I want God to exist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: I want God to exist.
(27-02-2013 08:06 PM)Rosetta Wrote:  Make up an imaginary friend Tongue then you will have the same thing they have
You can always make up an imaginary friend, try and act reasonably decently...................
.........then one day, who knows, there may be a better something really,after all. Thumbsup

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
27-02-2013, 08:16 PM
(27-02-2013 07:56 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 06:01 PM)tonyst Wrote:  I'm dealing a lot right now, and I want God to exist.
What are you dealing? Consider
I've been in the hospital with some personal issues.
27-02-2013, 08:17 PM
(27-02-2013 08:15 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 08:06 PM)Rosetta Wrote:  Make up an imaginary friend Tongue then you will have the same thing they have
You can always make up an imaginary friend, try and act reasonably decently...................
.........then one day, who knows, there may be a better something really,after all. Thumbsup
HAHAHA!!!! I might have to do that. LOL!
[+] 1 user Likes tonyst's post
27-02-2013, 08:20 PM
(27-02-2013 07:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 06:01 PM)tonyst Wrote:  This is my first time on this message board. Recently, I called myself
an atheist because I believe there is no god, but I don't know if I am
now. I'm dealing a lot right now, and I want God to exist.
Specifically, I want the Christian God to exist. I'm afraid of the
after life, and I don't want to be wrong, while at the same time, I
don't want this life to be it. I'm pretty sure someone here has posted
something like this on the message board, but I need some help. Have some advice or sites I can visit. I'm open to anything.
The whole idea of god is very mysterious.
People who do their best, within their understanding, and try to be honest to themselves, can always look to some form of betterment, we are incapable of understanding.
Just because some so called Christians write of eternal suffering, look within yourself, and don't be afraid
Even in what seems a very unthinking/unkind cosmos, many things are still possible. Smile
So, are you saying God is possible? Or am I misinterpreting?
27-02-2013, 08:33 PM
(27-02-2013 08:20 PM)tonyst Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 07:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The whole idea of god is very mysterious.
People who do their best, within their understanding, and try to be honest to themselves, can always look to some form of betterment, we are incapable of understanding.
Just because some so called Christians write of eternal suffering, look within yourself, and don't be afraid
Even in what seems a very unthinking/unkind cosmos, many things are still possible. Smile
So, are you saying God is possible? Or am I misinterpreting?
There are a lot of religious people, of all faiths, claiming to be right and often causing a lot of bother in the world.
I believe that religions contain both good and bad advice which is subject to interpretation;a lot of really silly stuff as well.
Who am I to say a good and higher Being is totally impossible? I don't follow any religion or dogma, but I am open as to possibilities. In other words I am a possibility thinker re the potential of cosmic matters.

All the best with your health problems and I hope you enjoy the forum.

Sticks and stones may break my bones
but names will never hurt me~~~~~
Cooyon WillieLaughat
04-03-2013, 12:06 PM
(27-02-2013 06:01 PM)tonyst Wrote:  Have some advice or sites I can visit. I'm open to anything.
Pray to God and ask him to show you that he exists. God has promised that anyone who seeks him will find him. But you must be prepared to do his will if he does reveal himself to you.

You might also find some help if you visit a Christian forum.

God's invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2013, 02:07 PM
I very much agree that I want God to exist, but I can't imagine why you would want the Christian god. He's an asshole. If He is real then 2/3 of the world's population will burn in fire forever, overall that's infinitely worse than if there is no god at all.

But a god in general? A god that is truly worthy of the title "God"? I think anyone who doesn't want that is delusional. A being that could send everyone to Heaven and make death nothing to fear, it truly is an awesome concept to behold.

There are two ways to look at this. 1) You are your own god. You're responsible for your own actions. Your life is not a story in God's book that is completely irrelevant because it's in the past. Instead, your life is EVERYTHING. Every decision you make and path that you choose is going to determine the fate of your existence. You're in control of your destiny and THIS life, not the next, is the most precious thing you will ever know.

2) Maybe some day, through science, humans will create God. He won't be an angry caveman that hates gays and punishes people for not believing in Him. He will just be a self-replicating machine that expands throughout the entire universe until He controls all of it, increasing his intelligence to a trillion trillion times that of a human... then He will create Heaven. Problem solved.
08-03-2013, 08:21 PM
(27-02-2013 08:17 PM)tonyst Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 08:15 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  You can always make up an imaginary friend, try and act reasonably decently.......then one day, who knows, there may be a better something really,after all. Thumbsup
HAHAHA!!!! I might have to do that. LOL!

You haven't already? Shit I got like 4.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
08-03-2013, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 09:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-03-2013 12:06 PM)theophilus Wrote:  Pray to God and ask him to show you that he exists. God has promised that anyone who seeks him will find him.

And do you seek within or without?

(04-03-2013 12:06 PM)theophilus Wrote:  But you must be prepared to do his will if he does reveal himself to you.

Yeah, right, his will queues up just like the rest. ManlyGirly prioritizes the queue.

(27-02-2013 06:01 PM)tonyst Wrote:  I'm afraid of the after life, and I don't want to be wrong, while at the same time, I don't want this life to be it.

There ain't no afterlife. This is it. Your mission if you decide to accept it, is to fully understand, appreciate, and eventually embrace that. ... Nah, that's just Girly drunk talking. ... But I do seriously have a shitload of practice at that so if you need any tips, I can help.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
08-03-2013, 08:47 PM
If there really is a god, then he/she would understand if you questioned it. I like to believe that a person who listens to themselves and trusts their own decisions, then they aren't "wrong" or making ANY kind of "wrong decision/choice."

It's good to ask questions and wonder about the unknown. I'm concerned about people blindly following a faith just "because" or if they were told to or that's all they've known their whole lives.

Everything is going to be okay, no matter if you choose to believe in a god or not Smile

Stay strong, tonyst.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King