I've never played a pc game. Where to begin?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2017, 07:50 PM
RE: I've never played a pc game. Where to begin?
Well that's a complicating question.

I will say that Rimworld has had me hooked for about the past 6 months. Minimal graphics but pretty in depth gameplay. You build a colony on a random earth-like planet. Lots of survival type stuff to do and bandits will raid your colony once in a while. Lots of fun!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
17-03-2017, 10:59 PM
(17-03-2017 04:11 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Slightly off topic here, but ya'll might appreciate this. When the game Diablo came out, I bought a new video card with my allowance, upgraded the PC, installed it, and LOVED IT....

One day my dad saw the box it came in and got super pissed. He came in screaming "YOU KNOW WHATS ON THE FRONT OF THIS BOX?" I was like... yes... diablo. The lord of destruction.....

He raved for hours about this beat me up, threw away the game.

Little did he know that I had ripped myself a backup copy knowing he would do this (which is legal, back then there was no DRM so it was also easy). I continued to play Diablo whenever I wanted.

Did he not understand that the point of the game was to KILL Diablo?

Not worship him, not help him. But rather to cut a bloody path to his throne and disembowel him?

Fuck, people can be dumb as hell. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-03-2017, 11:27 PM
Going through my game list, I happen upon a game I would recommend. It's called Gyromancer. It's a puzzle/rpg by Square Enix and Pop Cap.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-03-2017, 11:36 PM
I'll just tell you my favorites -- both old school -- Total Annihiation, and Red Baron II 3D.

The first is a real-time strategy game where you exploit resources to build an industrial base and military to crush your opponent before he does the same to you.

The second is a WWI flight sim that, with its updates, maintains a sense of challenge. Decent AI, and lord help you if you stumble upon an ace ... you'll have your hands full for a few seconds fighting him, and then if you're lucky a few more trying to land your crippled crate.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-03-2017, 01:20 AM
First, thanks again everyone. Smile

(17-03-2017 05:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't bother with a gaming console.
Just let us know what hardware your computer has. CPU, GPU, RAM and operating system.

If you're unsure the easiest way is to open run (from start menu or press the windows key plus R), type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. This will open the device management program. Than what you're looking for is processor (CPU), Display Adapters (GPU aka graphics card) and than for RAM the easiest way is right click on your task bar, Task Manager and than click the performance tab and than click memory and that will tell you your RAM (it's along the top next to the title 'Memory').

If we know your computer specs we can inform you on what games would work.
For example, it's no good telling you play CivV when your computer isn't very good because it wont run or will be very laggy and un-enjoyable. It might be better to start with an older Civ game for example like Civ4 or even Civ3.

[Image: 200.webp#2]

I am too tired now after drumming all day. I will follow your instructions tomorrow. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.