I want God to exist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2013, 09:19 PM
RE: I want God to exist.
(08-03-2013 08:47 PM)Peanut Wrote:  If there really is a god, then he/she would understand if you questioned it. I like to believe that a person who listens to themselves and trusts their own decisions, then they aren't "wrong" or making ANY kind of "wrong decision/choice."

It's good to ask questions and wonder about the unknown. I'm concerned about people blindly following a faith just "because" or if they were told to or that's all they've known their whole lives.

Everything is going to be okay, no matter if you choose to believe in a god or not Smile

Stay strong, tonyst.
I agree with you.

I think that following religious doctrines by rote is ridiculous
If we do not feel strongly about how we act, simply following religious
instruction for personal gain, then this smacks of hypocrisy.
We need to look at how our our actions relate to that which we are able to perceive.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2013, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 09:35 AM by Lienda Bella.)
That's your business if you want that. I sure don't want him to be real. Without the bible to show all that he did, he's still this creator that puts thousands of children into terrible lives (how ever long that may be).

Yatta yatta bluh bluh
11-03-2013, 10:22 AM
(27-02-2013 06:01 PM)tonyst Wrote:  This is my first time on this message board. Recently, I called myself
an atheist because I believe there is no god, but I don't know if I am
now. I'm dealing a lot right now, and I want God to exist.
Specifically, I want the Christian God to exist. I'm afraid of the
after life, and I don't want to be wrong, while at the same time, I
don't want this life to be it. I'm pretty sure someone here has posted
something like this on the message board, but I need some help. Have some advice or sites I can visit. I'm open to anything.
I want God to exist too. I want to hold Him/Her/It accountable for all the bad crap that goes on in this world. I want some omnipotent/ omniscient being who could stop all the bad and yet does nothing to stand before my judgement and explain his lack of intervention. I want to convict this malignancy for everything and all things that are wrong with this world and then stake the entity with dirty old piece of rotten wood. I might urinate down the being's throat just to show my contempt.
Why worry about the afterlife? The afterlife is either the greatest adventure of all (as Timothy Leary classically said as he left us) or there is nothing. Either way, it does not matter to you right now, today. Worry about today, right now and let tomorrow take care of itself. Its coming this way whether you worry about it or not.
11-03-2013, 10:57 AM
(27-02-2013 06:01 PM)tonyst Wrote:  This is my first time on this message board. Recently, I called myself
an atheist because I believe there is no god, but I don't know if I am
now. I'm dealing a lot right now, and I want God to exist.
Specifically, I want the Christian God to exist. I'm afraid of the
after life, and I don't want to be wrong, while at the same time, I
don't want this life to be it. I'm pretty sure someone here has posted
something like this on the message board, but I need some help. Have some advice or sites I can visit. I'm open to anything.
I will start this post by saying I am an atheist. However, I did go through this exact same thing some years ago and know how hard it is. I'm not here to sway you one way or the other, and I don't think you should listen to the opinions of anyone else. What helped me was to research the topic myself. Agnostics are often very confused and while you do not deny god (maybe in hopes of his approval if he did exist), it is also hard to come out and call religion what it really is-bullshit. I think as long as you have good morals and values, who cares if god exists. If he does and you are living a good life, he will see that and let you in heaven. If he doesn't exist, you can feel good about yourself in knowing that you are living a positive life and touching the lives of others. Again, this is not how I think now as I have researched and come to an educated conclusion....but this is the way of thinking that worked for me during my struggle until I was confident to choose my position.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
16-03-2013, 07:49 AM
You know, it's when people are struggling that they want something like god to exist. I was indoctrinated to "give it away to god" and all that did was frustrate me when I was still depressed, anxious, suicidal, etc., but I was trying to pour everything out to the god I once believed in. Well no shit it didn't help; you can't pray away a chemical imbalance--meditation to understand feelings is one thing, asking a sky-man to make sadness go away is less than therapeutic. Also, it didn't help me to hear about how god is so great and I, mere human, am an unworthy sinner who deserves hell no matter what good or bad I do in this life...unless I accept vast impossibilities and bullshit and contradictions and Jesus. Telling someone who is depressed and anxious that they are no good, evil, etc. is a such a crime against humanity. As is telling someone how horrible they are and leading them into a depression. Tony, I am good without a god, and so are you. The greatest tragedy is throwing this life away for religion. There is nothing after we die except death. Our reward is this life. We treat people well and we love and feel human emotion and struggle and fight and do good and make mistakes. And then we leave a legacy, we leave people who love us and who miss us and can tell great stories about that funny/crazy/awesome/strange thing we did, and how we had hearts of gold and were always willing to help.

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
[+] 1 user Likes darthbreezy's post