I want to know more!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 01:56 PM
RE: I want to know more!
(10-07-2016 10:31 AM)Matt Wrote:  There is only one God. And He loves everyone.. the sad thing is not everyone accepts him. If you have a child, loving wife or caring person in your life.. would you disown them for your need... God just wants to love you. I urge everyone to accept Him. I invite anyone who needs prayer to ask me.. I'm here to reach out despite any opposition. Love wins all.. God bless

I will have some spaghetti tonight and pray to FSM that you will accept his noodley goodness. Wink.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
10-07-2016, 02:05 PM
(10-07-2016 10:31 AM)Matt Wrote:  There is only one God. And He loves everyone.. the sad thing is not everyone accepts him. If you have a child, loving wife or caring person in your life.. would you disown them for your need... God just wants to love you. I urge everyone to accept Him. I invite anyone who needs prayer to ask me.. I'm here to reach out despite any opposition. Love wins all.. God bless

Not a good first post. You should be getting to know us as individuals before you attempt to convert anyone. No one here is going to suddenly believe in fairy tales because you say so. First you have to be a person, then you have to see us as individual, real people, and then we can discuss.

Just coming here and proselytising isn't welcome and won't go over well. It is insulting to us.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
10-07-2016, 02:07 PM

You don't need god to love, but if you want to up your hate game god can help.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
10-07-2016, 02:14 PM
(10-07-2016 10:31 AM)Matt Wrote:  There is only one Bob. And He loves everyone.. the sad thing is not everyone accepts SLACK. If you have a child, loving wife or caring person in your life.. would you disown them for your need... Bob just wants to love you (no homo). I urge everyone to accept SLACK. I invite anyone who needs prayer to ask Bob for the appropriate psychotropics and pharmaceuticals. I'm here to laugh at monkeys throwing poo. SLACK wins all. Bob bless.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-07-2016, 02:19 PM
I had that too. Still do, though it's less intense now. I read the bible a few times, really paying attention to each story, re-reading parts I wasn't sure I got fully, etc. And I'm sure that your experience of complacency while still a believer is common, too. How do I know?

[Image: bread-menu.png]

This is still a thing. Go read the recipe, right where they say it is. Be sure to catch the cooking method. If the Judeo-Christian audience bothered to look it up, I'm sure this brand would disappear.
10-07-2016, 02:22 PM
(10-07-2016 02:19 PM)I Am Wrote:  I had that too. Still do, though it's less intense now. I read the bible a few times, really paying attention to each story, re-reading parts I wasn't sure I got fully, etc. And I'm sure that your experience of complacency while still a believer is common, too. How do I know?

[Image: bread-menu.png]

This is still a thing. Go read the recipe, right where they say it is. Be sure to catch the cooking method. If the Judeo-Christian audience bothered to look it up, I'm sure this brand would disappear.

Religious shit aside, that's the bread I eat. It has the lowest glycemic index in a bread I have ever found and barely spikes my sugars. Diabetes trumps religion every time. The diabetics alone are enough to keep them in business.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-07-2016, 02:25 PM
(10-07-2016 02:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Religious shit aside, that's the bread I eat. It has the lowest glycemic index in a bread I have ever found and barely spikes my sugars. Diabetes trumps religion every time. The diabetics alone are enough to keep them in business.

I see what you did there. Wink

I have nothing against the product, I just find the branding disgustingly hilarious.
10-07-2016, 02:35 PM

You're correct! There is only one god, Odin. Heart I know he loves me. He promised to end all the Ice Giants in the world. You don't see any Ice Giants roaming around do you, so Odin is real. Bowing REAL, I tell you!!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
10-07-2016, 02:48 PM
(10-07-2016 02:25 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 02:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Religious shit aside, that's the bread I eat. It has the lowest glycemic index in a bread I have ever found and barely spikes my sugars. Diabetes trumps religion every time. The diabetics alone are enough to keep them in business.

I see what you did there. Wink

I have nothing against the product, I just find the branding disgustingly hilarious.

I don't think these bakers are proselytizing, their bread has every ingredient mentioned in Ezekiel 4:9. They have another one called Genesis 1:29, "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat." (KJV) which has a higher content of protein. I think these are creative health-aware bakers interested in recipe archaeology (is there a term for that?). And if they can pull a few Christians in with branding, why not?

10-07-2016, 03:28 PM
(12-05-2016 07:45 AM)herrozerro Wrote:  Does anyone else here have a keen interest in what these religions actually believe?

They believe in a magical, non-existent sky-daddy that took one eensy weensy tiny speck of dust out of this whole humongous universe and populated it with slaves to do its bidding or suffer eternal damnation.

So, no!

"They think, therefore I am" - god
[+] 1 user Likes TechnoMonkey's post