I want to be buried naked!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2013, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2013 07:49 PM by Dom.)
RE: I want to be buried naked!
(21-03-2013 06:55 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 06:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  No you don't. Go to the Neptune society and arrange for your disposal for around $100 (not sure if it's still that price, but it's dirt cheap in comparison to anything else). They will pick you up anyplace in the world, cremate you, put you in a little box and then do with it whatever you say. You can have the ashes released to your relatives or have them scattered some place.
They're not in Oz Weeping

Edit: Found this...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/funeral-serv...-8edy3.htm

Good and bad reports...

Well, my report is good. When my husband passed, the cops called the neptune society for me (they call whoever you say) and within the hour people showed up to pick him up. He was cremated within 2 days and the remains were returned to me (because that's what we had arranged). I asked to have them in an urn and not a box since he wanted to be scattered in the rose garden and it was Christmas day and snowed in, and they did that at a small extra charge.
They saved me a ton of money and a lot of grief. You do NOT want to deal with slimy funeral directors when someone you love dies.

I just read all of the reports from the link you provided, and it turns out that "The complaints are about Neptune Society of California. This is not the Nation wide company called the Neptune Society. They are two different companies".

So the Neptune society had nothing to do with it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
21-03-2013, 07:47 PM
(21-03-2013 07:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 06:55 PM)aurora Wrote:  They're not in Oz Weeping

Edit: Found this...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/funeral-serv...-8edy3.htm

Good and bad reports...

Well, my report is good. When my husband passed, the cops called the neptune society for me (they call whoever you say) and within the hour people showed up to pick him up. He was cremated within 2 days and the remains were returned to me (because that's what we had arranged). I asked to have them in an urn and not a box since he wanted to be scattered in the rose garden, and they did that at a small extra charge.
They saved me a ton of money and a lot of grief. You do NOT want to deal with slimy funeral directors when someone you love dies.
From the looks of it, most of the reviews are good. I suppose you'll always be able to a find bad one as not everything goes to plan ever. I'm glad it worked for you Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
21-03-2013, 07:48 PM
My hope is that they'll simply never find me. Undecided It's eco-friendly, and it spares everyone the unthinkable nonsense involved in a funeral and subsequent disposal of the body.

It's the best way, I think. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2013, 07:55 PM
(21-03-2013 07:47 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 07:42 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, my report is good. When my husband passed, the cops called the neptune society for me (they call whoever you say) and within the hour people showed up to pick him up. He was cremated within 2 days and the remains were returned to me (because that's what we had arranged). I asked to have them in an urn and not a box since he wanted to be scattered in the rose garden, and they did that at a small extra charge.
From the looks of it, most of the reviews are good. I suppose you'll always be able to a find bad one as not everything goes to plan ever. I'm glad it worked for you Smile
Well, after reading all that stuff I edited my post above to say that it is about "the Neptune Society of California" which is not the same company as "the Neptune Society" at all. So whatever negative things there were, they were about a separate California company. The Neptune Society has been around forever and has a great reputation, and this is not my first time dealing with them. Some 20 years ago a good friend of mine died of Leukemia and I was handling his affairs, and he also had contracted the Neptune Society. Everything went smoothly then, too.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-03-2013, 07:57 PM
(21-03-2013 07:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 07:47 PM)aurora Wrote:  From the looks of it, most of the reviews are good. I suppose you'll always be able to a find bad one as not everything goes to plan ever. I'm glad it worked for you Smile
Well, after reading all that stuff I edited my post above to say that it is about "the Neptune Society of California" which is not the same company as "the Neptune Society" at all. So whatever negative things there were, they were about a separate California company. The Neptune Society has been around forever and has a great reputation, and this is not my first time dealing with them. Some 20 years ago a good friend of mine died of Leukemia and I was handling his affairs, and he also had contracted the Neptune Society. Everything went smoothly then, too.
Sorry, didn't pick that up Undecided

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
21-03-2013, 08:39 PM
(21-03-2013 07:23 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I've always thought an elaborate pyre would be nice. An afternoon party and then the lighting at sunset. Unfortunately it's not legal here. Sad

I agree wholeheartedly.

Say, if I'm evenheathen, does that make you odd?
21-03-2013, 11:17 PM
(21-03-2013 06:30 PM)aurora Wrote:  Why would you want to take up valuable land space?

I'm gonna be ashes thrown in the ocean Thumbsup
Why would you waste all that valuable animal and grub food?

If it were possible, I'd have my body left in the deep woods, and my head frozen... Unfortunately, by having my head frozen, the body disposal is then quite limited by the law.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
22-03-2013, 10:43 AM
I wanna be recycled - with a pic of my Gwynnies. Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
18-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Do I have to be buried in a coffin? Would it not be better to be buried naked and near a tree or something growing so that our bodies can nourish it? Coffins take an eternity and a half to decompose... well, depending on what it is made of. Either way, I find it to be a waste. From the earth we came and to the earth we return, and ultimately, back into the cosmos.

[Image: tumblr_mkm9ujpxso1qbdwsho1_500.gif]

This is how I wake in the morning; awesome, spectacular, fabulous, and ready to go.
18-04-2013, 10:17 AM
I plan to slowly replace my body parts with mechanical parts over the next 50 years. I'll just end up in a junk yard when I eventually die.

[Image: opforum1.png]