I want to kill Bambi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2011, 06:37 AM
I want to kill Bambi
I saw this vid on YT of a deer attacking a cat and a dog.
The two were completely harmless but the deer trampled them.
The cat even played with the damn deer's cub and it still got hit.

I swear I want to kill a deer right now. Give me a rifle , I'm ready to go !!!

/venting complete

On a side note , I may want to hunt.
Any hunters on the forum ?
Where can I get a gun ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2011, 07:12 AM
RE: I want to kill Bambi
Is it bad that I found that video insanely funny?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
17-04-2011, 07:33 AM
People are awfully picky when it comes to what animals should do. The deer is protecting her young. Predators like dogs, cats, and humans who come in the neighborhood are surely gonna get it!

We are NOT the masters of nature we would like to be Gaglamesh. This video is a good lesson to all of us.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
17-04-2011, 07:38 AM
I think it's also a good lesson in the dangers of having towns take up enough space for everyone who lives their to have a 1/4 acre garden. In Britain you'd hardly ever find a deer so far into a city. It wouldn't be able to get past the outer ring of closely packed industrial and residential buildings, and certainly not through the next 20 rings of densely packed housing.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
17-04-2011, 04:11 PM
(17-04-2011 07:33 AM)The_observer Wrote:  People are awfully picky when it comes to what animals should do. The deer is protecting her young. Predators like dogs, cats, and humans who come in the neighborhood are surely gonna get it!

We are NOT the masters of nature we would like to be Gaglamesh. This video is a good lesson to all of us.

We aren't masters , true. But if a deer attacked my cat or dog , even if it did have young I'd still shoot it. I respect wildlife but when said wildlife attacks my loved ones , human or non-human , it's gonna get it.
What pisses me off the most is that the the woman filming does nothing.

17-04-2011, 08:50 PM
"I want to shoot Bambi."
Too late, I've got his skull hanging above my door. Wanna see?

Personally I use a .44 Lever-action rifle, works good, and its fun to use.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
17-04-2011, 09:07 PM

Before you hunt there's this thing about deer. Doe's are female and they don't have "cubs", they have fawns.

Deer have extraordinary senses of smell and hearing. The cat and dog smell like predators, because they're carnivores. The Doe was simply doing what her instincts told her to do. When the dog and cat got excited, they'll excrete a certain hormone that isn't what humans would consider, "I'm just playing". Rather, it's a predator musk that heightens when they're on the hunt and using all those excited energies to track, scent out, pounce and kill their prey.

For instance, ever watched a cat play with a mouse long after it's dead?
Look familiar? If you had the senses of a deer, you'd smell all those scents that cat is excreting in the moment of that warm up, playing with the live mouse, the pounce and kill and the cool down, when the cat is still "playing" with what is now a dead mouse. Not because the cat is morbid, but because they're looking for more fight in their prey and they're wanting to make sure it is indeed dead. It's also a means of switching off that attack mode, slowly.
If another mouse scampered by, you'd see that same cat light up again and go into the same "playful" posturing, attack and cool down.

Don't blame the deer. She was simply being a good mom, just like any human animal would be if a predator came near her child. Be it two legged or four.
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2011, 11:35 PM
(17-04-2011 04:11 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  We aren't masters , true. But if a deer attacked my cat or dog , even if it did have young I'd still shoot it. I respect wildlife but when said wildlife attacks my loved ones , human or non-human , it's gonna get it.
What pisses me off the most is that the the woman filming does nothing.
You can't blame the deer for it's action. Deer have no morals.
Although an intervention of that woman would be less cowardly, it would also be extremely unwise. That would just make more victims. The best she could do was keep de dog close to her.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
18-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Yeah I know , deer being a good mom.
Still , the pets didn't go to it, the doe and her fawn showed up on their porch. I would shoo them away with noise or something but if attacked my pets or family , I would not hesitate to kill the deer. Maybe I'm being biased towards domestic animals and protecting them , like it's my responsibility (humans did domesticate them in the first place) but I just felt like my blood was on fire with rage ...

Quote:Personally I use a .44 Lever-action rifle, works good, and its fun to use.
How much is a new one and a box of ammo ?

18-04-2011, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2011 01:29 PM by UnderTheMicroscope.)
(18-04-2011 10:40 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  
Quote:Personally I use a .44 Lever-action rifle, works good, and its fun to use.
How much is a new one and a box of ammo ?

Mine is an antique, been in my family for about 150 years. Was originally designed for handloaders, but since nobody makes handloaders anymore(more of a DIY thing now) I had to get it re-chambered for .44 magnum. In case you're wondering why it was never modified until almost 2 centuries after it was last used, its a family heirloom so most of my family members didn't use it. I wanted a hunting rifle and since I like the lever-actions I told my dad not to buy a new one but to instead get the old one modified.
Modern repeaters can range in price from just a couple hundred to thousands. It really all depends on what brand, model, caliber, and the store you buy it from.

As far as ammo goes, I buy 30 round boxes for about $45. Its not very economical, but quite honestly; fuck it. Its not fallout so I don't think I need enough ammo to take down all the trees in a forest.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"