I want to know more!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 06:24 PM
RE: I want to know more!
(10-07-2016 05:37 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 05:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Definitely one of the more fantastical stories that someone has managed to create a following out of.

It's a good one but L Ron has him beat.

[Image: vxtEsEr.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like pablo's post
10-07-2016, 06:32 PM
(10-07-2016 06:21 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 05:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Didn't it also take him years and years to 'translate' those tablets?

And wasn't there some magic decoder rock or something too.

Definitely one of the more fantastical stories that someone has managed to create a following out of.

I once tried to read the book of Mormon, and got past it saying And it came to pass time after time, and then it also says "And it came to pass that it came to pass." any number of times, but when I came to "And it came to pass that it came to pass that it came to pass" the second time I gave up.

Laugh out loadLaugh out load

That sounds like it's a parody of itself.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-07-2016, 07:59 PM
I can bamboozle your popsicle stand kid.
Ever read Egyptian mythology? Interpret mythologies..

I can serve you any dish you want. and make you believe it.
10-07-2016, 08:02 PM
(10-07-2016 07:59 PM)AsIseephit Wrote:  I can bamboozle your popsicle stand kid.
Ever read Egyptian mythology? Interpret mythologies..

I can serve you any dish you want. and make you believe it.

Who are you writing to?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-07-2016, 08:29 PM
(12-05-2016 07:45 AM)herrozerro Wrote:  Recently some LDS missionaries showed up on my doorstep and it also revealed something to me. They are relying on the ignorance of their doctrine while they proselytise. They came off as pretty vanilla Christian, besides the whole new prophet thing.
Vanilla with a new prophet mayhap, but at least they're trained a bit. What's really interesting is when you get door to door folks who aren't. They can be super nice or super pricks, but never as effective as the ones who actually train folks.

One time I had a few from a church, forget the denomination but it wasn't JWs or Mormons, who were nice enough and looked through a yard sale I was having while they talked. They bought some cheap stuff and one guy said he'd think about one of the more expensive things (which still wasn't) for his wife on the way back through the neighborhood. When he and his friend came back through, they saw I was packing up for the day and helped, no more religion talk, just giving a hand. I told him if he wanted the thing for his wife, please feel free to take it for the help. He thanked me a lot, and I just thanked them both for helping out and wished them a good day. It's nice to see people actually helping a stranger out, and walking the walk, instead of just talking the talk.

Another time was this Baptist minister...who found a reason to leave once I hit him with a Bible question he couldn't answer. But only after insinuating I was going to Hell for being Catholic. Tongue

And I hope you enjoy that insatiable studying feeling. It's always fun to learn new stuff!

(10-07-2016 10:31 AM)Matt Wrote:  There is only one God. And He loves everyone.. the sad thing is not everyone accepts him. If you have a child, loving wife or caring person in your life.. would you disown them for your need... God just wants to love you. I urge everyone to accept Him. I invite anyone who needs prayer to ask me.. I'm here to reach out despite any opposition. Love wins all.. God bless

Popcorn Drinking Beverage How do I put this politely? Your drive by isn't just insulting the atheists, but those of us who believe in God as well, because it shows a true lack of even a cursory glance through. Pretty sure there's half a dozen of us who are Christians of some stripe, one super intelligent follower of Judaism, and probably other theists I'm missing.

However, I do think you're heart is in the right place. Just not the best delivery. Then again, I don't usually evangelize, I suck at evangelization; too often reinforce people's lack of belief on the few occasions I've tried.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2016, 10:16 PM
(10-07-2016 10:31 AM)Matt Wrote:  There is only one God. And He loves everyone.. the sad thing is not everyone accepts him. If you have a child, loving wife or caring person in your life.. would you disown them for your need... God just wants to love you. I urge everyone to accept Him. I invite anyone who needs prayer to ask me.. I'm here to reach out despite any opposition. Love wins all.. God bless

There is no evidence of the existence of any gods. There is not anything to accept except delusion.

No, thank you. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-07-2016, 10:22 PM
(10-07-2016 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 05:37 PM)unfogged Wrote:  It's a good one but L Ron has him beat.

Ya know, I have debated that one with myself and I think it's a really close call but L Ron does seem to go the extra mile with the aliens and the Scientology cooties.

Yeah, and it's soooooooooo much more believable. Rolleyes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-07-2016, 10:40 PM
(10-07-2016 05:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 05:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ya know, I have debated that one with myself and I think it's a really close call but L Ron does seem to go the extra mile with the aliens and the Scientology cooties.

The Mormons have those "seer stones" but the Scientologists have TA..DAAA!!!.....

....THe E METER!

[Image: Scientology_e_meter_blue_annotated.jpg]

It measures your emotions, thoughts and spirituality. Facepalm

Xenu Airlines

[Image: xenu.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-07-2016, 10:49 PM
(10-07-2016 06:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 06:21 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I once tried to read the book of Mormon, and got past it saying And it came to pass time after time, and then it also says "And it came to pass that it came to pass." any number of times, but when I came to "And it came to pass that it came to pass that it came to pass" the second time I gave up.

Sounds as riveting as all that begating in the bibly.

It reminds me of the army stories I hear.
"and the soldiers gathered, and the order was given "PREPARE TO PREPARE" "
11-07-2016, 12:42 AM

Nice load of bullshit you have there. Trolling or you genuinely believe this tripe?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.