I wanna unbabtize > gimme ideas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2016, 06:00 AM
RE: I wanna unbabtize > gimme ideas
Isn't this an un-baptizing ceremony?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
11-09-2016, 06:11 AM
Three hotties and a hot tub. By the time the water's polluted you'll be saved from being saved. Angel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
11-09-2016, 09:01 AM
You dress up like a driud. The Mr. like a wizard, complete with hat and an Elder Wand. Your friend, with a mop on their head to help channel the noodles, helps you into a kiddie pool where they pour vegetable oil on you (since oil and water don't mix). The Mr. reads passages from the God Delusion and your friend from some Sagan. To complete the ritual, you then sacrifice a Cabbage Patch doll in cleansing fire in the name of Socrates. You then have the obligatory orgy afterwards to cleanse the soul that isn't there.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
11-09-2016, 09:16 AM
(10-09-2016 08:40 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  A spaghetti bath.

see that's working with my tomato juice. Maybe substitute ragu. Cases of ragu pasta sauce. Be the pasta!
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
11-09-2016, 09:18 AM
(11-09-2016 04:38 AM)Steve Dutch Wrote:  There's all kind of fun stuff you can do to celebrate. And getting that prove of debaptization sure was a good reason for me.
Unregister from the church as a christian is easy but for the debaptization you need to dig a little deeper. Funny thing is that all the priests and whatever I had to write to and talk to where very helpfull and never tried to convince me to stay, so kuddo's for them. Now have the official paper and next step is getting rid of my christian first names. That means going to court and will cost me. Get a new passport, driver license, etc with the new name will also be costly but it is already feeling good working on it. When that is done the real celebration will take place, probably involving some alcohol and nudity.

wow Steve you are serious! What do you want us to call you? Might as well make the change here.
11-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Really though --

Why bother???

The baptism didn't do anything in the first place - so "undoing it" seems a bit redundant....

It's sorta the equivalent of walking under a ladder - freaking out - and walking back under it backwards to undo the "damage done"....

Why give superstition any credit???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-09-2016, 11:34 AM
Quote:Three hotties and a hot tub. By the time the water's polluted you'll be saved from being saved. Angel
Oh yes!!! Please lead me into temptation!

Quote:Really though --
Why bother???
The baptism didn't do anything in the first place - so "undoing it" seems a bit redundant....
1. Because when it was done, it meant A LOT and it is more kinda defiance I would say. To be like "yea and now officially fuck you". Feels relieving and good for some people.
2. As a fun bonding experience with like minded friends.

Wow Steve, you are diving right into it there huh? For me it was just leaving the church, back when I lived in Germany. Outside Germany, no one has given a fuck whether or not I am registered for a church and in the census I answered "none" twice so far. Feels good enough really. I wanna do the unbabtizing for the fun of it and because I wanna officially show faith my middle finger.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
11-09-2016, 11:43 AM
(11-09-2016 11:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Really though --

Why bother???

It's the symbolism. The first time was a symbolism of washing away your sins and being accepted into the church. The second is symbolic of embracing your "sins" and telling the church to go get bent.

The woo has nothing to do with it. Nobody expects any actual physical effects.

It is a celebration of your freedom from the chains of dogma and a damned fine excuse for a hedonistic party.

Almost makes me wish I'd been dunked. I would definitely use sodium.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
11-09-2016, 12:07 PM
(10-09-2016 05:11 PM)skyking Wrote:  stronk all right, I can smell you way over here. Tongue
I had a great idea! requires suiting up in a bathing suit and tomato juice, just like washing off skunk smell Big Grin
Say some unholy words backwards, maybe serve some cake and ice cream. I dunno, I am in verbal diarrhea mode.

Visit "The Not Quite Right Reverend Debaucher." Wish I was close enuff to join in on your ceremony, but though I know I am far away, where is it going to be?
11-09-2016, 01:10 PM
(10-09-2016 05:05 PM)Leela Wrote:  Ooooh this guy just made his introduction post here, Steve Dutch, and it reminded me that I wanted to get officially de-baptized and whatchamacallit... unsanctified Big Grin

Gotta get rid of all that holiness from being a Catholic AND a witch. The holiness is stronk in me Big Grin

So I wanna make it a big thing to shake it off properly Big Grin But I don't have good ideas.

My good friend is returning to the city in two weeks, maybe I can have her join the fun. My mr will surely join it.
Maybe a few other people I know who are up for that kind of fun Big Grin Can make it a group thing lol

But I want some silly stupid rituals just like when it was done to make me all holy and shit back then Big Grin

I heard of that student club that was unbabtizing people with a hair drier. That would be fun.
And some fun words that we can mutter and giggle about Big Grin

If anybody has ideas for that, I am all ears... or eyes... or well I only have two eyes so I am practially not ALLLL ears... or eyes... but who cares.
Tell me your fun ideas plox. Big Grin

cheers
R.

You'll need an unbaptismal gown. The sluttier the better. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post