I've never had an addiction but sometimes I feel like religion was

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-08-2012, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2012 11:27 PM by nach_in.)
RE: I've never had an addiction but sometimes I feel like religion was
I didn't suffer the same as you, I found the things that helped me cope with the world before I completely lost my faith so I had somewhere to start. I read a few things about uncertainty and how it permeates everything, not in a quantum theory point of view, from a more human "we can't know everything even if we had all the information available" way, and the idea of trying to embrace this uncertainty was really cool, I live with some kind of anxiety now, but not the bad one, that kind of anxiety we feel before an adventure but that's everyday.

If you don't know how you should feel, improvise, experiment with your own emotions and surely you'll find out you're better at coping with life than you credit yourself for Big Grin

About your kids, how's your husband about all this? is he atheist also? if yes, then you both could try to help your kids experiment also, in a more controlled/safe way of course. If not, then you both should try to discuss how you wish your kids to be raised.

In any case, kids are resilient, so don't be scared to plant some doubt seed in them, it will probably do more good than bad to them...

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've never had an addiction but sometimes I feel like religion was - nach_in - 30-08-2012 11:20 PM