I want to know more!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 05:28 PM
RE: I want to know more!
(10-07-2016 05:13 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 04:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I didn't know Thor loved me ...
http://www.thewrap.com/chris-hemsworth-m...inter-war/

If you are seriously SO deluded that you think intelligent people who seriously don't buy your garbage, just "can't accept" your deity, you're seriously out of touch, (but we get you need to tell yourself things like that to keep the cognitive dissonance at bay). And *of course* this "one god" just happens to be yours ... LOL. You know HOW MANY delusional idiots through thousands of year said exactly the same thing, and were all wrong ? You think you are special. You're not.

Jesus said "No one shall come to me unless the father draw him", so I guess you think you know mare than your Jebus-god.

As far as LDS go, they are a serious pile of laughs.
No rational person can buy this snake-oil.

I got to the golden tablet part given to Smith by the angel, that was all I could take before saying "bullshit", and how convenient, he had to give the golden tablet's back to the angel after translating them so nobody else could examine them.

But I did skip forward here and there ,knowing that con artist Smith had claimed it was the lost book of Abraham. Turns out the papyrus was a prayer to a dead Egyptian priest, not Abraham.

The entire Mormon religion is based on a fraud. But, I think all religions are, not saying the followers of the founders of any were deliberately lying, but some con had to sell it to enough people for it to take off.

What's so amazing, it's right there ... the lies, for anyone to see.
Facepalm
Joe smith was a TOTAL fraud.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-07-2016, 05:30 PM
(10-07-2016 04:35 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 04:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I want to know why God can't reveal himself. Instead he sends random people to atheist sites on recruitment campaigns.

You would think with all the supposed power he could just snap his holy fingers and make believers of all of us.

Instead, he sends Matt. And pops. And Blowme. No

Anytime you hear someone saying they're doing "God's work" -- you gotta wonder --- wtf is this slacker deity doing all day??? He's got work to do........ Are you telling me this alleged "Supreme Being" can create an entire universe -- and he can't handle his own marketing????????

Doesn't sound so "supreme" to me....

With humans, there are two types of bosses, the ones who get dirty with you, and the bean counters who sit up at the front of the store and delegate. I don't mind either until they think they are superior to you just because you work for them. But for many, not all, they have that same God complex as if you are their property to do with what you wish.

So no, I don't mind slackers, I simply hate assholes who lie about their own self importance. So in the context of the God character I agree. He claims he is superior to you, but needs you to do his work for him. Why would an "all powerful God" need body guards and a marketing department?

Buddhism isn't any better, but at least the attitude is "take it or leave it" for many.

The God character does NOT come across as all loving or all powerful, the character reads like a childish brat who cant get the players on his X Box to do what he wants.

Level 1, The Garden, "Hey you guys fucked up" he hits reset, kicks them out of the Garden.

Level 2. "Be a good Hebrew and nobody gets hurt. FUCK" Hit's reset with the act of genocide of the flood.

Level 3. "I'll clone myself and commit a fake suicide and promise not to beat the shit out of anyone again. FUCK" Reset

Level 4. Revelations, "These fucking assholes aren't doing what I want" Smashes the entire XBox, but keeps the sim card(followers) and throws the rest into the home incinerator.

And they all lived happily ever after. God, "Mommy can I have a cup of hot co co, I've had rough day."

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2016, 05:31 PM
(10-07-2016 10:31 AM)Matt Wrote:  There is only one God. And He loves everyone.. the sad thing is not everyone accepts him.

Allah?

(10-07-2016 10:31 AM)‘Matt Wrote:  If you have a child, loving wife or caring person in your life.. would you disown them for your need...God just wants to love you.

Some people on this Forum have lost children, spouses...if this is the best your invisible friend can do you can keep him.

(10-07-2016 10:31 AM)‘Matt’ Wrote:  I urge everyone to accept Him.

I urge you to grow up.

(10-07-2016 10:31 AM)‘Matt’ Wrote:  I invite anyone who needs prayer to ask me.. I'm here to reach out despite any opposition. Love wins all.. God bless

Instead of prayer why don’t you spend that time actually helping someone? Volunteer in a homeless shelter, spend time in cancer wards, go keep company the myriads of elderly in assisted living facilities who have no one to visit them...you know real things that help. Practice that love you believe in so much instead of just talking about it.

And in the infitesimal chance that you already do any of this, double your efforts, then double them again until you don’t have any free time to waste talking to yourself.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
10-07-2016, 05:33 PM
(10-07-2016 05:13 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 04:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I didn't know Thor loved me ...
http://www.thewrap.com/chris-hemsworth-m...inter-war/

If you are seriously SO deluded that you think intelligent people who seriously don't buy your garbage, just "can't accept" your deity, you're seriously out of touch, (but we get you need to tell yourself things like that to keep the cognitive dissonance at bay). And *of course* this "one god" just happens to be yours ... LOL. You know HOW MANY delusional idiots through thousands of year said exactly the same thing, and were all wrong ? You think you are special. You're not.

Jesus said "No one shall come to me unless the father draw him", so I guess you think you know mare than your Jebus-god.

As far as LDS go, they are a serious pile of laughs.
No rational person can buy this snake-oil.

I got to the golden tablet part given to Smith by the angel, that was all I could take before saying "bullshit", and how convenient, he had to give the golden tablet's back to the angel after translating them so nobody else could examine them.

But I did skip forward here and there ,knowing that con artist Smith had claimed it was the lost book of Abraham. Turns out the papyrus was a prayer to a dead Egyptian priest, not Abraham.

The entire Mormon religion is based on a fraud. But, I think all religions are, not saying the followers of the founders of any were deliberately lying, but some con had to sell it to enough people for it to take off.

Didn't it also take him years and years to 'translate' those tablets?

And wasn't there some magic decoder rock or something too.

Definitely one of the more fantastical stories that someone has managed to create a following out of.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-07-2016, 05:37 PM
(10-07-2016 05:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Definitely one of the more fantastical stories that someone has managed to create a following out of.

It's a good one but L Ron has him beat.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
10-07-2016, 05:39 PM
(10-07-2016 05:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 05:13 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I got to the golden tablet part given to Smith by the angel, that was all I could take before saying "bullshit", and how convenient, he had to give the golden tablet's back to the angel after translating them so nobody else could examine them.

Definitely one of the more fantastical stories that someone has managed to create a following out of.

Yes. These magical "seer stones".

[Image: Mormon-History-Gold-Plates-2.jpg]

ooooOOOOOOooooo

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-07-2016, 05:40 PM
(10-07-2016 05:37 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 05:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Definitely one of the more fantastical stories that someone has managed to create a following out of.

It's a good one but L Ron has him beat.

Ya know, I have debated that one with myself and I think it's a really close call but L Ron does seem to go the extra mile with the aliens and the Scientology cooties.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-07-2016, 05:54 PM
(10-07-2016 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 05:37 PM)unfogged Wrote:  It's a good one but L Ron has him beat.

Ya know, I have debated that one with myself and I think it's a really close call but L Ron does seem to go the extra mile with the aliens and the Scientology cooties.

The Mormons have those "seer stones" but the Scientologists have TA..DAAA!!!.....

....THe E METER!

[Image: Scientology_e_meter_blue_annotated.jpg]

It measures your emotions, thoughts and spirituality. Facepalm

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-07-2016, 06:21 PM
(10-07-2016 05:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 05:13 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I got to the golden tablet part given to Smith by the angel, that was all I could take before saying "bullshit", and how convenient, he had to give the golden tablet's back to the angel after translating them so nobody else could examine them.

I once tried to read the book of Mormon, and got past it saying And it came to pass time after time, and then it also says "And it came to pass that it came to pass." any number of times, but when I came to "And it came to pass that it came to pass that it came to pass" the second time I gave up.
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
10-07-2016, 06:22 PM
(10-07-2016 06:21 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 05:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Didn't it also take him years and years to 'translate' those tablets?

I once tried to read the book of Mormon, and got past it saying And it came to pass time after time, and then it also says "And it came to pass that it came to pass." any number of times, but when I came to "And it came to pass that it came to pass that it came to pass" the second time I gave up.

Sounds as riveting as all that begating in the bibly.