I've changed my opinion that theists are really just afraid to die.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
RE: I've changed my opinion that theists are really just afraid to die.
(07-02-2012 03:54 PM)germanyt Wrote:  You don't count, closet atheist.

This is becoming a meme -_-

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 05:21 PM
(07-02-2012 04:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 03:54 PM)germanyt Wrote:  You don't count, closet atheist.

This is becoming a meme -_-

Unfortunately.

Better without God, and happier too.
03-03-2012, 09:29 AM
(07-02-2012 04:36 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 01:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I've decided that what is really going on is they yearn for meaning in their lives and without God they feel it has none. This strong subconscious desire makes it nearly impossible for them to disbelieve. Any thoughts?

If you have not seen it, tonight you MUST (i command you) to rent or netflix "The Invention of Lying". Comedy by Ricky G that pretty much sums up your idea here.

Odd thing to worry about dying. I dont worry about dying...i worry about dying BADLY.
Not some freak accident and what not...nope.
Dying like my mom did with brain cancer. The kind that sends you into seizures, hallucinations and just plain ugliness. Thats what worries me, but no god can fix that.. as my mom was a believer and he left her high and dry.

Not to hijack your thread, but i am TOTALLY convinced all those that vote against the "Doctor Jack K" concepts of peaceful dying...have never had to look cancer in the eye and has never had a loved one eaten from the inside out.

D

----------------------------------------------------------------

Goodmorning, i was reading through entries and yours caught my attention obviously. I am sorry for your lost. God is very compassionate and merciful. He dosent want you to fear death. Thats why he sent jesus to die on the cross for our sins, worries, depression, anxiety, fear etc. Because, of him we are set free from them. In order to overcome this fear we must look forward to being with Jesus. May i ask why you worry about death? Because, I had the same worry for years .I constanly had racing thoughts and because of them I grew distant from the world. I was very cautious about what I did. God is capable of doing anything. (Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.) Isaiah 53:5 - But He (Jesus) was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquinties, that chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and WITH HIS STRIPS WE ARE HEALED. We must have FAITH that he will bring us through our darkest times unto the light of his GRACE. (Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.) I apoligize if I come off pushy and if I offend you.
Have a blessed morning.
03-03-2012, 10:28 AM
(03-03-2012 09:29 AM)Joyful123 Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 01:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I've decided that what is really going on is they yearn for meaning in their lives and without God they feel it has none. This strong subconscious desire makes it nearly impossible for them to disbelieve. Any thoughts?

If you have not seen it, tonight you MUST (i command you) to rent or netflix "The Invention of Lying". Comedy by Ricky G that pretty much sums up your idea here.

Odd thing to worry about dying. I dont worry about dying...i worry about dying BADLY.
Dying like my mom did with brain cancer. The kind that sends you into seizures, hallucinations and just plain ugliness. Thats what worries me, but no god can fix that.. as my mom was a believer and he left her high and dry.

Not to hijack your thread, but i am TOTALLY convinced all those that vote against the "Doctor Jack K" concepts of peaceful dying...have never had to look cancer in the eye and has never had a loved one eaten from the inside out.

D

Goodmorning, i was reading through entries and yours caught my attention obviously. I am sorry for your lost. God is very compassionate and merciful. He dosent want you to fear death. Thats why he sent jesus to die on the cross for our sins, worries, depression, anxiety, fear etc. Because, of him we are set free from them. In order to overcome this fear we must look forward to being with Jesus. May i ask why you worry about death? Because, I had the same worry for years .I constanly had racing thoughts and because of them I grew distant from the world. I was very cautious about what I did. God is capable of doing anything. (Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.) Isaiah 53:5 - But He (Jesus) was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquinties, that chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and WITH HIS STRIPS WE ARE HEALED. We must have FAITH that he will bring us through our darkest times unto the light of his GRACE. (Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.) I apoligize if I come off pushy and if I offend you.
Have a blessed morning.

Oh, this is going to be good!
[Image: scarjo_popcorn.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
03-03-2012, 11:05 AM
I agree about the assisted suicide. I am not scared of death at all, and actually, the body has some great defenses against feeling horrible. Plus we have things like hospice that can make you feel comfy. But, there are some forms of death I don't cherish facing, such as brain tumors (other types of cancer are not so bad), anything with pain that is too strong to be treated with meds (very rare) and degerative diseases that end in suffocating and such.

It is not death that sounds like a bad thing to me, it is some of the ways it can occur.

I think in the definitions of why people believe, fire and brimstone got left out. Some preachers rule through fear, they scare people half to death with their gloom and doom. Hence we have "god fearing" people.

Good morning, joyful. How are you today? Joyful, I hope.

You say:

"I constanly had racing thoughts and because of them I grew distant from the world. I was very cautious about what I did".

That sounds like a serious psychological affliction. Have you been seeing someone about it? Or did you use god as a band aid?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-03-2012, 11:28 AM
(03-03-2012 09:29 AM)Joyful123 Wrote:  

D

Have a blessed morning.

Methinks... adding insult to injury!

(pass along that popcorn, Erxomai, let's make ourselves comfortable)

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-03-2012, 05:11 PM
(03-03-2012 09:29 AM)Joyful123 Wrote:  ... and WITH HIS STRIPS WE ARE HEALED.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm a bigger fan of WITH HER STRIPS WE ARE HEALED.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-03-2012, 05:18 PM
(03-03-2012 05:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm a bigger fan of WITH HER STRIPS WE ARE HEALED.

Come on, Girly. While I agree with you, you can't go changing scripture like that. After all, that's the verse that gave us the great:

[Image: album-soldiers-under-command.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
03-03-2012, 05:23 PM
(03-03-2012 09:29 AM)Joyful123 Wrote:  Goodmorning, i was reading through entries and yours caught my attention obviously. I am sorry for your lost. God is very compassionate and merciful. He dosent want you to fear death. Thats why he sent jesus to die on the cross for our sins, worries, depression, anxiety, fear etc. Because, of him we are set free from them. In order to overcome this fear we must look forward to being with Jesus. May i ask why you worry about death? Because, I had the same worry for years .I constanly had racing thoughts and because of them I grew distant from the world. I was very cautious about what I did. God is capable of doing anything. (Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.) Isaiah 53:5 - But He (Jesus) was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquinties, that chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and WITH HIS STRIPS WE ARE HEALED. We must have FAITH that he will bring us through our darkest times unto the light of his GRACE. (Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.) I apoligize if I come off pushy and if I offend you.
Have a blessed morning.

Care to explain how you know any of that?
03-03-2012, 05:32 PM
(03-03-2012 05:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(03-03-2012 05:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Come on, Girly. While I agree with you, you can't go changing scripture like that.

Don't blame me, Joyful made the Freudian slip typo, not Girly.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post