I want to know more!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2016, 07:50 AM
RE: I want to know more!
(12-05-2016 07:45 AM)herrozerro Wrote:  I've been an admitted Athiest (to myself and a few close friends, but not open) for about six months now. And I have found an interesting side effect of this. I want to learn as much as I can about religion now!

As a "believer" I was pretty complacent, coasting on my laurels of being a bright Sunday school kid. Now in retrospect, I think my lack of ambition for learning the deeper things was a nagging feeling that none of it really made any sense, and that I somehow knew that it was all a joke.

But now? I am listening to Christian talk radio, apologetics, and being engaged more in church, taking lots of notes and critiquing my pastor much more.

Recently some LDS missionaries showed up on my doorstep and it also revealed something to me. They are relying on the ignorance of their doctrine while they proselytise. They came off as pretty vanilla Christian, besides the whole new prophet thing.

So I have now launched into a study of their doctrines... and I'm loving it!

Does anyone else here have a keen interest in what these religions actually believe?

Quite the opposite for me! Religion, and religious people annoy me more now than ever before.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post
14-07-2016, 09:48 AM
(11-07-2016 07:50 AM)izel Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 07:45 AM)herrozerro Wrote:  I've been an admitted Athiest (to myself and a few close friends, but not open) for about six months now. And I have found an interesting side effect of this. I want to learn as much as I can about religion now!

As a "believer" I was pretty complacent, coasting on my laurels of being a bright Sunday school kid. Now in retrospect, I think my lack of ambition for learning the deeper things was a nagging feeling that none of it really made any sense, and that I somehow knew that it was all a joke.

But now? I am listening to Christian talk radio, apologetics, and being engaged more in church, taking lots of notes and critiquing my pastor much more.

Recently some LDS missionaries showed up on my doorstep and it also revealed something to me. They are relying on the ignorance of their doctrine while they proselytise. They came off as pretty vanilla Christian, besides the whole new prophet thing.

So I have now launched into a study of their doctrines... and I'm loving it!

Does anyone else here have a keen interest in what these religions actually believe?

Quite the opposite for me! Religion, and religious people annoy me more now than ever before.

The people still bother me, that's true enough. But the lore is what really is interesting for me once I started to look at it as fiction.
Find all posts by this user
14-07-2016, 11:19 PM
(10-07-2016 10:31 AM)Matt Wrote:  There is only one God. And He loves everyone.. the sad thing is not everyone accepts him. If you have a child, loving wife or caring person in your life.. would you disown them for your need... God just wants to love you. I urge everyone to accept Him. I invite anyone who needs prayer to ask me.. I'm here to reach out despite any opposition. Love wins all.. God bless

Does this include the Chinese and the Indians?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-07-2016, 06:33 AM
(14-07-2016 11:19 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 10:31 AM)Matt Wrote:  There is only one God. And He loves everyone.. the sad thing is not everyone accepts him. If you have a child, loving wife or caring person in your life.. would you disown them for your need... God just wants to love you. I urge everyone to accept Him. I invite anyone who needs prayer to ask me.. I'm here to reach out despite any opposition. Love wins all.. God bless

Does this include the Chinese and the Indians?

Whatever happened to Matt? I thought he was here to "reach out despite any opposition."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk