I've never been depressed before... it sucks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2013, 05:47 PM

RE: I've never been depressed before... it sucks.
WeAreTheCosmos, I think it's very difficult to try to fix everyting at once. Finding a girlfriend when you're very depressed, as it sounds like you are, is not easy. I'm not sure you'd even want the girl who would come willingly into your life when you're down like that. She might have some serious issues.

If you're not depressed, and you have a job, and you're there for them 50/50 (not just for you), you will find a girlfriend because you're a young good looking guy. An anti-depressant will help, it could be a miracle drug for you, but they can be hard to get off of once you start them.

You're physical condition, I don't think you mentioned what it is. It sounds like some kind of arthritis. But you said there's no cure for it. If that's truly the case, then you need prayer. God will heal you, and I will pray for you and believe in wholehearted faith for your cure, but you have to have some faith, too, and God does nothing unconditionally. You will owe Him when all is said and done.

My website is in my sig, and there's a prayer request page. When you're ready--use it.

Until then, I wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Ed
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
11-04-2013, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 07:59 PM by Lienda Bella.)
Egor

Expecting some instant physical heal from prayer is like expecting the dating site to plop flowers onto one's lap from the ceiling. Trying to control your mood is good, but you know God doesn't say "yes" to a lot of people. Communicating with another human at least once a week, and then setting up a session together after time probably works faster.

(I'll of course end it here.)

Cosmos

Good luck. I hope you find a suitable position for yourself, and some nice friends to talk to.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 08:25 PM
(11-04-2013 05:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-04-2013 05:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So do I after I get past the fetal position stage.

Yeah, but how do you do that? Consider

By getting pissed enough! Hobo

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
11-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Surprisingly, Egor, I actually think there is some sincerity and compassion in your post.

Nice to see that from you.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
11-04-2013, 08:50 PM
To help the depression you should see somebody qualified, like a councillor or therapist.

To get career advice you should see a career advice councillor or life coach, most urban areas have some sort of outreach for this or there are numbers if you google.

For social needs, you do not need 'a friend that's a girl'. You need stability in yourself before an intimate or serious relationship. I understand loneliness though, I think we all do, and it's important to get out. Once a week can make huge and significant influence. Join a club or gym, something suitable to your physical needs. A hobby? Refer to therapist or councillor to help figure out an interest if you can't.

For your physical condition, I have friends with immunity compromising illnesses and that's tough! Try to manage your pain but do what you can do. Balance as much excercise with rest that you can and keep hydrated.

Most importantly, one day at a time! The bigger picture can get overwhelming so focus on small steps.

Smile
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
11-04-2013, 11:01 PM

(11-04-2013 07:51 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  Egor

Expecting some instant physical heal from prayer is like expecting the dating site to plop flowers onto one's lap from the ceiling.

Well, fortunately, you're not the one who needs a miracle.

(11-04-2013 08:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Surprisingly, Egor, I actually think there is some sincerity and compassion in your post.

Nice to see that from you.

Thank you, and you would be right. I never joke about praying for others--never.
12-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Considering the power of prayer is non existent it's easy for you say you're serious about prayer. It's an easy means of telling yourself you're doing something helpful without actually having to do something helpful.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
12-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Its not a compromised immune system... Not in the sense that it is failing at its job or anything. Its doing its job, but it seems to have added a few too many things to its list. Somewhere along the way I caught a virus that appeared similar to a component of the myelin coating the neurons in my brain. When my system fought this virus, it added it to the list... But occasionally it gets a bit over excited and when it does, it mistakes the myelin for the virus and attacks. In some cases, autoimmune disorders are treated with immune suppressing drugs.

And as far as dating goes... I was listed as looking for a friend. And I deactivated my account. I'm not selfish enough to start a relationship without being able to give what my partner deserves...
12-04-2013, 01:31 AM

(12-04-2013 12:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Considering the power of prayer is non existent it's easy for you say you're serious about prayer. It's an easy means of telling yourself you're doing something helpful without actually having to do something helpful.

Oh yeah? What do you do when there's nothing else that can be done? I pray, and I've seen it work. You haven't, so you have nothing to say about it. When there's nothing else to be done, all you can do is walk away and feel good that it's not you.

So, you have nothing to add here. You've done all you can do.
12-04-2013, 01:35 AM
(11-04-2013 05:47 PM)Egor Wrote:  WeAreTheCosmos, I think it's very difficult to try to fix everyting at once. Finding a girlfriend when you're very depressed, as it sounds like you are, is not easy. I'm not sure you'd even want the girl who would come willingly into your life when you're down like that. She might have some serious issues.

If you're not depressed, and you have a job, and you're there for them 50/50 (not just for you), you will find a girlfriend because you're a young good looking guy. An anti-depressant will help, it could be a miracle drug for you, but they can be hard to get off of once you start them.

You're physical condition, I don't think you mentioned what it is. It sounds like some kind of arthritis. But you said there's no cure for it. If that's truly the case, then you need prayer. God will heal you, and I will pray for you and believe in wholehearted faith for your cure, but you have to have some faith, too, and God does nothing unconditionally. You will owe Him when all is said and done.

My website is in my sig, and there's a prayer request page. When you're ready--use it.

Until then, I wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Ed

You seem very nice. Why do you have -22 rep?

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”