I"ve got wood.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I"ve got wood.
Walnut, to be precise.

The neighbor had some logging done on his place last year -- and the logging company left four 20 inch diameter, 10 foot walnut logs laying on the ground. They sat there for almost a year -- so I asked the neighbor what he was going to do with it.... He didn't have any plans -- so I gave him 50 bucks for it.

I just got back from sawing it up. One of the guys that goes to breakfast every week with my dad, has a circular blade saw mill. It's an old contraption -- but he hooked it up on the PTO of his Massey Fergusson, and we went to work in this open garage, with the snow blowing through. Kind of fun, actually...

My trailer is out in the yard with a stack, 4 foot wide, and almost 2 foot deep - of rough sawed planks. I have to get it stacked up in the barn with separators in the stack - air dry it for a year or so --- then it's going to get cut up, and made into kitchen cabinets.......I'll get some pictures when we get it stacked..

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-02-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: I"ve got wood.
Wow, your wood's huge Hobo
12-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Air dry for a whole year? Wow, is there any way to speed up that process? Maybe take a blow dryer to it? lol

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
12-02-2016, 12:16 PM
A year goes pretty quick..... I've got so many other projects going, it'll be that long before I even THINK about messing with it...

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.