I've never been depressed before... it sucks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 11:06 PM
RE: I've never been depressed before... it sucks.
Well, since I've been able to define the causes. I should have a solution to the problem by eliminating the causes, at least a few of them... I need to go back to school.

But I need to decide what for first... I've been on this step all my life.

It DOES piss me off though that I even NEED to go to college or university to get a decent job. I a couple years ago I taught myself calculus and how to do proofs, and I don't even like math!... I'm absolutely sure that I could self-teach and excel at almost anything, but the man says I need a piece of paper.

Well, I'm going to bed, to get an early start tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some things done. I'm making a list now.

I'm fine everybody. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 06:10 AM
(10-04-2013 11:06 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Well, since I've been able to define the causes. I should have a solution to the problem by eliminating the causes, at least a few of them... I need to go back to school.

It DOES piss me off though that I even NEED to go to college or university to get a decent job. I a couple years ago I taught myself calculus and how to do proofs, and I don't even like math!... I'm absolutely sure that I could self-teach and excel at almost anything, but the man says I need a piece of paper.

Well, I'm going to bed, to get an early start tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some things done. I'm making a list now.

You don't need to go to college/uni.

What about a trade? Then you can have your own business.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-04-2013, 01:51 PM
(10-04-2013 11:06 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Well, since I've been able to define the causes. I should have a solution to the problem by eliminating the causes, at least a few of them... I need to go back to school.

It's great that you want to work toward improving your life, but I still think you should consider seeing a counselor and/or a psychiatrist. I used to tell my friends and family that I didn't want treatment because my depression was environmental. I thought I could just change my life and my depression would go away. I didn't realize that it would be so difficult to affect change while depressed. I had a few counseling sessions, established some healthy habits, reexamined the way I was treating myself, and started an antidepressant (Mirtazapine/Remeron). I feel much better now. I'm doing better at work and I'm enrolling in some classes.

I'm so sorry for your health problems and your regrets. They sound really difficult. I hope you can learn to be kind to yourself and feel good about your life in spite of your problems. I know it isn't easy, but accepting help can make it much easier. Don't think of it as a weakness. Asking for help with depression is a mature and responsible decision.
11-04-2013, 02:23 PM
I don't know... I think now that I have NOTHING to do to waste time (no friends, no workouts, no interest in games, etc), I'm going to finally look for something in the future. I've always been a NOW kinda guy... I'd do things for today, and that would keep me content. I've got to start doing things for tomorrow. I've got nothing else to waste time on anymore, so I might as well do some research and get things started.
11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
(11-04-2013 06:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  

You don't need to go to college/uni.

Do you know any trades for a guy who occasionally can't open a can or use a screwdriver without painful cramps?...
11-04-2013, 03:33 PM
You sound pissed...that's not a criticism, just an observation.

Sometimes being angry at the situation is a good motivator to take some steps forward.

I woke up today to find out that my arms and hands aren't going to cooperate again. So for , who knows how long, I have to adjust to the fact that I will drop half of what I try to pick up. I'll avoid glass and I don't want to fling sugar all over my kitchen again. And life goes on.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
11-04-2013, 03:41 PM
(11-04-2013 03:16 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 06:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  You don't need to go to college/uni.

Do you know any trades for a guy who occasionally can't open a can or use a screwdriver without painful cramps?...

Depends on how occasionally.Consider

Electronics/computer repair and service.

11-04-2013, 04:54 PM
(11-04-2013 03:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You sound pissed...that's not a criticism, just an observation.

Sometimes being angry at the situation is a good motivator to take some steps forward.

I woke up today to find out that my arms and hands aren't going to cooperate again. So for , who knows how long, I have to adjust to the fact that I will drop half of what I try to pick up. I'll avoid glass and I don't want to fling sugar all over my kitchen again. And life goes on.

It seems to me that men usually get angry when they're depressed. This seems to be the case with me and my father anyway.
11-04-2013, 05:14 PM
So do I after I get past the fetal position stage.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
11-04-2013, 05:17 PM
(11-04-2013 05:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So do I after I get past the fetal position stage.

Yeah, but how do you do that? Consider