You say there cannot be love and truth without god. The atheist knows love and truth. Ever stop to think that god can function without you and your definitions?

You base your faith on an antiquated death-cult, you put words into the mouth of a fictional character - Jesus - and you do this to satisfy your own need for purpose. A purpose full of hatred, and anger.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-04-2013, 08:25 AM
(15-04-2013 03:47 AM)Egor Wrote:  Yeah, exactly. You can be a Christian, but that's not the same thing as being Christ--which is what Jesus Christ requires us to be. It's only as Christ that one finds the power and courage and love to deal with atheists--who, let's face it, can be pretty brutal to believers.

I don't even know what to do with you. You still stereotype atheists after all this time, after all this interaction you've had with them. It saddens me that so many of them give you a bad impression of atheism. To be honest, they give me an equally bad impression -- it frustrates me when atheists act towards others in a way that they don't want to be treated. But it isn't atheism that makes them that way -- believers can be brutal to atheists, as well, but you haven't noticed because you haven't experienced it from this side (and also because your stereotype of Christians drives you to rationalize or deny hatred from Christians towards non-Christians).

But the main issue here is that you avoided my question a second time. I don't expect you to know why Christians aren't evangelizing because that group doesn't include you -- again, it would involve you seeing things from a point-of-view that you don't share, the point-of-view of Christians who couldn't care less about what happens to the souls of the unbelieving. If you don't know the answer, it might be best to not answer the question.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.