I waited all day for this...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2012, 07:57 PM
I waited all day for this...
Woman here in Dallas drowned her one year old...at least that's what they thought. As the day wore on and I heard the updates...yes she did, she admitted it. She was arrested.

This evening they announced that she is giving jailhouse interviews to the media stating that she had been receiving messages from Yahweh telling her to kill her son. And apparently felt that she must obey the directive.

I knew it was coming...if the Christian god is showing up now and then to talk to people, why is always telling women to kill their kids? Oh FFS.

The things done in the name of a god. SMH.

This just infuriates me.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
07-09-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: I waited all day for this...
... cos the christian god hates women.

I thought you knew that.

"Suffer little children..."
Matthew 19:14

07-09-2012, 08:08 PM
(07-09-2012 07:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Woman here in Dallas drowned her one year old...at least that's what they thought. As the day wore on and I heard the updates...yes she did, she admitted it. She was arrested.

This evening they announced that she is giving jailhouse interviews to the media stating that she had been receiving messages from Yahweh telling her to kill her son. And apparently felt that she must obey the directive.

I knew it was coming...if the Christian god is showing up now and then to talk to people, why is always telling women to kill their kids? Oh FFS.

The things done in the name of a god. SMH.

This just infuriates me.

Huge danger Anje; at least when we deal with reasonably sane humans, we have something of a chance, but that sort of stuff is spiritual feral madness...Shocking
07-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Guess I am three up...I let mine live.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Why not ask Ambassador of Christ why Jesus lets this happen?
The same Jesus that apparently loves us.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
07-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Please, no, not that, anything but that.

I don't want to ask for reliobabble. We seem to get enough without requesting it.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-09-2012, 10:43 PM
When my mother had her first schizophrenic episode in 1984, she thought Jehovah told her to throw away a whole crapload of stuff, some of which was mine, because it was the reason for the "demon hauntings" she thought she was experiencing. In all truth, I'm probably pretty lucky my grandparents and aunt and uncle caught what was happening as early on as they did. I get the feeling grumpy old Jehovah would have told her to sacrifice me at some point. No joke there... Confused

She admitted she once had a delusion that I was the Messiah!

At least now her delusions revolve around make-believe prince charmings instead of a sky daddy and demons. Dodgy
09-09-2012, 10:45 PM
That's just awful...and people ask what the fuck is wrong with their religion...

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
09-09-2012, 10:49 PM
(07-09-2012 08:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Please, no, not that, anything but that.

I don't want to ask for reliobabble. We seem to get enough without requesting it.

He'd simply commit the no true Scott's man fallacy, and quote some random passage out of the bible hahaha.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
09-09-2012, 11:17 PM
I had been acquainted with schizophrenia for a few years because a friend's son developed it after a traumatic brain injury. His behavior always made me suspected there might be some connection with delusions, often specifically religious in nature.

For many years before that, I thought there might be something wrong with my brain because I didn't believe or have a religion.

In my opinion, any kind of brain issue or abnormality can trigger those kind of religious delusions. I think that even severe, chronic depression might also trigger enough of an abnormality to do so as well - although I know of no study showing a connection to depression... I'm still looking.

However... I think we all saw this study from earlier in the year. It's practically proof that religion is not normal. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post