I want to be buried naked!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2013, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2013 01:45 AM by f stop.)
I want to be buried naked!
Seriously. Why should a perfectly good suit be buried in the ground with me to rot along side me when it could be given to Goodwill to clothe someone who is still alive?

Naked came I into this world ...

Humans arrived on Earth on 22 October 4004 B.C. A few of us are still trying to repair the ship.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like f stop's post
21-03-2013, 06:30 PM
RE: I want to be buried naked!
Why would you want to take up valuable land space?

I'm gonna be ashes thrown in the ocean Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 4 users Like aurora's post
21-03-2013, 06:38 PM
(21-03-2013 06:30 PM)aurora Wrote:  Why would you want to take up valuable land space?

So do I but I heard you HAVE to buy a coffin first before being cremated? What a waste and expense! I would prefer a pine box like in Jewish ceremonies instead of those expensive, ostentatious ones.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
21-03-2013, 06:48 PM
(21-03-2013 06:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 06:30 PM)aurora Wrote:  Why would you want to take up valuable land space?

So do I but I heard you HAVE to buy a coffin first before being cremated? What a waste and expense! I would prefer a pine box like in Jewish ceremonies instead of those expensive, ostentatious ones.
No you don't. Go to the Neptune society and arrange for your disposal for around $100 (not sure if it's still that price, but it's dirt cheap in comparison to anything else). They will pick you up anyplace in the world, cremate you, put you in a little box and then do with it whatever you say. You can have the ashes released to your relatives or have them scattered some place.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-03-2013, 06:51 PM

I'm not sure about that, FC. You can always make your own coffin!

[Image: coffin2_zpsa5c1730d.jpg]

[Image: coffin1_zpsd41e87df.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
21-03-2013, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 07:11 PM by aurora.)
(21-03-2013 06:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 06:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  So do I but I heard you HAVE to buy a coffin first before being cremated? What a waste and expense! I would prefer a pine box like in Jewish ceremonies instead of those expensive, ostentatious ones.
No you don't. Go to the Neptune society and arrange for your disposal for around $100 (not sure if it's still that price, but it's dirt cheap in comparison to anything else). They will pick you up anyplace in the world, cremate you, put you in a little box and then do with it whatever you say. You can have the ashes released to your relatives or have them scattered some place.
They're not in Oz Weeping

Edit: Found this...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/funeral-serv...-8edy3.htm

Good and bad reports...

21-03-2013, 07:11 PM
its the body farm for me. if im naked that will be fine by me. not sure how anyone else might feel....
21-03-2013, 07:19 PM

No you don't. Some crematoriums place the corpse in a bag and then the burning begins.

Funeral pyres are also legal in some parts of the US. DIY cremations!
21-03-2013, 07:23 PM
I've always thought an elaborate pyre would be nice. An afternoon party and then the lighting at sunset. Unfortunately it's not legal here. Sad
21-03-2013, 07:34 PM
(21-03-2013 07:19 PM)Juv Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 06:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  So do I but I heard you HAVE to buy a coffin first before being cremated? What a waste and expense! I would prefer a pine box like in Jewish ceremonies instead of those expensive, ostentatious ones.
No you don't. Some crematoriums place the corpse in a bag and then the burning begins.

Funeral pyres are also legal in some parts of the US. DIY cremations!
Sure enough pyres are allowed in some places
http://thefuneralsite.wordpress.com/2009...n-the-usa/
but I don't want to join any group that would have me as a member Big Grin

I have just been acquainted with the Funeral Rule. Says I can provide my own casket!
http://www.ask.com/wiki/Funeral_Rule

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce